New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Talk about .hack news unrelated to the other forums and other off-topic discussion!
User avatar
SSJScygoku
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: "The World"

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by SSJScygoku » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:48 pm

Tarsilo wrote: No problem, I'm not very active in this forum anyway.
:D Most excellent,how did you find the Japanese audio compared?

Nope,its pretty much a one time thing from what I recall as it finishes off the Abyss questline ^^'

:/ that sucks for them,seems like there are plenty of official licenses for other languages like German/Spanish/French for other manga when compared to English and i'll assume Portuguese. Surely when the major series are finished Kazetrigger might translate Zero and Epitaph of Twilight xD

d(^_^) hope they have one you can use~

User avatar
Tarsilo
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by Tarsilo » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:23 pm

SSJScygoku wrote:
Tarsilo wrote: No problem, I'm not very active in this forum anyway.
:D Most excellent,how did you find the Japanese audio compared?

Nope,its pretty much a one time thing from what I recall as it finishes off the Abyss questline ^^'

:/ that sucks for them,seems like there are plenty of official licenses for other languages like German/Spanish/French for other manga when compared to English and i'll assume Portuguese. Surely when the major series are finished Kazetrigger might translate Zero and Epitaph of Twilight xD

d(^_^) hope they have one you can use~
I really liked Japanese dubbing, although I also enjoy dubbing in English (which is a rarity, I do not usually like it very much).

Seriously it has many works translated into Spanish? I wanted to find them online to read, I can understand more or less what is written about having a similarity to Portuguese.

Well, I've just played the 4 volumes of G.U. and now I'm playing Link, enjoying the story a lot, a pity the gameplay is not so good.

User avatar
SSJScygoku
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: "The World"

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by SSJScygoku » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:59 am

Tarsilo wrote:I really liked Japanese dubbing, although I also enjoy dubbing in English (which is a rarity, I do not usually like it very much).

Seriously it has many works translated into Spanish? I wanted to find them online to read, I can understand more or less what is written about having a similarity to Portuguese.

Well, I've just played the 4 volumes of G.U. and now I'm playing Link, enjoying the story a lot, a pity the gameplay is not so good.
^.^ atleast you know there is another dub that you do enjoy watching~

^^' ah I meant there is often tonnes of manga picked up by other European countries compared to English releases,not necessarily .hack though to be honest I don't know how much of the series was released in Spanish if at all.

:) Glad you are enjoying the story element but yeah from what I've seen the gameplay has alot to be desired which if they ever do remake/remaster LINK then I'd like to see a fleshed out combat system and exploration of Root Towns~

User avatar
Tarsilo
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by Tarsilo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:35 am

SSJScygoku wrote:
Tarsilo wrote:I really liked Japanese dubbing, although I also enjoy dubbing in English (which is a rarity, I do not usually like it very much).

Seriously it has many works translated into Spanish? I wanted to find them online to read, I can understand more or less what is written about having a similarity to Portuguese.

Well, I've just played the 4 volumes of G.U. and now I'm playing Link, enjoying the story a lot, a pity the gameplay is not so good.
^.^ atleast you know there is another dub that you do enjoy watching~

^^' ah I meant there is often tonnes of manga picked up by other European countries compared to English releases,not necessarily .hack though to be honest I don't know how much of the series was released in Spanish if at all.

:) Glad you are enjoying the story element but yeah from what I've seen the gameplay has alot to be desired which if they ever do remake/remaster LINK then I'd like to see a fleshed out combat system and exploration of Root Towns~
Ah yes, I understood, I thought I had several .hack releases in Spanish, I felt momentarily deluded.

The story is very good, the idea that you come out reliving all times of .hack is very interesting, just as the new story and the new characters are cool, but the gameplay is very weak, and the game is very long, I think that Link would work best being an anime.

I wonder what the next projects for .hack would be, would it be a remaster for IMOQ? A new work? Anyway, .hack is a long and old franchise, I believe that the ideal would be a work finalizing the story.

Later, they could adapt the light novel to anime, I would love to see AI Buster as an anime

User avatar
SSJScygoku
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: "The World"

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by SSJScygoku » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:11 pm

Tarsilo wrote: Ah yes, I understood, I thought I had several .hack releases in Spanish, I felt momentarily deluded.

The story is very good, the idea that you come out reliving all times of .hack is very interesting, just as the new story and the new characters are cool, but the gameplay is very weak, and the game is very long, I think that Link would work best being an anime.

I wonder what the next projects for .hack would be, would it be a remaster for IMOQ? A new work? Anyway, .hack is a long and old franchise, I believe that the ideal would be a work finalizing the story.

Later, they could adapt the light novel to anime, I would love to see AI Buster as an anime
Well there may be some Spanish .hack but I haven't a clue,I just know other European countries seem to get so much more translated xD

:) Glad you are enjoying the story, yeah the concept really helps bring in people who don't know anything about .hack as it goes through the timeline but would be nice if they improved the combat seeing as,as you said the game is long.

I'd hope they would atleast remaster IMOQ but that would require quite abit of work especially if they perhaps want to modernise the game mechanics as compared to today's standard its not as fluid to G.U. which was one of the reasons that it was remastered first. I wouldn't mind seeing either another Versus with more characters, Guilty Dragon/New World as on disc bonuses along with a LINK remaster/remake?
New game wise I'd love to see it take place in Force:Era which would be far more modern, show more guilds, airships, perhaps a customisable character so people could choose their class from a wide variety (or allow class changes) and plenty of references to Canard/past .hack characters xD

^-^ I'd really love to see more .hack anime like an A.I. Buster adaption,not sure if they could fit all the content in but would be amazing none the less~

User avatar
Tarsilo
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by Tarsilo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:33 am

SSJScygoku wrote:
Tarsilo wrote: Ah yes, I understood, I thought I had several .hack releases in Spanish, I felt momentarily deluded.

The story is very good, the idea that you come out reliving all times of .hack is very interesting, just as the new story and the new characters are cool, but the gameplay is very weak, and the game is very long, I think that Link would work best being an anime.

I wonder what the next projects for .hack would be, would it be a remaster for IMOQ? A new work? Anyway, .hack is a long and old franchise, I believe that the ideal would be a work finalizing the story.

Later, they could adapt the light novel to anime, I would love to see AI Buster as an anime
Well there may be some Spanish .hack but I haven't a clue,I just know other European countries seem to get so much more translated xD

:) Glad you are enjoying the story, yeah the concept really helps bring in people who don't know anything about .hack as it goes through the timeline but would be nice if they improved the combat seeing as,as you said the game is long.

I'd hope they would atleast remaster IMOQ but that would require quite abit of work especially if they perhaps want to modernise the game mechanics as compared to today's standard its not as fluid to G.U. which was one of the reasons that it was remastered first. I wouldn't mind seeing either another Versus with more characters, Guilty Dragon/New World as on disc bonuses along with a LINK remaster/remake?
New game wise I'd love to see it take place in Force:Era which would be far more modern, show more guilds, airships, perhaps a customisable character so people could choose their class from a wide variety (or allow class changes) and plenty of references to Canard/past .hack characters xD

^-^ I'd really love to see more .hack anime like an A.I. Buster adaption,not sure if they could fit all the content in but would be amazing none the less~
Well, at least most of the major works are translated into English, which is already good for understanding most of the work.

Yes, the combat system is very weak, I think the G.U. is the best .hack game, has a very good story, most of the characters have been well used, and the mechanics are great.
If they remaster the Link, they will have to rethink totally in this gameplay not to be a tiring game.

As you said, IMOQ is very dated, it would be quite troublesome to remaster for the new generation, its combat system is weak for the present times, and I do not even need to talk about the graphics.
I think that in addition to the fluidity of the G.U., the work is probably the peak of the success of .hack, which collaborated to invest in his remastering.

A new Versus would be very interesting, but it seems that the .hack audience does not care much for a franchise fighting game, or just did not make the correct disclosure.

Adaptive Animes for .hack would be a good way to advertise the franchise, I think they did not use this format well in the series, since it was always used only as a complement to the franchise instead of trying to get new fans.

An anime from Link would be very interesting, it would help people to know the franchise well, and could better explore the events (see the fights in an anime, it would be much better than to be seeing static images).

User avatar
SSJScygoku
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: "The World"

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by SSJScygoku » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:05 pm

Tarsilo wrote: An anime from Link would be very interesting, it would help people to know the franchise well, and could better explore the events (see the fights in an anime, it would be much better than to be seeing static images).
xD maybe easier to make LINK a visual novel if they don't fix up the combat, but i'm sure fans would much rather have movement and attacks rather than just going through dialogue and choices~

From what I saw of the IMOQ graphics when used with an emulator it looked pretty awesome,far better than what the PS2 could show but I don't think if they would take the time to change much especially if the overhaul the combat...probably easier starting from scratch xD
Sounds about right, pretty sure the G.U. games sold better than IMOQ in Japan not to mention there was more than likely far better promotion of the G.U. games @.@

I'm not entirely sure how well Versus did as it was bundled with the hybrid version but anyone i've talked to liked the game or had no issues since it was really a bare bones extra but still so much love was put into it ^-^ Maybe if it had a a stand alone release it would have been easier to assess the fan reaction, plus it would have made it easier to localise I'd imagine xD

I think that was the idea of LINK, play as a gamer and go through all of the .hack timeline so they would learn the important info along the way with this new protagonist. Well most of the anime were prequels/sequels to the games or just extras, I'd imagine they wanted a way for gamers and anime fans to hear about the games as a way to advertise e.g. "I know of .hack//INFECTION but what is this .hack//SIGN?" or something like that xD

xD you said it,full motion is the way to go rather than a static image~ Heck even with character interactions I'd prefer the 3D models talking~

User avatar
Tarsilo
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by Tarsilo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:38 am

SSJScygoku wrote:
Tarsilo wrote: An anime from Link would be very interesting, it would help people to know the franchise well, and could better explore the events (see the fights in an anime, it would be much better than to be seeing static images).
xD maybe easier to make LINK a visual novel if they don't fix up the combat, but i'm sure fans would much rather have movement and attacks rather than just going through dialogue and choices~

From what I saw of the IMOQ graphics when used with an emulator it looked pretty awesome,far better than what the PS2 could show but I don't think if they would take the time to change much especially if the overhaul the combat...probably easier starting from scratch xD
Sounds about right, pretty sure the G.U. games sold better than IMOQ in Japan not to mention there was more than likely far better promotion of the G.U. games @.@

I'm not entirely sure how well Versus did as it was bundled with the hybrid version but anyone i've talked to liked the game or had no issues since it was really a bare bones extra but still so much love was put into it ^-^ Maybe if it had a a stand alone release it would have been easier to assess the fan reaction, plus it would have made it easier to localise I'd imagine xD

I think that was the idea of LINK, play as a gamer and go through all of the .hack timeline so they would learn the important info along the way with this new protagonist. Well most of the anime were prequels/sequels to the games or just extras, I'd imagine they wanted a way for gamers and anime fans to hear about the games as a way to advertise e.g. "I know of .hack//INFECTION but what is this .hack//SIGN?" or something like that xD

xD you said it,full motion is the way to go rather than a static image~ Heck even with character interactions I'd prefer the 3D models talking~
A visual novel would be interesting, but I still wanted a bigger anime project for .hack, and Link would be a wonderful option for that, what they can not do is a remastering of Link and the game remain with the same gameplay.

I never went looking for IMOQ in an emulator, but as you said, it would be better to start from scratch, since it is necessary to modify the combat style of IMOQ that is well dated.
I did not look for sales of IMOQ or G.U., but considering that most of the most popular characters are from G.U., it should mean that it is the most successful work.

From what I read, Versus was not very good at sales, as you said, maybe it would have been better if the game was sold alone and not as a hybrid, not all fans of the game, have an interest in seeing the other works of the franchise.
I would like a new Versus well worked out and publicized, it would be a good idea .hack to have more fighting games in the Dragon Ball and Naruto style.

I understand this idea and it is great, the problem is that it becomes very tiring because the game is extensive besides the weak gameplay, about the animes, could do something that is not just an extra or prequel / sequence of games, unique Since this occurred was in SIGN (?), a season with more action would be great.

Unfortunately it seems that they are not very interested in winning a new amount of fans and make the franchise bigger, that chance was lost during the time of the G.U.

It would have been interesting to have launched The World as a real MMOPRG game, just needed to balance each class well, this could have given a great visibility to the franchise, besides being able to play a great game, I would love to play with a Wavemaster in a real game: P

User avatar
SSJScygoku
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: "The World"

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by SSJScygoku » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:54 pm

Tarsilo wrote: I would like a new Versus well worked out and publicized, it would be a good idea .hack to have more fighting games in the Dragon Ball and Naruto style.

It would have been interesting to have launched The World as a real MMOPRG game, just needed to balance each class well, this could have given a great visibility to the franchise, besides being able to play a great game, I would love to play with a Wavemaster in a real game: P
:) Well if they ever did an anime for LINK I hope it would atleast be 26 episodes with perhaps an OVA or two so that they cover the main eras along with some fun cameos~

Hopefully the sales from Last Recode,not to mention all the flipping merch they released (and still are) will indicate that there is a viable market for .hack still and they just have to do something big although just re-releasing IMOQ would be a nice start xD
Yup alot of characters from G.U. were very popular and i'll assume the fans from IMOQ went onto G.U. so that probably helped the sales xD

:) Heck yeah especially since CC2 already make those fighting games it wouldn't be an issue to do a full .hack fighting game complete with tonnes of characters,items, cameos and references from the previous series~

They did do Quantum and Beyond the World,though the movie did link on to Versus xD But I see what you mean, having an anime thats not directly related to the games so people don't need it for background info though I'd say the anime flows better if it does feed into other medium xD

Given the sales of G.U. i'm not entirely sure why they didn't unless they thought LINK would've taken off more than it did, if only they made it for the consoles o-o

I'd think an actual The World wouldn't be all that interesting to modern gamers unless the base it on a later rendition of The World e.g. Force Era as back then it was just goto fields,get to the lowest level of dungeon and obtain a rare item. Unless they allow everyone to Gate Hack/Data Drain and be an existence that can work outside the normal boundaries of the normal system then people wouldn't be too interested,plus if everyone could use those skills the game would be broken in days xD
They would need to be tripping in mods/admins to control the players~

User avatar
Tarsilo
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by Tarsilo » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:23 pm

SSJScygoku wrote:
Tarsilo wrote: I would like a new Versus well worked out and publicized, it would be a good idea .hack to have more fighting games in the Dragon Ball and Naruto style.

It would have been interesting to have launched The World as a real MMOPRG game, just needed to balance each class well, this could have given a great visibility to the franchise, besides being able to play a great game, I would love to play with a Wavemaster in a real game: P
:) Well if they ever did an anime for LINK I hope it would atleast be 26 episodes with perhaps an OVA or two so that they cover the main eras along with some fun cameos~

Hopefully the sales from Last Recode,not to mention all the flipping merch they released (and still are) will indicate that there is a viable market for .hack still and they just have to do something big although just re-releasing IMOQ would be a nice start xD
Yup alot of characters from G.U. were very popular and i'll assume the fans from IMOQ went onto G.U. so that probably helped the sales xD

:) Heck yeah especially since CC2 already make those fighting games it wouldn't be an issue to do a full .hack fighting game complete with tonnes of characters,items, cameos and references from the previous series~

They did do Quantum and Beyond the World,though the movie did link on to Versus xD But I see what you mean, having an anime thats not directly related to the games so people don't need it for background info though I'd say the anime flows better if it does feed into other medium xD

Given the sales of G.U. i'm not entirely sure why they didn't unless they thought LINK would've taken off more than it did, if only they made it for the consoles o-o

I'd think an actual The World wouldn't be all that interesting to modern gamers unless the base it on a later rendition of The World e.g. Force Era as back then it was just goto fields,get to the lowest level of dungeon and obtain a rare item. Unless they allow everyone to Gate Hack/Data Drain and be an existence that can work outside the normal boundaries of the normal system then people wouldn't be too interested,plus if everyone could use those skills the game would be broken in days xD
They would need to be tripping in mods/admins to control the players~
I do not know 26 episodes would be enough to explore all the timelines that were explored in the Link (being that GnU was not included taking out Raid's existence in the game, Fragment was just a small event, Lara's story was not included either addition, and I think it would be necessary to include GU volume 4 in the story).

I was happy with the sales of Last Recode, it might not have been a great number like selling 1 million copies, but 300k for a franchise that for almost a decade has not received more attention, it was very good, I hope they do not give up on .hack now .

Hopefully in case there is another .hack fighting game, be better used and of course, do not be in a hybrid again.

Exactly what I meant, I think to attract new fans with an anime, the ideal would be adaptations and not an extra material to the games.

I think the idea of ​​a game like The World would have worked better by the time the franchise was at its peak, it would not be a dated game at the time, and over time it was just adapting to the actuality.

Well, I finally finished playing Link, I intended to leave all my teammates in the Xth form, however this requires a lot of time, and I was already getting tired of collecting virus core.

I do not quite understand why Sakaki is a twilight knight (and because he was used to unison adress, I wanted so much that they had put Hokuto, Carl and Ouka in the unison adress), I also do not know why Chimney is a twilight knight anymore the A-20 does not.

As I mentioned before, not everything was fully explored, GnU was only with the existence of Raid, not only the story was ignored, but also all the other characters in the work.
The Fragment part was summed up in an event that you just select path options that in the end seem to all come to the same place (and did not even make pictures for the old Hokuto and Balmung characters), Lara's story was not used, just quoted, which is a shame, because it would be an opportunity to know better a story that we did not have a chance to read.

User avatar
SSJScygoku
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: "The World"

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by SSJScygoku » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:25 pm

Tarsilo wrote: As I mentioned before, not everything was fully explored, GnU was only with the existence of Raid, not only the story was ignored, but also all the other characters in the work.
The Fragment part was summed up in an event that you just select path options that in the end seem to all come to the same place (and did not even make pictures for the old Hokuto and Balmung characters), Lara's story was not used, just quoted, which is a shame, because it would be an opportunity to know better a story that we did not have a chance to read.
:/ hmm you have a good point, even if they spend two or three episodes per era it might not be enough as they span a fair amount though if they ever did I'd imagine they would focus on just recaps how what each era was about and make sure long aspects such as the games got more explanation. Indeed they should add vol 4 aswell along with other areas such as Epitaph of Twilight :)

We can only hope Last Recode got enough interest for Bandai to allow more .hack to be made since its really upto them, really wish CC2 had the IP rights so they could make and distribute the series themselves without waiting for approval :/ In Bandai's latest survey they let you select anime titles you follow (which have games) and after selecting them they have a selection where you select which game series you'd like to see another game from and what kind of game e.g. .hack and RPG ^_^ https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JRPMZZR? ... S5fgR4qKfk

You have a good point about The World being updated if they ever made it a game,thanks to DLC and online updates which standalone games back in the day didn't get especially if the console didn't have internet access :D

xD congrats on finishing LINK,I take it grinding for virus cores takes ages and/or unlocking the Xth form requires ALOT of cores?

I take it they perhaps used a poll of popular characters and used that as a reference on who to add,either that or it was story related why you got some of them who weren't dothackers to begin with ?-?

I'm guessing they either didn't have time to include every aspect of the .hack universe or they didn't want to add any more dialogue due to so much text being present? That or hiring more VA's for other characters would've cost too much xD
A shame they missed out segments and only included a character or two from some iterations T_T
:/ damn thought they would have used Fragment images for Balmung/Hokuto unless they somehow looked the same,well Balmung anyway since Hokuto didn't exist past Fragment. That sucks, would've been nice to get some info from Epitaph of Twilight from LINK as its not been translated,hopefully Kazetrigger will translate them at some point.

User avatar
Tarsilo
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by Tarsilo » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:12 pm

SSJScygoku wrote:
Tarsilo wrote: As I mentioned before, not everything was fully explored, GnU was only with the existence of Raid, not only the story was ignored, but also all the other characters in the work.
The Fragment part was summed up in an event that you just select path options that in the end seem to all come to the same place (and did not even make pictures for the old Hokuto and Balmung characters), Lara's story was not used, just quoted, which is a shame, because it would be an opportunity to know better a story that we did not have a chance to read.
:/ hmm you have a good point, even if they spend two or three episodes per era it might not be enough as they span a fair amount though if they ever did I'd imagine they would focus on just recaps how what each era was about and make sure long aspects such as the games got more explanation. Indeed they should add vol 4 aswell along with other areas such as Epitaph of Twilight :)

We can only hope Last Recode got enough interest for Bandai to allow more .hack to be made since its really upto them, really wish CC2 had the IP rights so they could make and distribute the series themselves without waiting for approval :/ In Bandai's latest survey they let you select anime titles you follow (which have games) and after selecting them they have a selection where you select which game series you'd like to see another game from and what kind of game e.g. .hack and RPG ^_^ https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JRPMZZR? ... S5fgR4qKfk

You have a good point about The World being updated if they ever made it a game,thanks to DLC and online updates which standalone games back in the day didn't get especially if the console didn't have internet access :D

xD congrats on finishing LINK,I take it grinding for virus cores takes ages and/or unlocking the Xth form requires ALOT of cores?

I take it they perhaps used a poll of popular characters and used that as a reference on who to add,either that or it was story related why you got some of them who weren't dothackers to begin with ?-?

I'm guessing they either didn't have time to include every aspect of the .hack universe or they didn't want to add any more dialogue due to so much text being present? That or hiring more VA's for other characters would've cost too much xD
A shame they missed out segments and only included a character or two from some iterations T_T
:/ damn thought they would have used Fragment images for Balmung/Hokuto unless they somehow looked the same,well Balmung anyway since Hokuto didn't exist past Fragment. That sucks, would've been nice to get some info from Epitaph of Twilight from LINK as its not been translated,hopefully Kazetrigger will translate them at some point.
Sorry for the delay, I forgot to answer

Yes, 3 or 4 episodes would not be enough to demonstrate each era, but I know I'm just dreaming of them doing a project aimed at winning a larger audience.

Let's hope that Bandai really got interested in .hack, I do not think they expected a bigger performance of the franchise, now I'm anxious to know what will be the next step for the work.

To unlock the Xth Forms it takes several virus cores, given that you have to by the skills to level 5 and raise one more level again to get to the Xth Form, the problem is that there are some virus cores that are needed large quantities like 25 of each, so I got tired later.

Maybe, but I do not remember what popularity ran like before the Link game.

I think you are right, the game was already quite long lasting, if you were to explore 100% each part of the franchise, it would take a good 100 hours to finish completely, I just missed the story of Lara being used and seeing the old characters from Balmung and Hokuto.

User avatar
SSJScygoku
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: "The World"

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by SSJScygoku » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:51 am

Tarsilo wrote:Sorry for the delay, I forgot to answer
:D No worries, everyone is busy this time of the year~

^^' it would be nice if they let us know what their plans are or do something like actual pre-orders (Kickstarter like idea) to see how many people would buy a new .hack game or a re-release of IMOQ. >.> or safer yet give the IP to CC2 so they can do what they want without needing their approval all the time.

Ah no wonder then, so many virus cores especially due to the large roster of characters the game has xD

Going by the sales of G.U. the series seemed popular enough but with LINK on PSP it was awhile before much else came out after that game wise @.@

xD well if the sales were good they could have added in extra content e.g. Epitaph of Twilight (so long as it wasn't present on the game already) but holy crap thats alot of hours if they did lol A shame they didn't have more artwork for those characters as I'd imagine most made it to the physical TCG .hack//LINK Victory Spark @.@

EmeraldWand
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:27 pm

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by EmeraldWand » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:10 am

Hi everyone!
I'm a long-time .hack fan, who ironically has never played the games (although I watched my friend play through all of them; he's a better gamer than me). I have watched SIGN, one episode of Roots, Luminality, and the GU movie. I've read tons of trivia about .hack.

Currently, I'm working on a fan fiction that has come a long ways. Topic here.

User avatar
Tarsilo
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by Tarsilo » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:20 pm

SSJScygoku wrote:
Tarsilo wrote:Sorry for the delay, I forgot to answer
:D No worries, everyone is busy this time of the year~

^^' it would be nice if they let us know what their plans are or do something like actual pre-orders (Kickstarter like idea) to see how many people would buy a new .hack game or a re-release of IMOQ. >.> or safer yet give the IP to CC2 so they can do what they want without needing their approval all the time.

Ah no wonder then, so many virus cores especially due to the large roster of characters the game has xD

Going by the sales of G.U. the series seemed popular enough but with LINK on PSP it was awhile before much else came out after that game wise @.@

xD well if the sales were good they could have added in extra content e.g. Epitaph of Twilight (so long as it wasn't present on the game already) but holy crap thats alot of hours if they did lol A shame they didn't have more artwork for those characters as I'd imagine most made it to the physical TCG .hack//LINK Victory Spark @.@
I just hope that this new .hack project does not take long to come, it is no use saying that there are plans to revive the franchise if the releases were only a remastering + a new short game and a novel, the play also needs an ending and do not leave any loose ends.

I have a question to ask you, do you if there is any link to download the Guilty Dragon and New World games? I know the activities have been terminated, but some people create an emulator type using the latest version of the game, do you know if it has one?

User avatar
Falions
Posts: 395
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:15 am

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by Falions » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:37 am

Tarsilo wrote: I just hope that this new .hack project does not take long to come, it is no use saying that there are plans to revive the franchise if the releases were only a remastering + a new short game and a novel, the play also needs an ending and do not leave any loose ends.

I have a question to ask you, do you if there is any link to download the Guilty Dragon and New World games? I know the activities have been terminated, but some people create an emulator type using the latest version of the game, do you know if it has one?
It's up to Bandai Namco. Even at the countdown stream on NYE Matsuyama said to harass them for anything new.
As for the iOS games, there are no servers for them anymore so it won't work.

User avatar
SSJScygoku
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: "The World"

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by SSJScygoku » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:08 pm

EmeraldWand wrote:Hi everyone!
I'm a long-time .hack fan, who ironically has never played the games (although I watched my friend play through all of them; he's a better gamer than me). I have watched SIGN, one episode of Roots, Luminality, and the GU movie. I've read tons of trivia about .hack.
^(^ - ^) welcome to the forums, always good to have a veteran fan join~ :D There is plenty of other .hack anime/manga/novels out there for you, why only one episode of Roots though? ?-?

EmeraldWand
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:27 pm

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by EmeraldWand » Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:21 am

SSJScygoku wrote:
EmeraldWand wrote:Hi everyone!
I'm a long-time .hack fan, who ironically has never played the games (although I watched my friend play through all of them; he's a better gamer than me). I have watched SIGN, one episode of Roots, Luminality, and the GU movie. I've read tons of trivia about .hack.
^(^ - ^) welcome to the forums, always good to have a veteran fan join~ :D There is plenty of other .hack anime/manga/novels out there for you, why only one episode of Roots though? ?-?
Thanks :D I was in school when I started watching, so not a ton of time for anime, and the guy (who I knew personally) who knew the most about .hack said it was so-so. Maybe I'll go back and binge watch it, but I'm kinda more interested in reading the novels.

User avatar
Nima
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:16 am

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by Nima » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:27 am

Hiya. Been lurking for over a decade and a half, thought I might as well finally introduce myself.

Played the original .hack// quadrilogy on PS2 as they were released, watched SIGN a couple of times when it was on TV, and read through Legend of the Twilight. Wished desperately for .hack//FRAGMENT to come out in the US, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

My favorite stories from the .hack// universe though are AI Buster 1 & 2.

With the rerelease of G.U. I began to see .hack// more and more until I decided to get back into it, which lead me right back here, I place I haven't been since the early 2000's.

.hack// is what made me who I am today. .hack// is the reason I became a virtual reality developer.

User avatar
d5t
Posts: 1014
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:08 pm
Contact:

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by d5t » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:09 pm

Nima wrote:Hiya. Been lurking for over a decade and a half, thought I might as well finally introduce myself.

Played the original .hack// quadrilogy on PS2 as they were released, watched SIGN a couple of times when it was on TV, and read through Legend of the Twilight. Wished desperately for .hack//FRAGMENT to come out in the US, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

My favorite stories from the .hack// universe though are AI Buster 1 & 2.

With the rerelease of G.U. I began to see .hack// more and more until I decided to get back into it, which lead me right back here, I place I haven't been since the early 2000's.

.hack// is what made me who I am today. .hack// is the reason I became a virtual reality developer.
Better late than never! We're getting closer to "The World" becoming a reality. Imagine thinking that we'd have something like the HTC Vive today back when watching .hack//SIGN 15 years ago.

Post Reply