hey does anyone ever get freaked out while playing .hack

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

Mistral's_Man

Re: hey does anyone ever get freaked out while playing .hack

Post by Mistral's_Man »

Waaaaaaaaaaaay back when in 2007(yeah, started that series really late) Skeith was pretty freaky to me, but what was even worse was seeing Cubia afterwards...I almost didn't want to play Mutation. :(
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Mistral's_Man wrote:Waaaaaaaaaaaay back when in 2007(yeah, started that series really late) Skeith was pretty freaky to me, but what was even worse was seeing Cubia afterwards...I almost didn't want to play Mutation. :(
I started it about a year later, iirc :P (I got .hack//G.U. Volume 1 as a Christmas present in 2008. Ended up staying up all night playing it... yeah, not going to go any further on that subject.)

Skeith only really scares me because he's been the only Phase so far to give me a game over... of course, that was partially my own fault. Someone like ME taking on the hardest boss in the game at level 28? Yeah...
rockman0

Re:

Post by rockman0 »

I kind of jump everytime the screen inverts while I'm in a protected area.

I also freaked out the first time I got a Game Over because I thought I would have to start over from the beginning.

Oh, and when I was watching the Liminality OVA Part 1, the music tone that Mai heard made my heart race. I don't know why, but it scare me a bit. I was also eating Chinese at the time so...
CirilloPrimo

Post by CirilloPrimo »

Back when I first played Infection in 2004-05 ish, I spammed the data drain to get cool items in the beginning of the game and when it was in the red I got sick (like barfing and having to take antibiotics for it sick) for about a week and thought it was cause of that game lol
DoctorN

Post by DoctorN »

I learned their pattern, all you have to do is make sure they arent in sight of another enemy or data drain them (for both scenerios, requires multiple menhir).
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Umm, that's all well and good but, what does that have to do with this topic?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Considering the last post in the last page before this in this topic, and the kind of post DoctorN made, i'd like to believe it was meant to reply that one last post about the reviving monster thingies.

This one:
emptyazureskies wrote:i know the aliens were worse in my eyes after realizing how much of a pain the aliens were i was over prepared on guardians...

its true use staccatto on a ressurecting monster while blackrose uses ani drive or something she kills the first ressurecting and your staccatto stuns the other so it can't use rip maen to bring it back and when the one blackrose killed turns into a treasure chest it can not be revived... it takes a while to get the timing down but it does work
Sometimes it has happened to me that i reply the last post i see in a topic page...and it's until after i post my reply that i realize there were like 1/3/10 other pages after that post, usually including the things i said in my reply and with the topic already moved into another different discussion, and so turning the topic into a mess with the post i made D8 lol
emptyazureskies

Post by emptyazureskies »

DoctorN wrote:I learned their pattern, all you have to do is make sure they arent in sight of another enemy or data drain them (for both scenerios, requires multiple menhir).
yeah its a little hard to get that down as well they turn on a dime and usually attack in a triangle pattern and may not seperate to kill one by one...stunning one then killing the rest is usually easier kinda depends on dungeon/ field layout

i'm on outbreak on my ps3 save.... should beat enchanted arms first
Animango
Location: Iowa. And yes, it IS part of America; and no, it is NOT part of Canada.

Post by Animango »

I'm playing the games again, and I HATE going to the Earth fields only to be overrun by Darkness monsters. I start freaking out, thinking over and over that I wasn't prepared for Darkness monsters and how the next battle I'm going to run out of stuff. Oh, well, maybe one of these times I'll learn! :D I love getting so into these games. They're one of a very few that actually draw me in completely.
rockman0

Post by rockman0 »

Last night when I finally beat Skeith,  cubia appeared and I was like, I hope I don't have to fight him! I was pretty scared out of my mind.