The "I beat Volume 1!" Thread.

Red Frost

Post by Red Frost »

Oh my god, I love it. I took over 40 hours, because I tend to watch TV, and try to take my time. I honestly thought Alkaid was tougher than Endrance. Alkaid was cheated! I am outraged! Oh well...

There are games I like,
There are game series I love,
And, there are games series that can move you in such a way.
My list includes: Silent Hill, Kingdom Hearts, ...and Dot Hack.
Ryazaki

Post by Ryazaki »

..It felt way too short..I beat it too soon..All that's left is for me to get the rest of the best gear, and I'm done completely.
Yusuke3001

Post by Yusuke3001 »

I beat it in 4 days (got it on Wednesday and beat it Saturday, I used the "go to the area about 6 levels above me and kill all the monsters" method I used in the previous games (Note: I don't suggest it for this game unless you like using items to recover to stop from waiting to regain your SP). It's hard to believe that I managed level 50 so quickly, I'm hoping that they allow us to get to the level Haseo was at when he was the Terror of Death, or better yet, beyond that *starts drooling of the thought of being a PKK then stops since he's been PKKing the blacklist guys*
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

You should be. You reach level 100 in volume 2, so by all logic, you should hit 150 in volume 3, and Haseo was level 133 when he was the Terror of Death.
Hrothgur
Location: tyria, cantha, or elona. at all times fighting monsters or trading mini pets.

Post by Hrothgur »

hmmm when ever atoli or somebody ran out of SP i would just go play piano for a bit. it worked! got my dothack and piano in at the same time!!!!

i was level 44 and almost didnt beat the azure flame god. one more hit and i'da been jellied toast!
Bryce_P

Post by Bryce_P »

number one, great Beowulf reference Hrothgar
numberf two, i lost to him twice before understanding the importance of stunning....now i'm trying to max out my book of 1000
Akuri

Post by Akuri »

21 hours and i was 47 by the end of the game
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Finally beat the game and was satified. Though I lost the first time when I fought Tri-edge and almost lost when I was fighting the Azura Flame God. XD

However when I fought the final boss again at the terminal at Raven I didn't have as much trouble as I did when I fought him before I beat the game.
Bulletcatcher
Child of the Shadows
Child of the Shadows

Post by Bulletcatcher »

Cless wrote:Finally beat the game and was satified. Though I lost the first time when I fought Tri-edge and almost lost when I was fighting the Azura Flame God. XD

However when I fought the final boss again at the terminal at Raven I didn't have as much trouble as I did when I fought him before I beat the game.
Same here! Probably because you are either used to it or you are higher level than you were when you fought him the first time.
BlindSean

Post by BlindSean »

i beat the game in 19 hours at lvl 43 and found it to be a little too easy, i dont know i guess i was expecting it to be harder for some reason, but it was still a great game, loved it.
orionpax22

Post by orionpax22 »

i thought it was a very tough boss, even though i think En was harder with his charm attack and his glowieness.
VideoSpud
The Unnoticed Riddler
The Unnoticed Riddler

Post by VideoSpud »

I beat the game at 12 hours, 45 minutes, and 30 seconds, and I was Lvl. 50 when I beat it. I almost died battling AFG, but Tri-Edge was a breeze. He only damaged me 2 times, and that was only a little.
Bulletcatcher
Child of the Shadows
Child of the Shadows

Post by Bulletcatcher »

orionpax22 wrote:i thought it was a very tough boss, even though i think En was harder with his charm attack and his glowieness.
At level 50, I got En to half health with a single hit... I was surprised.
The Observer

Post by The Observer »

I beat it today in 22 hours at level 50. I'm trying to get all the characters at 50 now.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

42:53:02

All charaters (including atoli) level 50: Complete

All Ryu books level 3: Complete

AIDA simulator: Complete

Pissing myself off because I bought a game that seemed too short: Priceless
catra

Post by catra »

Just Completed All the Quests For my Guy Check My Sig picture To See My Ending Stats are for my Character
Israfel777

Post by Israfel777 »

21:09:56 was my time. Well, that's not including the non-completed stuff. I'm gonna start again and see how I fair this time. Coincidentally, I'm not going to search for any new info on the other two volumes because sadly, my expectations right now is quite low.

At least I'll be getting lots of GP and items for the next installment. That reminds me, since I'm now in that Level Limit, where you can't exceed level 50, does any of the experience points get added once you start the next one, or is it a hopeless cause to keep defeating monsters?
Bulletcatcher
Child of the Shadows
Child of the Shadows

Post by Bulletcatcher »

Israfel777 wrote:21:09:56 was my time. Well, that's not including the non-completed stuff. I'm gonna start again and see how I fair this time. Coincidentally, I'm not going to search for any new info on the other two volumes because sadly, my expectations right now is quite low.

At least I'll be getting lots of GP and items for the next installment. That reminds me, since I'm now in that Level Limit, where you can't exceed level 50, does any of the experience points get added once you start the next one, or is it a hopeless cause to keep defeating monsters?
I don't think there will be carry overs. You can complete the Book of
Ryu section for monsters though.
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

I beat the game around two days ago and just today I finally completed everything. Well now all I want to do is collect some of the Skill books since I lost Atoli before I could max out her weapon level. Which is kind of disappointing to me in a way.

There is a possibility that I will restart the game just for fun and try to beat it with lower levels to make it more difficult. For some reason it felt a to short but then again I might just be anxious waiting for the second volume.
Red Frost

Post by Red Frost »

I don't want to max out my levels because I like starting off kinda weak. But, chances are I'll restart the game some time before the 2nd one comes out... just because it kicks ass. So... what is the final unlockable movie about? I think it's number 28. I know it's the one after the Vol 2 preview movie...