Zelfie?

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

CRtwenty

Post by CRtwenty »

XXXX is non-canon though. I mean if you think BlackRose Vs. Skeith is bad... Kite isn't even present for the fight against Innis in XXXX.
VideoSpud
The Unnoticed Riddler
The Unnoticed Riddler

Post by VideoSpud »

That's f***ed up, how would they defeat Innis then? Would they battle it like they battled Corbenick?!
CRtwenty

Post by CRtwenty »

They don't fight it...

Cubia does

The fight against Magus is also different. There is no mention of Net Slum at all. Kite and Elk are just kind of walking around in a field when suddenly BOOM! Magus just pops out of nowhere and attacks um.
VideoSpud
The Unnoticed Riddler
The Unnoticed Riddler

Post by VideoSpud »

That is f***ed up, too! I mean, Cubia isn't even a Protection Program! Why would he fight a Phase?! That is messed up, because it seems that TokyoPop always messes things up. A lot.
CRtwenty

Post by CRtwenty »

What does Tokyopop have to do with XXXX?
VideoSpud
The Unnoticed Riddler
The Unnoticed Riddler

Post by VideoSpud »

They didn't make XXXX? Who did?
CRtwenty

Post by CRtwenty »

Tokyopop doesn't make any manga. They just translate.

XXXX is written and drawn by Megane Kikuya I think. Anyway this is totally off topic from the original subject. If you have any more questions about XXXX feel free to PM me.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Has anyone noticed (now that we've all read .hack//AI Buster) that Zefie, has a flashback of a memory of Alberio.... while she's Zefie, and says "Are you... going to delete me again?" Though we know she's not the incarnation of Lycoris, because a fragment of Lycoris is encountered as well. Any explanation to how Zefie can "remember" Alberio?
CRtwenty

Post by CRtwenty »

Zefie seems to be based off of Lycoris. Likely Aura took the remnants of Lycoris's data, and reformed them into Zefie. The piece that they found in Net Slum was probably something that Aura missed.

I mean, Net Slum is seperate from The World, so Aura's powers as the Ultimate A.I. probably don't function in it.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Never thought about it that way, and if I do remember right, doesn't the fragment say "Are you looking for the end?" Like all usually broken AI"s do?
CRtwenty

Post by CRtwenty »

The scene in question:
Zefie suddenly notices Lycoris and stares at her.
Shugo: Zefie?
Mireille: Another lost girl? That girl looks a bit like Zefie.
Zefie runs towards Lycoris.
Shugo: Zefie? Wait! Wait up!
Zefie reaches Lycoris, they stare at each other.
Zefie: ..... You...
Lycoris: ... Are you looking for the end?
Zefie: ...?
Shugo finally reaches Zefie.
Shugo: I finally caught up...
Lycoris: The end... may not come in the way you expect. Even so, do you still want to find The End?
Shugo: ...
Zefie: ...
Shugo: We do. No matter what type of an ending it might be we will accept it.
Lycoris smiles.
Lycoris: I hope your ending will be kind to you.
Zefie reaches out and touches Lycoris.
Zefie: ... Good Night...
Lycoris is deleted, a single Lycoris flower falls to the ground showering petals into the air. Zefie reaches down to pick it up.
Rena: Shugo!
Mireille: What's going on?!
Shugo: Flower petals? Was that girl another Vagrant AI?
Zefie: Yep, she was a forgotten piece of some very old data. Seems like there are many remnants in the Net Slums.
An interesting observation, but Zefie picks up the Lycoris flower and carries it with her. She be be seen holding it in later panels, and eventually sticks it into a pocket in her robe.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Isn't there also a picture of Aura holding the flower? I believe it's in one of the last pages. I always liked that "family" connection that they gave to Lycoris, the mother and daughter. Even at the time Lycoris was an unknown character, to us American reader's anyway.
CRtwenty

Post by CRtwenty »

~looks~

Yeah, she's holding it in the final page of the last chapter (before the omake material) it has her and Aura waving with the word "Bye Bye" at the top.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

A very memorable scene, after you've finished reading AI Buster.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

That is f***ed up, too! I mean, Cubia isn't even a Protection Program! Why would he fight a Phase?! That is messed up, because it seems that TokyoPop always messes things up. A lot.
Well, just because he's not a Protection Program doesn't mean he can't fight the Phases. According to the Protect Program theory, he'd be working for the Phases anyway. Besides, it's a retelling of the story. Don't get your panties in a knot :P
Zefie seems to be based off of Lycoris. Likely Aura took the remnants of Lycoris's data, and reformed them into Zefie. The piece that they found in Net Slum was probably something that Aura missed.

I mean, Net Slum is seperate from The World, so Aura's powers as the Ultimate A.I. probably don't function in it.
For the record, the Terminal Disc says that ALL the Internet relies on Aura, since the World and the Internet are seamlessly bound due to Altimit OS. My theory has been that (since Aura made Zefie to do a couple jobs for her, mostly screwing with people's heads) Zefie was programmed to look like Lycoris and to subconsciously read the Wotan Spear's data outloud (etaf.cyl)
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Wha? So Aura?... don't tell me... I'll find out when it comes to America. So that's why she asks, "Are you going to dlete me again?" But still wasn't the etaf.cyl's purpose to give Lycoris her own choice of life? (or death)
CRtwenty

Post by CRtwenty »

It was... until she gave it to Albireo.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Right... I forgot about that, she hid the final fragment of herself in the "Spear of Wotan", is that right?
Kefkaownsall

Re:

Post by Kefkaownsall »

AuraTwilight wrote:Seriously, I hate Tokyopop. 100% Authentic manga my pasty asian ass. I'm not even going to buy Another Birth because of this ridiculous shittiness.
Tell me about it, they kept using me when they should use I. Plus the physical cover design sucks. All of my manga from them is in crappy condition.