Zelfie?

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Typo. Tokyopop makes lots of them.
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

AuraTwilight wrote:Typo. Tokyopop makes lots of them.
AI buster-Ryos instead of leos.(misspelt probbably by even me)

I just refer to zelfie with the 'L' and if someone say's zefie, i know who it is.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

There's also the issue of Mireille getting mixed up with Bridgit

or the complete botching of Rumor's third person speech "Rumor has it, Rumor says..." which was sheer awesome.

and the whole Morganna Mode Gone = AI Harald thing

and the Orca=Ouka fiasco

and Shugo=Shuga. What the hell?

The list goes on and on and on.
Kay

Post by Kay »

lol i thought those typos were shoved in thier to sort of test us becuase if you pay attention in AIBuster 2, she's complaining becuase noone appreciates how hard translators work on stories:
If a story is a success, its the author's doing; but if its a failure the blame rests on the translator.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, I found that ironic. I emailed them to ask if this was the case, but they were surprised by the existence of the typoes. HA! losers.
deity

Post by deity »

I read AI buster and found alot of typos. Its like you said "ironic" because they talk about mediocre translators, and the translations are pretty dodgy in some areas. Also i noticed that the manga is relatively different in some areas to the 3 Vol DVD
Kite the dot hacker

Post by Kite the dot hacker »

well, actually those diferences between the manga and the anime were intentional
for example, in the manga sanjuro never appears such as the group of kids that want to mess with shugo
basically the plot is the same, but there are some intentional changes
Shinsou Wotan

Post by Shinsou Wotan »

Kite the dot hacker wrote:basically the plot is the same, but there are some intentional changes
The plot starts off mostly the same (though with a few significant differences), but diverges rapidly. The divergence becomes total around the start of Volume 2 of the manga.
Cellos-CBK

Post by Cellos-CBK »

Karma wrote:
Devoid of Heart wrote:I'm so disgusted with all of the typos they make.
You don't suppose typos are the cause of the many spellings of W. B. "Yates", is it? I've read so many other ways to spell that name that I'm not quite sure which it is.
That is an interesting Find maybe the L was a typo though They are hand drawn aren’t they. Or maybe it's a translation error.
Osamu

Post by Osamu »

yeah i saw, I white-outed the "L"
Reon

Post by Reon »

Also, you look at the back of VOL 2. , it's spelt "Reina", but throughout Shugo and the others say "Rena".
Confusing? A bit
Funny? A lot
Rare Item

Post by Rare Item »

In the manga, the manga-ka's name is Rei Izumi, which I think correct, and in AI buster Rei Idumi.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

This has been discussed and apparently she (Rei Idumi) requested for this to be done.
Aera

Post by Aera »

AuraTwilight wrote:There's also the issue of Mireille getting mixed up with Bridgit

or the complete botching of Rumor's third person speech "Rumor has it, Rumor says..." which was sheer awesome.

and the whole Morganna Mode Gone = AI Harald thing

and the Orca=Ouka fiasco

and Shugo=Shuga. What the hell?

The list goes on and on and on.
lmao, that made me laugh like a mother.
CRtwenty

Post by CRtwenty »

The Izumi/Idumi thing was intentional. Rei Idumi actually requested that her name be spelled with a D. One of the Tokyopop translators mentioned it on their forum.

As for the others...
Yeah, Tokyopop is really bad with Typos.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Seriously, I hate Tokyopop. 100% Authentic manga my pasty asian ass. I'm not even going to buy Another Birth because of this ridiculous shittiness.
CRtwenty

Post by CRtwenty »

Heh... don't get me started on Another Birth... the errors there are huge! I mean he freaking switched Kite and BlackRose's dialogue in two-three places!

I'm sorry, but Kite does not go off on BlackRose for staring at him, not does BlackRose kill the Goblin in the Cathedral while Kite fumbles with the controls.
VideoSpud
The Unnoticed Riddler
The Unnoticed Riddler

Post by VideoSpud »

CRtwenty wrote:Heh... don't get me started on Another Birth... the errors there are huge! I mean he freaking switched Kite and BlackRose's dialogue in two-three places!

I'm sorry, but Kite does not go off on BlackRose for staring at him, not does BlackRose kill the Goblin in the Cathedral while Kite fumbles with the controls.
The writers suck in a lot of places, especially when they change the whole storyline of the games around! I mean, WTF?! BlackRose fighting Skeith instead of Kite? WTF?! Like I said, they suck in a lot of places, but if you want a real manga that focuses on the true storyline of the games, get .Hack//XXXX, it's a really good manga that tells the story of the games in Manga-Style! :)
CRtwenty

Post by CRtwenty »

XXXX is non-canon though. I mean if you think BlackRose Vs. Skeith is bad... Kite isn't even present for the fight against Innis in XXXX.
VideoSpud
The Unnoticed Riddler
The Unnoticed Riddler

Post by VideoSpud »

That's f***ed up, how would they defeat Innis then? Would they battle it like they battled Corbenick?!