Avatar And Signature Rating Topic

Post original art and .hack fanart here. Submit fanart to fanart@dothackers.net

Moderator: Moderators

TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Avatar And Signature Rating Topic

Post by TheSorrow »

Just as a clarification, the "rules" of this topic are to rate the Avatar and Signature of the person who last posted. Sure, it's all nice to thank people and give details and even have a little conversation...but it would be best preferred to do what while still following the rules of this topic ;P

That said...
Avy: 9/10
Siggy: 9/10

Nice avatar, i see you changed it and it's such a nice Tabby artwork, and despite what you think, your signature is actually very nice looking and very fitting even if all you did was to cut an image, blur it and add a name. You know, you don't have to know much or be all Photoshop-pro to make good art...all you need is a good idea and good intentions to represent it. And you represented this one awesomely-well without doing much :P
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

You don't seriously need me to give you 20/20 again, do you Sorrow?
Postan' to breathe life into this topic.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Signature: 9.5/10

I find the theme interesting and the font kind of cool.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Avy: 8.5/10
Siggy: 7/10

Not much to say about it...two characters with a red background that kinda looks like blood in certain eyes. The characters in the avy are just there and there's nothing else to say about it...but it doesn't look bad so it doesn't get a bad rating either.
The sig, however, is poor. The very same image, but simply flipped to make it twice as big, and "stretched" to occupy even more space, a stretching that is so obvious and looks very deformed when compared to the avy. And there's also text added which includes hearts and thazzit. I can't give more than 7 to that D:
Zeroke

Post by Zeroke »

Avatar: 9/10 Not much of a fan of block art, but I think it's still hilarious. Makes me wonder what he's thinking
Sig: 10/10 Always a big fan of epic quotes

Nice to see you again, Sorrow. Haven't been here for awhile, due to breaking my back and burning in the hot sun trying to find a job.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

Avi: 10/10 - I feel that it fits quite nicely with the boards themselves, making it pleasurable to look at overall.
Sig: 6/10 - I never did like screenshot signatures. IMHO you'd do a lot better by trying to match the colour scheme of your current avatar to your sig.

That must suck. I hope you're feeling better.
Being sick won't get you favour as far as ratings are concerned, however.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Hey there Zeroke!!! :D
That's too bad, to hear life isn't shining upon you. But hopefully things will get better for you soon. Just hang in there!! c:

Now let's rate o3o

Avy: 10/10
Siggy: 10/10
Z.O.E. combo: +5

The avy is just perfect. Nice image, nice text, nice effects (yes i'm counting that shadow-glow thing and those little lines over the image as "effects"), and overall great to look at. Can't give it another rating.
And the siggy is the perfect corresponding version of the avy. Though you know, i was about to give it like 9.9/10 or so because the black text over that other image didn't convince me much. But then i paid attention to the text and how it was a link to a Z.O.E. theme and it completely convinced me to give that missing point, as well as to add the combo part.
I'm not a fan of Z.O.E., as many people should know (and not for not liking, but for not playing it XD might change soon with that one pack), but at least i recognize a great song when i listen to it. And i'd most likely be fangirling at your avy/sig if i really were a Z.O.E. fan so yeah.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

@Sorrow- The picture I found already had the effects, and I thought they were glorious, so I decided to work with them -3-

I do feel that the way I laid out the text on the Sig was a bit off.
I should probably have expanded the sig slightly and put it in the central white patch.

I'll probably get on to doing that right now, actually...

As for your current set;
Avi: 10/10 simply because I love the comic, and I feel that the avi suits you well.
Siggie: 10/10 for the glorious photoshop effects. I'd lower it by one because the writing's kind of hard to see, but the way you've bordered the image with the text works as a nice contrast to the image itself. Also, despite the fact that the writing is hard to see, the colour and the font work well with the 'theme' of the sig.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

awright now, so:
nk: i like your avi and siggy and stuff but... i didn't liked so much Z.O.E., altough, good combo 10 over 10 for both of'em}

oh BTW sorrow, i just brought assasin's creed 2 and brotherhood(PC, sorry D:), i'll play them next week, so, have any tips?, i also brough Prince of Persia: Prodigy for PC too :3
Patolea
Air Force Cadet
Air Force Cadet

Post by Patolea »

av:9/10 not 10 just because of the back image quality. very clean and simple and I like it.
sign:8/10 I really love persona and my dream is to marry Mitsuru but I honestly hate big signs, so I give you a 8. The thanatos in the bottom is really cool!
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Avi/siggy: 10 i give you 10 to both becuz i just like combos, and i luv a lot of things in the signatures
Kim_Hyral

Post by Kim_Hyral »

Patolea wrote: sign:8/10 I really love persona and my dream is to marry Mitsuru
Good luck with that xD
Well, by talking about dreams, My dream is only one:
 MARRY AURA!!!!

Oh yeah! I have a little symdrome about her name so please don't speak her name in the board ;)
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

you're supposed to rate the avatar and signature of the one that posted before you....

BTW: AURA
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Signature: 7/10

I don't quite get the combo, since it seems like you're making a blood combo maybe?
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Yup!, exactly, altough i just changed my avi and siggy :P, well, i can only give it a 10/10 to all just becuz i liked the work, i don't think it's a combo, but i liek it just becuz i think they're cool
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

@helba, i give it a 10/10 to the avi and a 9/10 to the siggy, it seems like an extended version of the avatar, and i like it but, i don't like so much how it ended up, although i like the woman lol