Balmungs death? perhaps? ending of .hack//undeden

Discuss the second anime series: .hack//legend of the twilight and .hack//legend of the twilight manga

Moderator: Moderators

cloud811

Balmungs death? perhaps? ending of .hack//undeden

Post by cloud811 »

kk I'm confused here, we all know the new .Hack//G.U game is coming out about the PKers called "Tri edge" who has teh crazy data drain braclets right? and he can data drain people...etc, moving onto the point. At the end of the .Hack//DUSK manga is showers somebody who looks like Balmung defeated...which im SURE it's Balmung. Feathers on the ground....same armor....hair....etc. Since only Balmung should have Wings like that from One Sin anyways i doubt its a look alike. He's defeated by a man who looks like Kite, but he relizes its not. After all you see if this evil looking eye from the kite look alike and says "Data Drain" and according to Hack//G.U they can no longer re-enter the game thoughs who have been deafeted. Does that mean our Hero Balmung is gone?! defeated!? deleted!? NOOOOOO SOMEBODY CLEAR IT UP
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

we don't know yet. as far as anyone know's that was a small little teaser to set the reader's up for G.U. and tri-edge.

also, it's not a good idea to say that people are dead. i for one don't like that, and will need subsquent proof before i can believe it.

and as far as his charicter data, it's a new world with new avatar's and apparently an entirely new cast, so don't get your hope's up for balmung.

you know i didn't even realise what that was until i came to this site. i honestly was unaware of what the heck was going on.

and beside's balmung has been in about every thing up until know, so i say give us a new person, only not as noble or lame as balmung. :twisted:

and i'm only answering your question so i'm sorry if your offended by this post.
rhyste

Post by rhyste »

Those were joke/side/omake scribbles by Izumi Rei. When the GU stuff was announced, someone made a comment like "Rei, your joke is becoming reality!"
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

we all got a huge laugh out of it,eh! :twisted:
Kaoshima

Post by Kaoshima »

It wasn't by Rei Izumi, it doesn't even look like her style, they're teasers for .hack//G.U. drawn by Piroshi Matsuyama, the CEO of CyberConnect 2. he even sticks in stuff like "thanks for the hard work Izumi-san!" at bottom of them.
Aera

Post by Aera »

It's not by Rei Izumi.

No one knows for sure if Balmung died. As of now, he's living. But in personal opinion, it looks like a definite GU Teaser. Because if you go to the site and watch the trailer for .hack//GU, the bit where Kite comes out at the Church all badass, he looks similar to the image of Badass-Kite-In-Back-Of-Manga
Apple

Post by Apple »

i just think it was a joke-come true =)
Last edited by Apple on Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate

Post by SnowManZero »

Apple wrote:imo, i dont think it was for G.U since why would you think about a new project after u JUST finished a previous one?!?!
*sound's of slapping*dumb qoute.

you have to think about the future if this is one of your main buisnesses.

it's like school thinking about what they're going to do for the next subject

*continue's to slap*
Apple

Post by Apple »

SnowManZero wrote:
Apple wrote:imo, i dont think it was for G.U since why would you think about a new project after u JUST finished a previous one?!?!
*sound's of slapping*dumb qoute.

you have to think about the future if this is one of your main buisnesses.

it's like school thinking about what they're going to do for the next subject

*continue's to slap*
mhm thats what you think and thats what i think ^_^
Kaoshima

Post by Kaoshima »

Some game companies start planning for the next project before their current one is even finished...
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate

Post by SnowManZero »

seriously, why would you not think about the future. i mean project wise what's going to happen after you leave a job? you have to find work or have something set up.

it would be stupid to not do this.
Aera

Post by Aera »

SnowManZero wrote:seriously, why would you not think about the future. i mean project wise what's going to happen after you leave a job? you have to find work or have something set up.

it would be stupid to not do this.
Not to mention Quarantine had a Data Flag which possibly implied that there was a continuence. Not that I know for sure.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Quarantine data flag goes back to Infection to unlock a parody mode in the Japanese version and some lame sound test in the North American version.
Kay

Post by Kay »

If you guys pay a little more attention to manga 3 Then you'll notice it said they were "passing on the baton" as in they were going to make more .hack they were planning it already obviously. There was also something in there about future generations, and with a interview with the guy in charge of .hack he said that GU of .Hack//GU means Growing Up. Future generations? Growing Up? seems kinda funny to me.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

.HACK has always been planned as a massive multimedia project that would continue to have linking projects, (including Legend of the Twilight), and that they would all have purpose within the continuous storyline. Just because Kite saved the day in the games doesn't discredit or make Shugo into nothing but a throw away character. They aren't just trying to bring you into the world of the game, but also into the entire connected world that the characters live in. It's not another Microsoft (keep regurgitating it while it's hot) project made specifically to make money. It is like a series of novels, it has always had an ending and we (the fans) are merely making our way page by page, chapter by chapter. If you discredit or pass on any part of it then you'll never get the true experience. Here's a nice little quote to wrap up my ranting. ^_^

"Like a finger pointing away to the moon, DON'T concentrate on the finger, or you'll miss all that heavenly beauty."- Bruce Lee
Kite_2000
The Terror of Death
The Terror of Death

Post by Kite_2000 »

Well, G.U. can mean anything.

As the trailers imply:

Graceless Unison

Gathering of the Unwilling

Genesis of Unity

Gate of Uroboros

Guardians to an Uprising

Geek's Utopia (wtf 0_o)

Gatherers of the Unknown

So hey, Ive proved a point here.
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate

Post by SnowManZero »

no you haven't! :twisted:

you've just become microsoft(read Icarus post).

if you told us what you meant by the name's and how it refer's to G.U. as a future project, then we would understand you.
Kite_2000
The Terror of Death
The Terror of Death

Post by Kite_2000 »

Aw man, leave it to you to stuff up all my points that I try my hardest to clarify :P

Sheesh, are you proud? You have won aainst an 11 year old...
Kay

Post by Kay »

Kite_2000 wrote:Aw man, leave it to you to stuff up all my points that I try my hardest to clarify :P

Sheesh, are you proud? You have won aainst an 11 year old...
Well i'm 17 and my information gathering skills aren't as advanced as they can be and all i did was read an interview with some Japanese guy in charge of .hack (Don't remember the name) in a gaming magazine and he said that G.U. = Growing Up. I know someone would try to prove me wrong but i got my facts from the source not just a geuss. Sorry if this seems rude by the way.
Kite_2000
The Terror of Death
The Terror of Death

Post by Kite_2000 »

Personally, I think 'growing up' is a kind of...Light titile. In my opinion, I think it should be something more...Sophisticated >.>