Question about Morgana.

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

Jakster wrote: but isnt morganna still alive after aura wakes up? after all she sends skeith after them and she is only deleted i think in the episode unison....
She was eliminated in Quarantine actually.

And yes, Lycoris was a failed attempt at making Aura.
turtlestooth

Post by turtlestooth »

Jakster wrote: but isnt morganna still alive after aura wakes up? after all she sends skeith after them and she is only deleted i think in the episode unison....
the reason morgana is still alive is becasue when Aura is born she is suposed ot data drain her(unwrite her programing). Morgana rewrote/edited her own and Aura's programming removign her own "maternal" sense for Aura (this editing is why she is an unstable program) and removing Aura's ability to data drain. Aura trys to give this ability to Orca with the Book from the beginign of the first game but Skeith kills Orca so she gives it to Kite instead.
At least thats what i read somewhere. it might have been wikipedia. not sure. im ognan subscribe to this forum cause if im worng i want to read peoples corrections.
Nukie

Post by Nukie »

milliennium_fox wrote:
She was eliminated in Quarantine actually.

And yes, Lycoris was a failed attempt at making Aura.
Well,  Balmung says something along the lines of "She was reborn...both her and Morganna," leading some to believe that Morganna just rebooted or something.

I don't know either way, just putting that out there.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Balmung says something along the lines of "She was reborn...both her and Morganna," leading some to believe that Morganna just rebooted or something.
Well in actually, and this has been confirmed, is that Aura simply absorbed Morganna into herself. The two of them fused, but Morganna is no longer an entity with distinct existence. There's only Aura, but with all of Morganna's power, authority, and such.
Nukie

Post by Nukie »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Balmung says something along the lines of "She was reborn...both her and Morganna," leading some to believe that Morganna just rebooted or something.
Well in actually, and this has been confirmed, is that Aura simply absorbed Morganna into herself. The two of them fused, but Morganna is no longer an entity with distinct existence. There's only Aura, but with all of Morganna's power, authority, and such.
Makes sense. Balmung should have shut his pie hole.
Tylec

Post by Tylec »

Jakster wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:She's contradicting herself because she's supposed to be creating Aura, but when Aura is completed, she will die, and she doesn't want that to happen. So she's trying to keep Aura from waking up. Contradiction.
 but isnt morganna still alive after aura wakes up? after all she sends skeith after them and she is only deleted i think in the episode unison...then again i could be wrong (i only just beat .hack//mutation this morning... but i have seen all of .hack//sign all of .hack//LoTt (and the manga) and read AI Buster.)
 I'm guessing that Aura was woken/activated, but she hadn't yet collected sufficient human data to be considered "complete", so Morganna gets to keep operating for a while.

Regarding the connection between Aura and Tsukasa where he affects her emotinal development, does that make him a Phase?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm guessing that Aura was woken/activated, but she hadn't yet collected sufficient human data to be considered "complete", so Morganna gets to keep operating for a while.
Well, if that was the case, it would simply be Aura's responsibility to collect the data on her own through ordinary experiences, like in Udeden.
Regarding the connection between Aura and Tsukasa where he affects her emotinal development, does that make him a Phase?
Heh, that's great. But a Phase is defined as a computer program that collects data for Aura via Data Drain. Plus they must also be named after a Phase from the Epitaph. I can see it now. "Tsukasa, the Gender-confused Emo, warping across the fields with the Guardian of Twilight."

But seriously, Aura was supposed to collect data through ordinary experiences and/or monitoring humans along with the Phases, which only collected negative data to begin with. The AI Harold seemed to imply that his intentions were always to have a human directly funnel positive emotions into Aura like Tsukasa did. The comatose thing was just a tweak in the plan by Morganna to counteract Aura.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

One thing I had wondered about Morganna, did she lose substantial power after Aura, "awoke" in .hack//Sign, I mean, she has no voice in the games and her interference is minimum, before she herself comes as Corbinek. As well what exactly did Sora do to "betray" Morganna, besides saying he was going to betray her? As wll in the sonbg Aura, there's a bit of an enigmatic, wording,

"The sun is in your eyes, the sun is in your ears, I hope you can see the sun, someday in the darkness. The sun is in your eyes, the sun is in your ears, but you can't see the sun ever in the darkness, it does not much matter to me..."

If the words are to portray Morganna's feelings for Tsukasa, why would there be such two contradicting statements as "You will cry alone , but it does not mean a thing to me." and the verse ablve? Any answwers to these questions would be appreciated.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

One thing I had wondered about Morganna, did she lose substantial power after Aura, "awoke" in .hack//Sign, I mean, she has no voice in the games and her interference is minimum, before she herself comes as Corbinek. As well what exactly did Sora do to "betray" Morganna, besides saying he was going to betray her? As wll in the sonbg Aura, there's a bit of an enigmatic, wording,
Morganna didn't really start losing her power. Her programming just dictated that her computing resources should be directed to operating the Phases and whatnot. Plus, she's only able to speak and act directly in the Black Box areas like where Aura sleeps and whatnot because her programming keeps her to a minimum interference with Game Balance. Also, Corbenic wasn't Morganna herself. It was the Final Phase, and nothing more. All of the Phases were equally representive of her (except maybe Macha) and she was defeated not because of Corbenic's demise, but because of all the Phases as a Wave.

Also, it's entirely in Morganna's character to punish Sora BEFORE he does something to betray her. Since he admitted he was going to, why let him run around when he could do something critically damaging to her plans?
"The sun is in your eyes, the sun is in your ears, I hope you can see the sun, someday in the darkness. The sun is in your eyes, the sun is in your ears, but you can't see the sun ever in the darkness, it does not much matter to me..."

If the words are to portray Morganna's feelings for Tsukasa, why would there be such two contradicting statements as "You will cry alone , but it does not mean a thing to me." and the verse ablve? Any answwers to these questions would be appreciated.
I once did an analysis of that song. Morganna is manipulating Tsukasa, tipsy-turveying him from happiness and depression to keep Aura from awakening. When he gets happy, she makes him sad and vice versa.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Ah, I see, thanks for the info. I guess you're right, it is in her character to punish Sora, though. Sorry for the dumb questions.
milliennium_fox

AuraTwilight wrote: Also, Corbenic wasn't Morganna herself. It was the Final Phase, and nothing more.
I don't know about that. Corbenik's final form wasn't like the first two. I can't remember exactly, but didn't it use Drain Heart as well?
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

yep. after you defeat him for good, he use's drain heart and get's everyone except kite

how do i know that so specific,you ask?

I JUST BEAT HIS ASS DOWN! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: *does dance and is happy as anything :twisted: *

hey, when do they find out that morganna's name is morganna?

REPRHASE:when did they find out who morganna was?
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

If I remember correctly there were two Morganna's the one that was to carry out it's mission of waking Aura and, Morganna Mode Gone, hinting towards, a loss of a vital piece of her, (losing the maternal feelings for Aura?)

Come to think of it the phases were no more then backdrops in the ame, the only phase with a story was good ol' Skeith, Innis was a wall. Magus's purpose was done quite well! Fidchells "prophecy" came true, for the most part. Gorre... what was the deal with him. Oh yes I almost forgot the most reoccuring phase person... Thing, Macha, the Seductress, it's been hinted (somewhere else I don't rememeber) that as she is suppposed to convey the feeling of love, perhaps she became attached to the "experiment's" she was to take the emotion from. Tarvos... The avenger? Not that difficult, pretty.... Worthless in the story, one of the coolest looking phases though! Then Corbinek the Rebirth, the one who was supposed to reset the world...

All right some were very important, though some of them... weren't? They'll defenitely be given a character whatever the case in G.U.

As well they never called her Morganna in Sign, but in AI Buster and the games, it becomes obvious she is the omniscient being of "The World."
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

yeah but when do they find out her name?
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Who is "they" that you refer to? Balmung tells Kite in the games about the unknown force calling it Morganna Mode Gone. Though in .hack//Sign her name is never revealed except in the credits.l
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I don't know about that. Corbenik's final form wasn't like the first two. I can't remember exactly, but didn't it use Drain Heart as well?
So it had a third form that looked different. So what? All the Phases look surreal and indifferent. Morganna manifesting herself fully in Corbenic is like the Planet Earth manifesting itself fully within a peanut. It doesn't work. Just because it used Drain Heart doesn't mean a thing.
If I remember correctly there were two Morganna's the one that was to carry out it's mission of waking Aura and, Morganna Mode Gone, hinting towards, a loss of a vital piece of her, (losing the maternal feelings for Aura?)
It's the same Morganna. She decided she just wasn't going to be Aura's nanny anymore. She's basically a Rampant AI.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

It was just all those eyes they were a bit intimidating made me think if Morganna could manifet into a form, that would be it.... But there's no prrof behind the allegations so I'll drop it.
milliennium_fox

Perhaps not necessarily manifesting herself in it, but aiding it in some way. Drain Heart wasn't the only odd thing about it. It also had an invincible shield that was only broken when Aura helped out.

One way or another, it definately stands out amongst the other Phases.
Apple

Post by Apple »

imo, i think Margonna is just having a bad case of pms. and she REALLY wanna get rid of her daughter =/
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Perhaps not necessarily manifesting herself in it, but aiding it in some way. Drain Heart wasn't the only odd thing about it. It also had an invincible shield that was only broken when Aura helped out.
Hence why it needed to be Data Drained