New .hack anime announced

Häschen

Post by Häschen »

.Proj.ectS. wrote:I was very dissapointed in .hack//The Legend of the Twilight Bracelet the animated version but the manga rules! It would have been sweet though to see the manga version animated.
Not only did they butcher the story, but the music is composed of la la la la la and do do do do do. I know I just said this in another thread, but it bares repeating. The new anime better go back to .hack//sign's style or create a new style cause I'm not gonna put up with .hack//legend of the twilight again. If that give me that bull again, Bandai is getting some very angry letters!
adamgnome

Post by adamgnome »

Hmm. I hope they don't do it like Udeden, meaning they don't base it directly off of the games. You know, what happens in GU only animated.

I hope they do something like sign, a prologue with an interesting plot all on its own.

I hope it explains some things about Mia, or at least what happened to make the world so messed up. (Like Sign explains Aura before the games!)

:idea:
Häschen

Post by Häschen »

Mia has already been explained more than enough thanx to Kulaguy for pointing out what Souten posted. rofl Let me repost it!
Chapter 1: Maha

.hack//SIGN episode 0
Yes, there is a story element that isn't shown so I call it episode 0. Tsukasa logs into The World. He goes to a dungeon. He sees a cat which he can understand and she says she's called Maha. He is told to open a chest. When he opens it, he gets Data Drained by Morganna's power. He loses memories due to this and bingo, trapped in The World.

.hack//SIGN episode 1, Role Play
Tsukasa wakes up. He can't remember what happened but there is a scene of him being Data Drained when he tries to recall. Maha shows up and hugs a chest which when opened, a part of the Epitaph of Twilight comes out. Yes, it's a stone tablet which is part of the Epitaph. An Epitaph is a poem written on a grave stone.

I don't know exact episodes but basically here's history on Maha. There are 8 Phase, Morganna used Maha since her title is Temptress. She'll tempt Tsukasa. Morganna changes Maha's looks to be more cute so Tsukasa isn't scared away by her true form, Phase 6. He needs to stay in The World to wrap Aura with his negative thoughts of reality. Maha creates the Twilight Guardian. This Monster is special since inside it has a Twilight Bracelet. Yes, exactly like Kite's. The Bracelet's Data Drain is a little weaker then the Phases', this is because it's an extention from example, Aura and Maha. Maha's and other Phases' have a Data Drain that can put you in a coma. The Twilight Bracelet will only make you pass out with mild memory lose. Ginkan had this happen in this episode. Morganna's Data Drain of course is strongest, she used it on Tsukasa to trap him and erase his memory hense why they only comes back to him in small flashes.

To be short and to the point, Maha is working for Morganna. She obeys Morganna. When Tsukasa showed signs of wanting to go, he ended up being attacked by Maha and then Morganna herself. Morganna Data Drains him, almost ripping him apart. He couldn't move but tried after this. He ended up handing Maha a blade of grass though. She was confused since she was evil to him, yet here was a gift. Fact is, Tsukasa trusted Maha like his Mother, who died when he... she.. was little. Yes, Tsukasa is a girl in reality. Anyway, Maha rethinks it all and watches over Tsukasa. Morganna also made many attempts to destroy the grass he gave her.

.hack//SIGN episode 25, Catastrophe
Everyone is fighting one of the Guardians Morganna wrapped and controlled herself. This dark Guardian is called a Dawn Wanderer in the English. The Japanese best translates to Twilight Vagrant. They defeat it but three more come. Now, how to get rid of them for good? Defeat the source. Maha shows up and looks sad. She then lips something to Tsukasa after turning the blade of grass into Enokoro Kusa which means Foxtail Grass, Aromatic Grass in the English. She then blocked the Dawn Wanderers and they Data Drain her, thus deleting Maha and solving that problem.

.hack//Games...
Data is never totally erased. Maha's Data ends up floating to a random field where it reforms into a long ear cat. This being, seeing other Players on a field thinks she too is a Player due to her bad memory. This creature is called Mia. While wandering the field, she spots someone being attacked by many Monsters and saves him. This Wavemaster is Elk. Elk becomes her friend because she saved him and is shy about making other friends. She befriends him because deep down he reminds her of Tsukasa. This field they met in was full of Foxtail Grass, this also subconsciously reminds her of Tsukasa's kindness and so she collects it. This is why she loves it, it doesn't have Maha's Data. It's part of the enviroment of fields like rocks, builds...ect.

Long story short, her number starts coming up. The closer it is to her time, the more she gets warped since her Data is slowly being turned back into Phase 6's true form. Once Morganna needs her, Mia turns into the Fox Demon looking Monster known as Phase 6. Kite ends up defeating her but Mia's Data is freed. It also is damaged and so turns into light and floats away.

This Data floats to a random dungeon. It then turns back out of glitch into the Maha we know as the cute kitty from .hack//SIGN. Morganna realizes this directly after Kite defeats Phase 6. What does she do? First of all she can now re-make the Twilight Guardians. This is why you find them in those 4 special places. She also uses her power to warp the dungeon Maha's in, making it 15 floors deep and flowing it with Virus Bugs. She also sends a Dawn Wanderer to trap her and bring her back. Kite ends up going there and fighting the Dawn Wanderer. It then captures Maha inside and transforms into a Viral Guardian known as the Temptress Lover. When Kite defeats it Maha's free but damaged and ends up turning back into Mia. Mia is now free from Morganna's hold but she lost most of her memory, thus only recalling Elk and not Kite.

.hack//SIGN episode 28, Unison
Everyone meets in this episode. Tsukasa finally gives Mia back that special bit of Foxtail Grass. Mia cries but is unable to know why. She deep down remembers how kind Tsukasa was. This is basically it. No one knows what the future holds for Mia but that's her story so far.

Added note. History on Tsukasa's reality. She is a High Schooler named Ann Shoji. Her Mother died at an early age. Her Father was very mean to her. She was even so afraid of him that she stole a toothbush and training bra once from a store. She is very closed and none social due to her Mother dying. She later on meets Mariko Misono, Subaru, offline and they become a couple. Yes, a couple. Both girls, it's innocent ok? Anyway... Ann lives on her own now but is supported by Ryo Sakuma.. Bear.
Dragoon2044
Silent Assassin of the
Silent Assassin of the

Post by Dragoon2044 »

I don't think the anime was horrible at all. It was just something we were not expecting, especially from dot hack. Well I still enjoy both manga and the anime.:) So there! :twisted:
Atlas

Post by Atlas »

I wouldn't go so far as to say that the //DUSK anime was bad. It just went off on a wild tangent from the rest of the .hack universe, which stripped the series of its potential. Had it been in a setting other than the .hack universe, it might not have been so 'bad.'
Atlas

Post by Atlas »

...Forgive my ignorance, but we're not supposed to refer to it as .hack//DUSK? :|
Guardian Ubiquitous

Post by Guardian Ubiquitous »

kulaguy wrote:
Atlas wrote:I wouldn't go so far as to say that the //DUSK anime was bad. It just went off on a wild tangent from the rest of the .hack universe, which stripped the series of its potential. Had it been in a setting other than the .hack universe, it might not have been so 'bad.'
Oh God, not again. I'm not even gonna bother.
Chill, Kulaguy... I don't understand your whole issue with .hack//Legend of the twilight being called .hack//DUSk. It's just a cute little fan-name for the series. It even has a fan-name in Japan. It's nothing to get stressed out over.

I've been a long time .hack fan and I know very well that the series is not called .hack//DUSK, but I still use it. Why? It's a nick-name, that's all. Everyone knows its .hack//Legend of the Twilight, they just use .hack//DUSK because it's quicker to type and easier to use in a conversation.

So relax, 'kay? :D

Don't be moppy over a name, smile and be happy!
Maromi
moo.
moo.

Post by Maromi »

I could care less what any of you refer to it as, just quit the damn bickering.
Atlas

Post by Atlas »

kulaguy wrote:
.hack//Lesson 3: DUSK

Why can't you just take a couple seconds to type out Legend of the Twilight or even Udeden? Are you so lazy that you won't take 4 seconds to type out the whole title or another 2 seconds to type out the correct shortened title. Laziness. Spreading like a virus.
Ah, I see. I got the name from that exact fansub, so I always understood it as //DUSK. I'll refer to it as //LotT, if it appeases you.
Guardian Ubiquitous

Atlas wrote:
kulaguy wrote:

Why can't you just take a couple seconds to type out Legend of the Twilight or even Udeden? Are you so lazy that you won't take 4 seconds to type out the whole title or another 2 seconds to type out the correct shortened title. Laziness. Spreading like a virus.
Ah, I see. I got the name from that exact fansub, so I always understood it as //DUSK. I'll refer to it as //LotT, if it appeases you.
*sighs*

Now, I'm stating to think Kula's got more of a superiority complex than an issue with the name... Things gotta be his way and not anything else - the typical GamesFAQer. He can't accept that people have the right to make a choice on the matter: to call it DUSK or not.

Just out of spite, I'm calling it DUSK from now on. Angry Kulaguy=mildly entertaining. :D
Guardian Ubiquitous

kulaguy wrote:
Guardian Ubiquitous wrote:
Atlas wrote:
kulaguy wrote:

*sighs*

Now, I'm stating to think Kula's got more of a superiority complex than an issue with the name... Things gotta be his way and not anything else - the typical GamesFAQer. He can't accept that people have the right to make a choice on the matter: to call it DUSK or not.

Just out of spite, I'm calling it DUSK from now on. Angry Kulaguy=mildly entertaining. :D
It's not because I feel better than you but because you are calling it the incorrect name. Hypothetically, if your name was John and some people started to call you Johnny or Joan or whatever and you didn't like it, you would try to correct them, right?

Anyways, I'm tired of arguing now.
So... You're saying .hack//Legend of the Twilight doesn't like being called .hack//DUSK... Hmm... Seems to me .hack//DUSK could really care less, eh?

Then again, a manga/anime isn't a person, let alone a living organism. It has no feelings or emotions, it does not care what it is called. The only person who seems to have problem here is you.

Now, as this acclaimed .hack expert you make yourself out to be. You probably feel obligated to stand as the opinion of the voiceless and emotionless anime/game/manga which has no say in the matter what-so-ever. You see yourself as the voice. Only thing is: are you desired as the voice?

I heard no complaints from the makers of .hack, I've heard no complaints from CC2 nor Bandai. They have the ultimate say in the matter on how they want their project viewed. There are those who dislike cutesy nick-names for creations (one such example being JKR requesting her fans to refrain from calling Lord Voldemort "Voldy"), and if they have a problem with such nick-names, they will voice it themselves. Project .hack voiced no such complaint, meaning they approve of such a nick-name and enjoy the series' attention. Yet, you are the only one I've seen with an issue about the matter. No one else here has a problem with it. You are in your boat alone.

We, the fans of .hack have chose to call it .hack//DUSK. We all know very well what the correct name is, yet we chose to call it .hack//DUSK. Why? For some of us, it is a short cut. For others, they think it sounds cute. But those are our choices, and ours alone. You don't like it? Fine. We do, so stop harpping about it. Our choice, our concerns, our .hack//DUSK.

It's a different name, but it's still the same thing.

It's like the old saying goes: A rose by any other name is still a rose.

Legend of the Twilight by any other name is still Legend of the Twilight - whether you like the name or not.

</rant>

*passes out* XD
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Heh, you guys argue about the wierdest things :shock:
Dragoon2044
Silent Assassin of the
Silent Assassin of the

Post by Dragoon2044 »

....I guess no one listens to the moderators(Maromi) on this forum? Stop arguing or go somewhere else to argue. This is a thread for the new .hack anime. P2P each other and argue just don't do it here.

I wonder if the new anime might show how Tri-edge appeared? Though we might just find that out in .hack//gu.
milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

If Tri-Edge is shown in the new anime, then I think it would probably be briefly similarly to how Skeith was shown in SIGN. Of course, that would make a nice kind of cliffhanger to connect into G.U. itself.
Maromi
moo.
moo.

Post by Maromi »

Aye. Stop arguing. This is the only thread in this forum, and I'm not going to let it become a spam/flamefest. Enough.

If you want to kill one another over what a mediocre anime should be called, do it though PM's.
[Dot]Hacker_Hikari

Post by [Dot]Hacker_Hikari »

okay...O_o
anyway, does anyone have any screens? [yea, I know, stupid question, but I am just hoping... that the company might leak some shots of the new .hack anime...]
Dragoon2044
Silent Assassin of the
Silent Assassin of the

Post by Dragoon2044 »

milliennium_fox wrote:If Tri-Edge is shown in the new anime, then I think it would probably be briefly similarly to how Skeith was shown in SIGN. Of course, that would make a nice kind of cliffhanger to connect into G.U. itself.
That might actually work. Sounds good to me. I'd like to hear more about what happened to Mia(maha/macha). Perhaps she is now Endrance or the cat on her shoulder? Perhaps the player endrance and the cat are two different characters, the cat may have decided to stick around Endrance.

That being said we still don't know if the characters mentioned in the trailer are the phases, AI data, or players. I think they are players, but thier relation to the phases remains a mystery. Tying loose ends here I think the anime may have to do with the events leading right into gu. This could also include a glimse of the mysterious Tri-edge.

....Hey I just thought of something. The anime may be completely new. It would detail this catastophy that has effected 'The World' and give a glimpse of Tri-edge or perhaps Skeith since I think out of all of the phases Skeith is the most recognizable. (hence the trailer).
Maromi
moo.
moo.

Post by Maromi »

Nope, Hikari. There're neither any screens nor information about the anime. We just know that it's most likely in development. We probably won't find out for quite some time, considering CyberConnect and their stinginess with updates.
the_real_Kite

Post by the_real_Kite »

well i have my copy's of ...

1).Dot Hack//LEGEND OF THE TWILIGHT (book one)
2).Dot Hack//LEGEND OF THE TWILIGHT (book two)
3).Dot Hack//LEGEND OF THE TWILIGHT (book three)
4).Dot Hack//AI buster (book one ?)

well im planning to get more .Dot Hack books,games, and more ...
Wavemaster

Post by Wavemaster »

does anyone know of actually information about the new anime

i know someone has to because bandai been teasing people for awhile now..

but first and at most we need the info about
1) the new name for the anime
2) the new main characters
3) how many eps
4) is it based on any.hack related stuff