Cant believe this forum is alive

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

silabus

Cant believe this forum is alive

Post by silabus »

My god its been nearly 10 years since I last posted I think, and 10 years since the franchise died, wht are you still here?
SSJScygoku

Re: Cant believe this forum is alive

Post by SSJScygoku »

@.@ Although there hasn't been much new content for .hack its not like it came to a complete halt,there was Versus and the mobile games during that time along with a slow release of new merch.

Plus we've picked up momentum with .hack//G.U. Last Recode's release, not only are initial sales looking good there has been non-stop merch promotions that is making my wallet cry ^^'
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

Plus they’re almost done translating ‘hack//link.
Greyoutt

Post by Greyoutt »

Franchise ain't dead anymore now is it? :D
Falions

Post by Falions »

Greyoutt wrote:Franchise ain't dead anymore now is it? :D
Bite your tongue! We'll find out on February 1st (hopefully).
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

Come on Falions, be optimistic! :O
Falions

Post by Falions »

Oxidizer wrote:Come on Falions, be optimistic! :O
I've been burned too many times to be optimistic. Though I will say that this is probably the most hopeful I've felt about the series in years.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

If ya can't believe this forums alive, would ya believe the gamefaqs FF7 (PS1) forum is? Cause its still rollin'!

The series death is way overstated... unless you're in europe I guess -.-;

So long as theres stuff being worked on and released I find it hard ta call something dead. Redemption wasn't even the last .hack product released in north america back in 2007 n/m beyond. From then up until 2017 the only year without a single (official) release over here was 2014. The list of releases grew slimmer yeah but even 1 thing counts ^_^! Stay positive!
Falions

Post by Falions »

Lindz wrote:If ya can't believe this forums alive, would ya believe the gamefaqs FF7 (PS1) forum is? Cause its still rollin'!

So long as theres stuff being worked on and released I find it hard ta call something dead. Redemption wasn't even the last .hack product released in north america back in 2007 n/m beyond. From then up until 2017 the only year without a single (official) release over here was 2014. The list of releases grew slimmer yeah but even 1 thing counts ^_^! Stay positive!
I wouldn't call it "dead," but for a long time it's felt like a shelved series. The fact that this forum is now basically a hidden page and the original website has disappeared is a testament to that. Sure, every now and then we got some new merchandise or a chapter of Bullet, but it's been a long time since the last mainline entry on a home console or even an anime series. The fact that they kept releasing stuff nonetheless kept the fire burning for me, and Last Recode has been the largest hope for me in a loooong time. I was in 10th grade when Beyond the World came out, and now I'm halfway through my third year of university. I'm a whole new person now--I need a new .hack that reflects that!
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

CC3 incoming on Feb 1st boiiii :rock: :supz:
(i hope)
d5t

Post by d5t »

Falions wrote:
Lindz wrote:If ya can't believe this forums alive, would ya believe the gamefaqs FF7 (PS1) forum is? Cause its still rollin'!

I wouldn't call it "dead," but for a long time it's felt like a shelved series. The fact that this forum is now basically a hidden page and the original website has disappeared is a testament to that. Sure, every now and then we got some new merchandise or a chapter of Bullet, but it's been a long time since the last mainline entry on a home console or even an anime series. The fact that they kept releasing stuff nonetheless kept the fire burning for me, and Last Recode has been the largest hope for me in a loooong time. I was in 10th grade when Beyond the World came out, and now I'm halfway through my third year of university. I'm a whole new person now--I need a new .hack that reflects that!

dothackers.net now redirects to the forums! Some day, maybe if I'm ever forcefully unemployed and .hack makes a comeback with a new game, they website will come back. What's archived from 2003-2015 is so dated and beautifully web 1.0.
shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker »

I thought this place was dead. It's been so long since I've been here.
Patolea
Air Force Cadet
Air Force Cadet

Post by Patolea »

Oh man, this place is alive! The moderator still use the sign I did for him hahahaha

Love it!
Tarsilo

Post by Tarsilo »

Patolea wrote:Oh man, this place is alive! The moderator still use the sign I did for him hahahaha

Love it!
Oh, você é do Brasil também? Oláaa, difícil encontrar fãs de dot hack por aqui
EmeraldWand

Post by EmeraldWand »

Forums are generally more active when people post quick snippets, but if people are chatting on Discord, then those little filler posts disappear.