.hack//G.U. Last Recode

(Phantom) Thief

Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Advent_Winter wrote:Judging from those features, it really seems like they're dumbing down the difficulty, which kinda sucks, since G.U. is stupid easy to begin with.

This did upset me as well but then I saw...
Additional Elements

The videos from “The End of the World” Terminal Disc included with the original PS2 release of Vol. 1 are included in the collection
There is a Haseo with an unfamiliar face…//As for the new elements, you will be able to meet a “Haseo” you “don’t know.”
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/06/hackg-u-last ... BDf9o2B.99
Plus I'll bet we'll get all sorts of new artwork on top of that, maybe even new party members after the main story if we're good enough!!!
Last edited by (Phantom) Thief on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:Plus I'll be we'll get all sorts of new artwork on top of that, maybe even new party members after the main story if we're good enough!11
I remember BlackRose being cut from the post-game due to time constraints. I hope she makes it in this time...
d5t

Post by d5t »

Oxidizer wrote:Whoa! Who cast Rip Maen on d5t? :O

Thank you! I'm always here making sure that the message board doesn't further decay into an IRL Net Slum.
(Phantom) Thief

Oxidizer wrote:
(Phantom) Thief wrote:Plus I'll be we'll get all sorts of new artwork on top of that, maybe even new party members after the main story if we're good enough!11
I remember BlackRose being cut from the post-game due to time constraints. I hope she makes it in this time...

Same. I hear they were also contemplating changing her design a little more. But with how Cyberconnect2 has been reusing their characters lately I wonder if they'll be bold enough to include what they could have used back then. Also about the Haseo you don't know, my guess is that its either an exploration of what was happening Skeith or an offline expansion of Ryu as a character. On a side note, I think this means the return of Salvador Aihara as well.
d5t wrote:
Oxidizer wrote:Whoa! Who cast Rip Maen on d5t? :O

Thank you! I'm always here making sure that the message board doesn't further decay into an IRL Net Slum.
So if Kuukai is Yata, then that makes you our Zelkova.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Advent_Winter wrote:Judging from those features, it really seems like they're dumbing down the difficulty, which kinda sucks, since G.U. is stupid easy to begin with.
Perhaps only a few of those annoying avatar battles might be slightly adjusted, which I'm okay with (wasted too many hours on that Ovan battle in his avatar state). Other than that, I could only see them maybe slightly tweaking the levels of some bosses in their level restricted areas. I doubt it'll be a drastic change.
Last edited by Vallen on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Phantom) Thief

It just hit me but it would be nice if they somehow worked in a reference to Project X Zone 2...
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Take your picks for predicting the release date lol:

US Release Date
Vol. 1: October 24, 2006
Vol. 2: May 8, 2007
Vol. 3: September 10, 2007

Japan Release Date
Vol. 1: May 18, 2006
Vol. 2: September 28, 2006
Vol. 3: January 18, 2007

---
Remember these days? :mrgreen:
- https://web.archive.org/web/20070505211 ... ackers.net
- https://web.archive.org/web/20080120051 ... rs.net:80/
- https://web.archive.org/web/20091220213 ... rs.net:80/
Last edited by Vallen on Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

^^' Well unless they add a hardcore mode,I don't recall the fights being that difficult but lets see what details are to come.
Oxidizer wrote: I remember BlackRose being cut from the post-game due to time constraints. I hope she makes it in this time...
^.^ I've been wondering about this since seeing the mention of extra content~
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

What could they do for extra content?

-More weapons
-More skills and magic
-More post game party members (black rose etc)
-New dungeons, or variations of old areas (maybe different times of day)
-Some new monsters?
-New quests
-I doubt we'd get new story beyond reading or collecting some sort of archives?
-No way we'd get a new town
-More bike races and customization options?

Q: When they say that newer changes from vol2 and vol3 would be applied to vol1, what would those be?
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote:What could they do for extra content?
Not sure if they'll add skills/magic,I can see them adding in Blackrose and probably some e-mail chains. Wouldn't mind some extra side quests and field/dungeon types either ^_^
^^' hope they keep the cheat in for the bike ride on how to get 1st place~

I'd love to see some cameos from other characters just floating around or have them mentioned in the BBS~

:P and ofcourse since its for the PS4 expect trophies~
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

We need to support this:

-Buy it on both the PS4 and Steam
-or Import the Japanese LE and later buy it locally
-Maybe pick a day and make it trend on twitter
-Post under a bunch of YouTube vids of .hack openings/cutscenes/playthroughs that remakes are coming
-Message Namco Bandai and CC2 via social media

Anything to get this game the recognition it deserves.

SSJScygoku wrote:
Vallen wrote:What could they do for extra content?
I'd love to see some cameos from other characters just floating around or have them mentioned in the BBS~
:P and ofcourse since its for the PS4 expect trophies~
Wouldn't it be cool if they added some stuff from the Trilogy Movie? Like that scene with infected Atoli and Haseo in the classroom  when she stabs him
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Re: .hack//gu last recode

Post by Erroneous »

d5t wrote:This is great news. Might need to dust off the message board a bit. Maybe hire a cleaning crew... 8)
Check your PM inbox from last December.

Since they announced new features, some new content, and a new Haseo; I wonder if they do localize, will Yuri have to scream Triedge and Ovan all over again.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Those changes almost sound like they'll make G.U.'s gameplay/combat less bleh o.o

Here's ta hoping we get JP audio this time around. A new dub would be cool, but JP voice acting comes first & foremost imo. G.U. needs ta be linked to the rest of the series in that ya don't gotta switch languages between installments anymore.

Not gonna get super hype an declare I'll buy this day 1 or ever. Wanna hear or see more about these gameplay updates in action. I've played, read, watched the G.U. story loads of times now afterall~

Also this is kinda sad. Is CC2 dyin'? Seems all they're doing is repackaging old games. Plus they may have gotten dropped from FF7. Plus Squeenix may have poached some talent from 'em on the way out.

edit! Really hope they had originally animated Online Jack in HD (and why wouldn't they have since Roots was) otherwise its inclusion is gonna look pretty ugly x.x;
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Incredible! As if Nintendo's E3 wasn't amazing enough, then I find that dot hack G.U. is getting a full remake! I will do what I can to support this as well as I can. Hopefully this will open the way to getting the originals remade as well!
Vallen

Re: .hack//gu last recode

Post by Vallen »

Erroneous wrote:Since they announced new features, some new content, and a new Haseo; I wonder if they do localize, will Yuri have to scream Triedge and Ovan all over again.
Doubt they would add any new voiced content. Besides, Yuri is busy screaming "uncle Ben" these days cause he got cast as the new voice of Spiderman PS4 8)
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

YES!!!! I just saw the news and I couldn't be happier! Damn! I'm so excited for this I'm crying!
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

What is really interesting is the internet's reaction beyond us here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1390564 - NeoGAF which normally has a negative view of... well a lot seems overwhelmingly positive towards this.

The Siliconera article looks to be of mostly high praise, Gematsu is the same story, the Kotaku one seems to be the outlier with a fair amount of naysayers, however each article has generated significant buzz. Rejoice! Our beloved .hack// has not been forgotten by the people at large!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote:We need to support this:

Wouldn't it be cool if they added some stuff from the Trilogy Movie? Like that scene with infected Atoli and Haseo in the classroom  when she stabs him
^.^ Thats a nice action plan,maybe even include fanart with the buzz aswell as I've seen one already for the announcement~ ^^' assuming we can still do that, but hey there is CC2 Montreal after all xD

^-^ that it would or heck maybe Haseo's B-st mode which will let you blast through enemies~
coslink

Post by coslink »

At Last guys! Lets make this happen for a western release!

Super Super excited. Although its really strange they have skipped out on IMOQ...
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

The comment sections of each of the aforementioned sites also say something similar. The response to that is that it would take a Lot more work to bring the original games up to a "modern sensibility". While I somewhat disagree and endlessly enjoy the original four games, I can see how the esoteric systems might put off a bit of the modern crowd. If they were to do a remake of the original four games it would need to be a full remake, not simple improvements, if //Last Recode goes well enough we might see that happen. Currently there's a bit of buzz around for it, so that is hopeful and since it's also being released on PC it reaches a much wider audience (and may actually be easier to make mods for).