I Have a Theory...

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

Do you think Bandai will sell a bundle pack with all 4 games plus some goodies?

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes: 25

KeyToMyHeart

I Have a Theory...

Post by KeyToMyHeart »

Hi. I'm new here by the way. I just wanted to share I thought I've been having about the .hack game series. After the last game comes out, I believe that Bandai will release a 4 game pack with a lot of extra goodies ((maybe keychains, postcards, possibly .hack gift)) and I'm guessing it will cost around 200 bucks. After all, when something like this gets really popular, companies seem to take advantage and start to sell stuff in bundles. I hope they don't do that because I recently bought the first three games and I don't want to miss out on anything special. So that's my theory.Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Mia

Post by Mia »

Eh..I highly doubt it,in Japan they already got the box to keep all the .hack games in.We didnt get anything over here.
Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

It really depends on what Bandai America will make out of it. Most of the time we dont even get half the stuff Japanese players do but there is still a chance because we are getting the two bonus .hack//sign eps on the 6th dvd.
LunaChan

Post by LunaChan »

Ah, welcome KeyToMyHeart. Nice to see new people around here ^^ *waves her mod staff* I'm Luna.
Giving the way that most japanese gaming companies are, there's a good chance that the US public won't receive even half of what the japanese audience will. That's how it goes, unfortunately.
In any case, I certainly hope that GIFT will come with the last game or something...or I'll be quite upset -_-
Kite12345

Post by Kite12345 »

.hack//GIFT i hope that badai give us a prize for our long wait , for quarantine.
OrangeSlice

Post by OrangeSlice »

GIFT shipped with Volume 4 in japan. So far its unannounced whether it will even be translated, though, as it contains a lot of japanese puns and jokes that wouldn't be easy to convert into english.
Kite12345

Post by Kite12345 »

Well thats a very bad bad bad bad bad new !!!!!!!!!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
solarismagnum

Post by solarismagnum »

I thought GIFT was a mail-in thing for the Japanese... *Shrug*

I don't think Bandai will bring over some of the things (there's a slight chance for the novels, but I don't really see much of a chance of them bringing over all the other nifty books that they did). Of course, I think, that since we're pouring all this money out of our pockets for .hack, we SHOULD get more bang for our buck.

I don't think they'll do a box set of all the games. They haven't done it in Japan, as far as I've heard. The fanbase is already there. And they aren't Square Enix, who likes to screw over their fans anyway. (That's a completely different rant entirely)
Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

Well if they do have a box set for us...maybe the .hack novels will be included. I mean they are offical parts of the story line. If I wont get an english translation Ill learn how to read japanese and import them. :wink:

Besides that info that was in the LE of Login gives me hope about those books anyway. :)
///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317

Post by ///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317 »

I think that they probably will have a box set for the Liminality, but not the game. The thought of putting a $200 game on the shelves which could have only been one would be kinda intimidating, but the anime would not. Thats what I think...
OrangeSlice

Post by OrangeSlice »

there already is a box set for liminality. it's called .hack//Integration, its been on sale for a couple months now (japan only.)
Ardo

Post by Ardo »

I don't think that they'll put them in a box set. I mean, if they did, people would expect the price to be cheaper than buying all 4 games separately, and that would piss off people who have been buying the games as they're released. I would definitely be mad for spending $200 on the games and then seeing a box w/all four of them for, say, $100.
And they aren't Square Enix, who likes to screw over their fans anyway
Let's pray Bandai doesn't decide to follow Square Enix's stupid logic - ever.
solarismagnum

Post by solarismagnum »

OrangeSlice wrote:there already is a box set for liminality. it's called .hack//Integration, its been on sale for a couple months now (japan only.)
What I want to know is, why did they have a box set for Liminality? Wouldn't most people who played the games already have it? (of course, some people might by it just to see Unison, but otherwise I think it's pointless.)
OrangeSlice

Post by OrangeSlice »

Integration is:

.hack//Liminality Episodes 1 - 4 (full)
.hack//Unison
.hack//Udeden Character Song & Story

for ¥2800 (about $25 US)
///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317

Post by ///AKUJIKI-E1N54MK317 »

Yeah, I finally picked up this month edition of Newtype USA and saw the rather large article about Integration.

If it doesn't come out in the US, I am going to move to Japan.... or just go there and buy us all coppies!
Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

What exactly is the .hack//Udeden Character Song & Story. Is it an actual video or music disk?
OrangeSlice

Post by OrangeSlice »

it's mostly talk but it has a couple of image songs.

theres a tracklist here:
http://wave.prohosting.com/orangesl/Dis ... SCSAS.html

it's pretty funny (if you can understand it :wink:)
Silvermane

Post by Silvermane »

So I gather its alot like the parody mode in the .hack games that we didnt get over here? Cause if so this makes me sad then. I wish we wouldnt get ripped off over in the US. :(
OrangeSlice

Post by OrangeSlice »

not really. In one track mireille gets a rare item "voice changer" and says some, err, things to shuugo :lol: