just finished .hack Sign unison ova and...

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

SCP173music

just finished .hack Sign unison ova and...

Post by SCP173music »

I ***** loved it. My god that was the greatest combination of storylines in the dothack universe. and i cried tears of joy at both seeing mia alive and seeing that tsukasa kept the aromatic grass peice that she left behind. so emotional. Im so glad i decided to purchase the .hack sign complete series. Thank you funimation for putting it on DVD. I loved that ova so much. and the sign storyline was amazing too and well i cant help but fangirl over this right now its so awsome.

Re: just finished .hack Sign unison ova and...

Post by Avatar_Crim »

If you didn't like I was going to ask you to leave.. just kidding lol.
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

Avatar_Crim wrote:If you didn't like I was going to ask you to leave.. just kidding lol.
lol i wouldnt blame you. how could someone NOT love the unison ova. it links together all the main characters and events of both dot hack sign and the IMOQ games perfectly and has alot of wink-backs to previous events in both IMOQ and SIGN. Honestly It"s my favorite thing from dot hack. just wish it wasnt so short. The intermezzo ova was nice too. Really emotional. SIGN and IMOQ were really great at getting to you emotionally. G.U had its moments too but......it became more mature oriented. Most of the characters had alot of skin showing or had innaproptriate clothing. The original protagonist we all knew and loved is a ***** psycopath. and to top it off almost everyone gets **** one way or another. Hell haseo even got taken over by skeith in the first volume.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

I am glad to see you liked Unison! Yes, it is a fantastic epilogue to the entire first generation, they put a lot of effort into it (though I'd really like to know where that tavern was in the game! Haha!) and it's great to see Kite, Balmung, and Orca working side by side in canon.
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

Xu Yuan wrote:it's great to see Kite, Balmung, and Orca working side by side in canon.
Yea i liked that too. one thing im really wandering is. wtf happened to the real kite,balmung, and orca in the G.U timeline. What caused the world needing to be remade and how come theres only AI versions of our favorite 3 protagonists. and why are they so **** up.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

We know that Kite was inspired by the events that transpired that he went to college to study more about humans, I think anthropology, but I can't 100% recall, it would also seem that he and BlackRose (Akira Hayami) became a couple though. Balmung worked for CCCorp for a while as a System Administrator, he likely lost that job when "The World" sort of blew up. No idea what became of Orca though.

Kukkai has more information on that regard, a few info. books went into the present status of some of the older main characters.
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

Xu Yuan wrote:We know that Kite was inspired by the events that transpired that he went to college to study more about humans, I think anthropology, but I can't 100% recall, it would also seem that he and BlackRose (Akira Hayami) became a couple though. Balmung worked for CCCorp for a while as a System Administrator, he likely lost that job when "The World" sort of blew up. No idea what became of Orca though.

Kukkai has more information on that regard, a few info. books went into the present status of some of the older main characters.
ok 3 questions. One. is everything you told me actually canon? Two why did the world need to get reset. and 3, why are alot of the female characters sexualized.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

1.To my knowledge it was in a hack// info. book, I believe either Archives 3 or 4.
2.Did you ever watch the Terminal Disk that came with G.U.? That explains why "The World R:1" came to a crashing halt.
3. Why characters are over sexualized? Unfortunately it's somewhat part of the culture, but I'd say dot hack is a lot tamer than A Lot of other series and treats its female characters with a great amount of respect, every iteration of dot hack has had an outstanding female character alongside a just as competent male lead.
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

Xu Yuan wrote:1.To my knowledge it was in a hack// info. book, I believe either Archives 3 or 4.
2.Did you ever watch the Terminal Disk that came with G.U.? That explains why "The World R:1" came to a crashing halt.
3. Why characters are over sexualized? Unfortunately it's somewhat part of the culture, but I'd say dot hack is a lot tamer than A Lot of other series and treats its female characters with a great amount of respect, every iteration of dot hack has had an outstanding female character alongside a just as competent male lead.
for the sake of argument lets say i didnt check the terminal disk and or cant remember it. mind explaining it to me?
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Its a bit complicated... it starts off with Pi's brother who worked for CC Corp's angle on the Twilight incident, and the findings they made regarding it such as Sora and Mia being proto-Epitaph Users then after they finish with the Twilight Incident they move briefly onto Legend of the Twilight Bracelet talking about how Aura seemed to be enjoying her role as Goddess and that this was a golden age for "The World" then Aura disappeared forcing CCCorp to try and make their own Aura by uniting all eight of the Phases, even going so far as to rip Macha from Mia by destroying her data, which may explain why Elk became even more withdrawn and turned into Endrance in the future. He may have been there when it happened.

This failed magnificently, though they had the Eight Phases when they tried to run their program, "The World" lost 70% of its data immediately, the eight Epitaph Users fell into comas and then a mysterious fire broke out at CCCorp's main office, causing even further destruction. After that they cobbled the pieces together and in time created R:2 which came from another game they were working on at the time. The rest of it is a synopsis on events that are occurring in G.U., with the last two files concerning Ovan and Pi herself.
Falions

Post by Falions »

SCP173music wrote:
Xu Yuan wrote:it's great to see Kite, Balmung, and Orca working side by side in canon.
Yea i liked that too. one thing im really wandering is. wtf happened to the real kite,balmung, and orca in the G.U timeline. What caused the world needing to be remade and how come theres only AI versions of our favorite 3 protagonists. and why are they so **** up.
The World R:2 comes into existence after a fire at CC Corp, forcing them to start over. Kite, Balmung, and Orca do not play The World R:2. The reason that they take the form of the Azure Knights is because Aura created them in Kite, Balmung, and Orca's image because they protected her in R:1 and she wanted the same in R:2 (after all, the Azure Knights were basically just malware protection, much like Cubia)
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

I thought Cubia being a protective force was only in the game's prototype planning phase? (This is what the Easter Eggs in Liminality used, for some reason they weren't given the final documents) Isn't he literally considered an amalgamation of trash data that the Twilight Bracelet had built up and the reason he arose from Skeith's fallen form is because Skeith's data was of such an enormous magnitude that Cubia was able to manifest?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

"The anti-existence" concept was created by Harald to defend against any power that brought someone too close to the "truth" of The World. Cubia was an equal and opposite response to the bracelet (and later to the Avatars) and grew in power at the same rate. It never existed before its counterpart.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

i'm a little confused here... Harald didn't want players to interact with Aura and that's the reason that Cubia continued to intervene when a sufficiently powerful Kite met with the segmented Aura?

What does the "truth" constitute in this manner? I mean Tsukasa was brought fully into the game and even had the Goddess of "The World" talk to him on a daily basis. Granted though as you mentioned the Twilight Bracelet was more or less dormant at this point (though isn't it hinted that the Guardian's form of the Bracelet were made from Aura's data who also created the Twilight Bracelet?)
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Xu Yuan wrote:3. Why characters are over sexualized? Unfortunately it's somewhat part of the culture, but I'd say dot hack is a lot tamer than A Lot of other series and treats its female characters with a great amount of respect, every iteration of dot hack has had an outstanding female character alongside a just as competent male lead.
The games ya but to add to this: SIGN, Intermezzo, Zero, Liminality, Another Birth, AI buster 2, Cell, Alcor, Quantum, and The Movie were all led by female characters. Would be great to get a game with a female as the playable main character though! I think The Movie could have helped in that regard since it was a bigger thing than some of the other stuff listed.
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

I know how the azure nights were created by aura. But i wander why they stopped playing the world. Another thing that im still wandering is, how were the 8 phases made exactly. I remember hearing they were made to give emotions to aura and ****. and help her become "human". but then in .hack sign i see morganna summon skeith to data drain sora and she uses skeith to data drain aura in the IMOQ games. So whats the full story on them?
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

SCP173music wrote:I know how the azure nights were created by aura. But i wander why they stopped playing the world. Another thing that im still wandering is, how were the 8 phases made exactly. I remember hearing they were made to give emotions to aura and ****. and help her become "human". but then in .hack sign i see morganna summon skeith to data drain sora and she uses skeith to data drain aura in the IMOQ games. So whats the full story on them?
I think this is (or was) supposed ta be explained in ZERO. SIGN & ZERO Skeith are different from Infection Skeith.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

I don't think that's right... I think //ZERO was supposed to explain how Sora was completely lost into Skeith, since after //SIGN it can still be considered Skeith/Sora, this is backed up by //Liminality showing Skeith as a hooded figure which matches Skeith/Sora's appearance in //ZERO. It is likely that Skeith may have taken that form when he was searching for Aura as the first (and only) volume of //ZERO ends with Sora turning into Skeith in front of Carl because child Aura is nearby and Carl rushes to save her. At least that's what I recall. For what it's worth though it seems that the player consciousness of Sora was still in some measure of control throughout points.
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

Mmmk I understand that but im still wandering. What the **** are they nessecarily for (the 8 phases). and how come people fall into a coma when data drained.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

I just learned a ton I did not know. I need to read more.