Last Time

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Last Time

Post by KiteXX »

Those of you who know me or remember me, or anything. I feel crushed in letting this place die. I used to check in every now and again, but we are dying. This was the place in which my writing was nurtured and my shyness was overcome. My life was changed due to you Dotchackers. I cherish each and every one of you as a dear friend. Tea is at four...you don't need to knock...I've been operating under Wattpad as the User KiteXX. So, if any of you get an inkling to speak with me, don't hesitate to say hi. You were my best friends, in a lonely life. You guys are the best in every way.
SSJScygoku

Re: Last Time

Post by SSJScygoku »

^^' umm I don't recognise your username,did you always have that avatar?

I believe many members think the forum is still broken due to the debug codes that float in main sections,either that or they don't realise other posts have been made in subsections. So they'll only see the "last post" made next to the subsection header,atleast that happens to me until I randomly check it and notice other posts ^^'

Members are still coming though, I see afew logged in and the occasional post @.@
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

SSJScygoku wrote:I believe many members think the forum is still broken due to the debug codes that float in main sections,either that or they don't realise other posts have been made in subsections. So they'll only see the "last post" made next to the subsection header,atleast that happens to me until I randomly check it and notice other posts ^^'

Members are still coming though, I see afew logged in and the occasional post @.@
That has always happened, as for the debug part; it is just a small coding glitch that doesn't affect at all the boards usage or notification reading.

The ACTUAL problem is that members have just left, they either got bored of coming here or have another issues to take care about that wouldn't let them come back so oftenly... Being that an excuse for not posting unless it is something really important, they just stopped doing so.

Most of the members in here are around 19+, hell i might be the youngest, so they have work and other matters to attend. .Hack// is no longer "New" so most teenagers don't know it even exists unless they google a list of RPGs or in a wild SAO/Log Horizon search that .Hack// may/could pop up, but that isn't enough to look for any .Hack related forums...

So that leaves us only with the .Hack// fans that have known it since they were childs or since it came out... Same old answer: They grew up and have college/jobs to attend to. So... The forums are destined to die as long as we old users decide to just leave it there to die...

I'm not going to let that happen, as Zack said:
KiteXX wrote:This was the place in which my writing was nurtured and my shyness was overcome. My life was changed due to you Dotchackers. I cherish each and every one of you as a dear friend. You were my best friends, in a lonely life. You guys are the best in every way.

I second this motion.

And i, as a spreading immature cancer i'm considered... Am not going to leave this place as easy as that.

A-K out.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

AZURE-KITE wrote: That has always happened, as for the debug part; it is just a small coding glitch that doesn't affect at all the boards usage or notification reading.

The ACTUAL problem is that members have just left, they either got bored of coming here or have another issues to take care about that wouldn't let them come back so oftenly... Being that an excuse for not posting unless it is something really important, they just stopped doing so.

Most of the members in here are around 19+, hell i might be the youngest, so they have work and other matters to attend. .Hack// is no longer "New" so most teenagers don't know it even exists unless they google a list of RPGs or in a wild SAO/Log Horizon search that .Hack// may/could pop up, but that isn't enough to look for any .Hack related forums...

So that leaves us only with the .Hack// fans that have known it since they were childs or since it came out... Same old answer: They grew up and have college/jobs to attend to. So... The forums are destined to die as long as we old users decide to just leave it there to die... I'm not going to let that happen, as Zack said:
@.@ I'm aware the board and its functionality isn't affected but from the posts I see from returning members they are under the impression they are affected.

That is most likely the case, however there are still plenty of members lurking but don't post that often. From what I've came across most SAO/Log Horizon fans are already .hack fans,though that might not be the case overall.

Eventually a new .hack will be announced, then they'll most likely return to talk about it but until then there will be usual suspects keeping the forums alive ^_^
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

SSJScygoku wrote:Eventually a new .hack will be announced, then they'll most likely return to talk about it but until then there will be usual suspects keeping the forums alive ^_^
That is what worries me, since .Hack//Versus, CC2 shows no sign of making anything more interesting as that... I mean, it started dying with //LINK... And if they ACTUALLY make another game, i doubt they'll even translate it.

What we need to revive these boards is an //Online section.

They must make a real .Hack// Online or a "The World" For that matter if we really want this forum back as it was before
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

AZURE-KITE wrote:That is what worries me, since .Hack//Versus, CC2 shows no sign of making anything more interesting as that... I mean, it started dying with //LINK... And if they ACTUALLY make another game, i doubt they'll even translate it.

What we need to revive these boards is an //Online section.

They must make a real .Hack// Online or a "The World" For that matter if we really want this forum back as it was before
I'm not sure there is much they can do with Versus since it was bundled with the movie, though I doubt there is too much to translate in the game compared to say .hack//LINK. I'd imagine if the new game is a full JRPG or Versus making use of the full Naruto game that has you exploring areas,using abilities outside fights,shopping and talking to characters that would definitely make it overseas.

?_? what do you mean //Online section?

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a .hack game using VR tech as it complements the series nicely but who knows what they are planning @.@
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

If he wants to quit, he can quit for all I care, for me, I view others interacting around in the forums regardless of what topic to be what keeps it alive, so no, I don't think its dead, I made actual friends here and I'd still like to meet more, but if you think we are dying then you are dead wrong, Wanna know what I think, its certain people on this boards(yes, including me back then, but to be fair, I was at a low point in life back then) that turns off others, heck, I think we all did something to ward people off, so ask yourself, what the hell did you do to cause this? Its not the lack of new members, its the older members.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Kaori wrote:I don't think its dead, I made actual friends here and I'd still like to meet more, but if you think we are dying then you are dead wrong, Wanna know what I think, its certain people on this boards(yes, including me back then, but to be fair, I was at a low point in life back then) that turns off others, heck, I think we all did something to ward people off, so ask yourself, what the hell did you do to cause this? Its not the lack of new members, its the older members.
I totally agree with this, though i have said something else on one of my previous posts it's mostly our own fault. Hell i'm one of the main reasons some quitted, that's for sure.

If we only had acted like a real fan community and not like people living in a failed communism, maybe we were all still here. Keyaki, Ratsu, etc...

As for...
SSJScygoku wrote: ?_? what do you mean //Online section?
CC2 making an actual .Hack// Based MMORPG of "The World", even if it starts as R:1. I'm sure we would all enjoy it. (I think i saw some people saying there was a //Fragment server somewhere, though...).
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

AZURE-KITE wrote:CC2 making an actual .Hack// Based MMORPG of "The World", even if it starts as R:1. I'm sure we would all enjoy it. (I think i saw some people saying there was a //Fragment server somewhere, though...).
Ah I see, yeah there it was Coldbird? Fragment which I believe there are still operating, also saw afew posts about Iridium Based version of The World on facebook recently @.@
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

SSJScygoku wrote:
AZURE-KITE wrote:CC2 making an actual .Hack// Based MMORPG of "The World", even if it starts as R:1. I'm sure we would all enjoy it. (I think i saw some people saying there was a //Fragment server somewhere, though...).
Ah I see, yeah there it was Coldbird? Fragment which I believe there are still operating, also saw afew posts about Iridium Based version of The World on facebook recently @.@
See, THIS is what I'm talking about, everybody here has that unhealthy obsession for fragment even though it was never an mmo and neither did it come out stateside, its like I'm the only one around here who thinks instead of going to coldbird to play some failure of a game that didn't even make it past testing, we should just be more open to other games BESIDES fragment? I think White Knight Chronicles and ESPECIALLY Sword Art Online for Vita are good replacements, heck, I'd even say that sword art online's a spiritual successor, the game, not the novels.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Kaori wrote: See, THIS is what I'm talking about, everybody here has that unhealthy obsession for fragment even though it was never an mmo and neither did it come out stateside, its like I'm the only one around here who thinks instead of going to coldbird to play some failure of a game that didn't even make it past testing, we should just be more open to other games BESIDES fragment? I think White Knight Chronicles and ESPECIALLY Sword Art Online for Vita are good replacements, heck, I'd even say that sword art online's a spiritual successor, the game, not the novels.
I agree that .Hack//'s battle system sucks as for online playing. But i would love to see their ideas for an MMO with a good playing-style. I mean, didn't anyone like the Classes, Trading Style, Shops, Areas, Guilds(Including Guild areas), and the Job-Extension events for Adepts?

I certainly did...
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Kaori wrote:See, THIS is what I'm talking about, everybody here has that unhealthy obsession for fragment even though it was never an mmo and neither did it come out stateside, its like I'm the only one around here who thinks instead of going to coldbird to play some failure of a game that didn't even make it past testing, we should just be more open to other games BESIDES fragment? I think White Knight Chronicles and ESPECIALLY Sword Art Online for Vita are good replacements, heck, I'd even say that sword art online's a spiritual successor, the game, not the novels.
@.@ I've never played Fragment, it was just one of the few .hack projects I've heard of besides from this http://www.iridiumbased.com/ Well that and there was .hack//CHAT (KYAT) from awhile back :D

:P i'm surprised haters haven't jumped in at the mere mention of SAO, i'll have to pick up the Korean version with subtitles at some point when possible I like to own a physical copy.