Has anyone ever had a missing pet?

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

Aoibara

Has anyone ever had a missing pet?

Post by Aoibara »

Hi. I really need some words of advice on a recent event.

On June 11th, I lost my dear cat. It was the day we were moving, and we accidentally forgot to put her in the cage, so she got scared and ran out of the apartment room. We already posted lost pet posters, posted on facebook, informed the former apartment, everything. No one has found her yet.

I only experienced death of a pet, and I never ever had a pet gone missing. From my point of view, I think experiencing death is better than a pet going missing because when it is dead, it is in peace. However, when it is missing, you don't know if it is living peacefully or is being tortured, or if it is dead or alive.

I have gotten over the loss, but I still wonder deeply about my cat's whereabouts. My mother is feeling guilty about the entire event, when she really shouldn't be. I tried to talk her over, but she almost bursts into tears when I try to help her.

I do feel better now, but I still need some words of help.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Has anyone ever had a missing pet?

Post by Kuukai »

That sounds awful. Hang in there! Cats can be pretty resourceful on their own, their instincts kick in and they don't have a very hard time finding food. But certainly the best scenario would be if she's found and you can get some closure. Did you contact any nearby animal shelters? Does she have tags? I hope your mom feels better about it, maybe over time the two of you will be better able to discuss what happened. I hope everything turns out well! My family had a dog that ran away a couple of times, but he was always found and reported eventually. Keeping an optimistic attitude can really help!
BrinODea

Post by BrinODea »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/1 ... 73952.html

Figured I would post an inspiring story about how resilient cats are! This is just one of many that I have heard/read, so fear not, cats like to roam free and such, but they do return, as long as you gave them a loving and caring home!
Aoibara

Post by Aoibara »

Kuukai wrote:That sounds awful. Hang in there! Cats can be pretty resourceful on their own, their instincts kick in and they don't have a very hard time finding food. But certainly the best scenario would be if she's found and you can get some closure. Did you contact any nearby animal shelters? Does she have tags? I hope your mom feels better about it, maybe over time the two of you will be better able to discuss what happened. I hope everything turns out well! My family had a dog that ran away a couple of times, but he was always found and reported eventually. Keeping an optimistic attitude can really help!
I hope she is OK, because she isn't very cat like when it comes to survival. Currently, her future-care keeper is checking the shelter, I have posted lost cat infos online and offline. Fortunately, my baby is microchipped.

Yep. Optimism definitely helps. :)
BrinODea wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/1 ... 73952.html

Figured I would post an inspiring story about how resilient cats are! This is just one of many that I have heard/read, so fear not, cats like to roam free and such, but they do return, as long as you gave them a loving and caring home!
Its true...Cats really do have 9 lives O_o.

Thank you <3
BrinODea

Post by BrinODea »

Remember, as long as you don't lose hope, anything (especially good) can happen!