Food!

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

Furie

Food!

Post by Furie »

What is your favorite food?
What do you usually eat from day to day?
Do you do the cooking? If not, who does?
Or anything else you have to say about food, I suppose!

I cook a lot and many different things. I don't have a particularly favorite recipe, but chicken breast cut into little pieces and thrown into a skillet with various veggies is almost always a go to dinner for me. For lunches, I usually have half of some random deli meat sandwich with an apple and some cheese.

My favorite food is unagi (eel). Sushi is always awesome, but so expensive. =(
VirusCoreS

Re: Food!

Post by VirusCoreS »

--swearing brats that complain in online game's maintenance announcement. I eat them alive whenever I could.
--Orders and complaints.
--sometimes.... but I tend to burnt those cheating lame players.
--None of those I really did, don't worry, it's just my lame attempt at making sarcasm jokes ^^;

Well, since I live in Indonesia, I'm grateful to the abundant of delicious local food, even the cheap ones. We eat mostly with rice. Like fried cat fish with sambal (mashed chilli and onion) and rice which is my favorite, then Rendang with rice (my favorite too!) or bakso (meat ball soup) or nasi goreng (fried rice) and stuffs :3

I like chilli food, despite of having weak stomach. There are times when I have competition with my friend to add as much chilli sauce to our bakso as we can.

but when in college days, I often lunch at warteg (cheap 'restaurant' which you can choose your meal freely) to preserve money, or going to my friend's place to eat for free :D Or didn't eat at all. I always try to get breakfast, but often skipped it. Same goes for dinner I'll eat when I remember :3
I didn't eat much am I?
My eating habit is a mess XD sometime I go on two to three days without eating properly (only lots of water and pieces of tried tofu and tempe--soy cake) but the other days I eat fried rice for 3 people. I wonder if I'm secretly camel....

I can cook, but I'm too lazy to do that. So my sister or mom does the job :3
nuhkuhl
Location: In a box with a lock sitting next to a fox sick with pox wearing socks.

Post by nuhkuhl »

Oh, man. Good topic is good. Hnngh.

-What is your favorite food?
I like mixing noodles with canned tuna, salsa, basil, and pepper. It's very cheap and easy to make but satisfying... however, I seem to be alone in my affinity for it.
Tuna Casserole and/or Lobster Lasagna are amazing too. Oh, and Scalloped Potatoes...HNNNNNNGH. Cheesy goodness. Speaking of cheese, I like putting cheese between crackers with grapes inside. It's strangely refreshing.
Finally, I love onions. It's the one vegetable I would genuinely regret having to live without.

-What do you usually eat from day to day?

I eat toast a lot...just toast. Nothing on the bread. I could live on tomato-based dishes. Salsa, soup, sauce, et cetera. ....but yeah, salsa.

-Do you do the cooking? If not, who does?

Yeah, but I certainly don't claim to be good at it- I have a tendency to douse too much spice in my dishes for other peoples' tastes.

-Or anything else you have to say about food, I suppose!
Heaven is being able to eat anything you want without gaining weight or coming down with food poisoning.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

-What is your favorite food?
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo.

-What do you usually eat from day to day?
High Protein Breakfast (Usually Eggs or Meat), High Fiber Lunch (Love Raisin Bran), and a light dinner that usually has vegetables, rice, and/or something that changes every night. That order is mainly for dietary and health concerns because of how each type of meal breaks down over your day and how they interact with eachother.

-Do you do the cooking? If not, who does?
Yep, I've been cooking since I was 14.

-Or anything else you have to say about food, I suppose!
I can't bake, fail at it every time.
Furie

Post by Furie »

@Virus, local food is the best! Here in Chicago, US, it means lots of different cultural food for me. There's afgan down the street, TONS of local Mexican food places, sushi, BBQ and great pizza joints. Your options sound like the better ones, though. I love rice and fish of all kinds! I wish we had more of that around here.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Furie wrote:@Virus, local food is the best! Here in Chicago, US, it means lots of different cultural food for me. There's afgan down the street, TONS of local Mexican food places, sushi, BBQ and great pizza joints. Your options sound like the better ones, though. I love rice and fish of all kinds! I wish we had more of that around here.
Actually where i live we don't even have our own food(only 3 - 4 plates of our own) we have a mix of all around the world food, but we take it to the extreme(Such as burgers with eggs, meat, ham, cheese, bacon, chicken, lot of ketchup and look alikes, taters, and much more) we can put everything to anything.

as for the food i like. i like most of the good food except for salad.

do i cook? yes, and pretty good.

anything else? i like 3milk cake with rum(i dunno how you call them in your country)
Furie

Post by Furie »

Cake with rum? SIGN ME UP!
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Furie wrote:Cake with rum? SIGN ME UP!
Yeah, i love it when mom makes it. Because I'm still learning
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

-Tacos, pizza and burgers, that's all i need to live happily forever x3

-A breakfast which is either some eggs or a torta (some sort of sandwich), a meal that can either be soup and rice and some well-prepared meal, or a large order of tacos/pizza, and a small dinner which can be tacos/pizza/burger/quesadilla, which is like a taco with cheese and perhaps something else. I'm so healthy, i know D: lol

-I don't "cook", as in actually prepare food from raw ingredients and follow recipes, my mom is in charge of that. However, since i'm home alone most of the time, i always "heat up" all of my food...not cook it exactly, just turn on the stove and move stuff around with a big spoon as i watch bubbles pop out. And i can also cook stuff that requires me to do nothing but that...such like some eggs with tomato sauce, almost all kinds of soup, burgers, some tacos, and easy stuff like that. I can easily live on my own, just don't expect me to have a large menu XD lol

-Just like with VirusCoreS, there's a HUGE variety of local food here in Mexico, and i LOVE eating such kind of food, which is usually composed of meat, tortilla, and ALL kinds of spice and chili you could possibly imagine. I eat ALOT of spicy food too...my tolerance to it might not be as great as other mexicans, but i'm pretty sure i can beat you all in any "competition" about it XDD lol
-What i love the most regarding local food are tacos. Especially those "tacos al pastor" you can find in any small stall at the corner of the street, at some hour deep in the night like 2AM, with your friends after drinking considerable amounts of alcohol; in fact this is VERY common in here, looking for tacos at night after some party. And i should say that these kind of tacos are my VERY favorite kind of food, because of all circumstances leading up to such quest for tacos, and if they're already very delicious, they get even better when it's with your friends like that XD
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

@Furie
Fried rice sure is good, it's easy to make too :3

@sorrow
heh, bring it on! >:3
I only know 3 cuisines that is well-known for it's super hot taste: Mexican food, Indian food, and Indonesian food. India got the hottest chilli in the world after all. So I might try those :D

long live chilly!! :D

Actually, I want to try 'international food', but those are expensive here XD
speaking of international food... takoyaki is one of cuisine I always bought at anime convention in here :3
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

VirusCoreS wrote:@sorrow
heh, bring it on! >:3
I only know 3 cuisines that is well-known for it's super hot taste: Mexican food, Indian food, and Indonesian food. India got the hottest chilli in the world after all. So I might try those :D

long live chilly!! :D
Remember how i want to travel all around the world and meet people from the internetz?
Well, when i go to Indonesia and meet you, i'll surely challenge you to a spicyness match!!! >:3 GET READY!!! lol

And i don't actually LOVE chili/spicy food too much, but being a mexican and not liking spicy food is perhaps like being an indonesian who can't stand rice D: lol
I sure eat several kinds of chili and they can be very enjoyable with the kind of food prepared here, and some taste very great too...but when i'm hungry, i want to eat calmly and enjoy my food, not challenge my tongue and stomach to a deadly match where i'll suffer for the rest of the day no matter the result D: It can be amusing to do such challenges though, just like how it can be so entertaining to look at someone nearly choking by eating something that doesn't affect you as much 'XD But, that's more like eating just for the challenge, not because you're hungry and actually need to eat. Though even so, there's plenty of people here, including some friends of mine, who actually eat VERY spicy food as their normal meal everyday, and will rarely eat any food that doesn't make their tongue burn and cause them to do funny gestures all over D: lol

As of international food...well, burgers and pizza can be considered as "international" here 'XD
I've eaten at alot of international restaurants (argentinan, chinese, japanese, french...perhaps some more), but, i'm sure they're completely different to what i would eat in those countries if i were to go there and order their normal local food, just like how eating at Taco Bell or something is ENTIRELY different than eating a real taco anywhere here D:
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

@sorrow
hahaha, don't worry, I still eat to live rather live to eat. the competition is just small entertainment XD
yeah! the 'international' food is different in each region.

and it's Durian season again here.... hehehehe
SCP-173

Post by SCP-173 »

My favorite food. Watermelon.

What I normally eat. cereal.

Who usually cooks. My parents.

That's pretty muuch how it goes.