Questions to USA versus owners

HISTORY

Questions to USA versus owners

Post by HISTORY »

So this post is pointed at people in the USA who own versus!

I got some questions and if you can answer them i would really appreciate it!!

1. Is there subtitles for the story mode? I don't understand Japanese obviously =P
2. can you play online in america?
3. Where did u buy it?
Bullet Biter

Re: Questions to USA versus owners

Post by Bullet Biter »

1.) There are captions, but of course in Japanese. You can find summaries of the plot on here or through other places.

2.) Yes you can play online, if you need help there are guides out there. The random match up system is pretty dead though so you'll probably end up having to arrange matches with people on forums.

3.) I bought The World special edition from Amazon marketplace, but if you just want the game you can get it from PlayAsia or YesAsia for a decent price.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

The matchup system works, it just only works when someone is online. Remember this is basically a blu-ray extra. Not the largest player base.
Kitetsu Fayth

Post by Kitetsu Fayth »

It is also worth mentioning that Vs Mode tends to have a very noticable lag for US players, at least on my coast. That being said, the game is still very entertaining.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Kuukai wrote:The matchup system works, it just only works when someone is online.
Isn't that how it works for any game with matchmaking? I remember checking out Sega Superstars Tennis online alil after it launched an found no players. In both games it seems the best action is setting up a game an waiting around until someone joins.
Remember this is basically a blu-ray extra.
Prolly a debate for another thread but I feel that label does disservice to the game >.<;
Not the largest player base.
Being the lowest selling .hack game since frägment doesn't help neither~ Which is weird since, considering the standard pricing of media in Japan, the standard blu-ray release was a very good value.
Kitetsu Fayth wrote:It is also worth mentioning that Vs Mode tends to have a very noticable lag for US players, at least on my coast.
This is true but not always so. I've had some reeeeeallyyyy laggy matches against 1 jp player, then the next plays much smoother. Kinda weird but ya, generally some noticable amount of lag is present. Not so bad against western... er, "ASIA" players though!