Post by Kuukai »

Best Show.

Questions/concerns?
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Re: Mawaru Penguindrum

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Is it really that good of a show? I mean, I kind of lost interest during the first episode. It's a little hard to pay that much attention to without noting the obvious transformation which happens every episode.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Are you talking about the sequence above or something else? It's actually kind of interesting how they use stock animation like that but still change the lines and clothing and sometimes throw a total curveball into the sequence. The first part doesn't change, but it's random enough anyway (death star thing->spaceship->train->dock with another train->robot bear->girl->brief conversation) to hold my interest.

I really like,I find the themes very interesting.It's like Utena without swords. My interest level increased as it went on...
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

I know it's made by the creator or someone related to Utena. However, I'm not a huge fan of the show itself. It feels a bit too random for me.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Penguin theme Mahou Shoujo... Its bad enough I'm REALLY not into Magical Girl crap to begin with, but now Penguins? Lately everything I look at online, and even things I saw today at the festival were penguin themed... I think this one's a skip, just from watching that video.

I dunno, I guess I'm just a quality nutter. GitS, Darker than Black, Cowboy Bebop, a lot of animation types along those lines. But it goes without saying there are exceptions, the most recent of which for me was Arakawa: Under the Bridge. You want random, that has it in spades.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I wouldn't call it mahou shoujo... That transformation is the only thing in there that's mahou shoujo-ish and:
-It happens at random times and only lasts for one conversation
-She has absolutely no powers when it's done
-Content-wise it's 90$ giant robot transformation, if anything. The robot also does nothing

Already seen Arakawa, since it has Maaya Sakamoto. But it's not a replacement for this...
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Well, apparently its Mahou Shoujo enough to warrant an ero-manga... It didn't take long after seeing this for someone to show THAT to me.