Orimura Chifuyu
18%

Total votes: 11

Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Re: Infinite Stratos girls

Post by Erranty »

Its not really that Char's "non-violent", its more that she's only violent when its really necessary.
Last edited by Erranty on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Still confuses me when he was going to kiss Houki at the end of the first season.
loveeee

Post by loveeee »

Honestly have to go with charlotte. Best all around girl SO DESIRABLE
Aoko Aozaki

Post by Aoko Aozaki »

This poll is incomplete. It's missing someone very important.

Yeah, that's it. Mad genius Tabane isn't there.

Oh well. I'll go for the second place then: Houki. I like her backstory better, her personal dilemma of how one wields power, and it helped that she is the only one besides Lin who actually has a basis for a close relationship with Ichika at this point: they were childhood friends and fellow kendo practitioners. Also, I personally like the idea of averting the Friend Zone trope and that she's a lot more normal than any of the other girls.

The rest are either too tsun for my taste or they're Charlotte, who I preferred when she was pretending to be a boy under Charles. After stopping with the charade, she became really boring and way too close to being one type of Mary Sue. It would have been nice if her character remained as Charles since she often made obvious comments of things that Ichika was somehow oblivious to, making her seem like a 'bro' character for a while there and definitely nothing of a love interest.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

I'm sorry, but Tabane seems more like someone I'd punch in the face.

She purposely made IS power sources only work with women to make men into the "weaker" sex. But of course, she only made like 250 something power sources, and it promoted governments to make anti-IS weaponry and autonomous IS models like that one near the end of the season.

I'm sorry, what kind of abused mistreated child was she that she felt the need to do this? Oh that's right, she led a normal happy lifestyle and then just left randomly to play matchmaker for her sister and Ichika.

BTW, that IS working for him was totally set up BY HER to respond to him, just like he was SUDDENLY given a custom IS right as he would need it... Hmm, seems more like she can choose to let men use the power source as she pleases just by encoding a DNA exception into it, instead of basing it on hormones.
Aoko Aozaki

Post by Aoko Aozaki »

While we all have our own opinions, I'm not sure if what you're saying is backed by actual text from the light novels that are neither ambiguous nor open to interpretation, so I don't think I can take it seriously. My knowledge is limited to the anime, I'll admit, so that's what I go by in my decision, though I doubt my opinion would change too much unless her character is drastically different (i.e. not wacky).

I really would like to read the light novels, since I know lots of information can't fit into an anime and there's possibly several changes. One change I do know is that the IS they fought in the last two episodes originally had a pilot in the light novel rather than being unmanned.

I might as well also add this: I watched the show BECAUSE it was "only women can use these sports-usage fighting machines". I'm not feminist, but I do like that kind of thing if it's well-done. I think Infinite Stratos pulls it off fairly well, though the anime had issues maintaining that they were only used in sports rather than anything military.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

That's because they weren't originally sport machines, and the serious competitions have deaths. Why do you think Chifuyu stopped Ichika from using that attack on Cecilia in the beginning, and why they limit it to their shield energy use? Because his attack would've cut her in two, all the weapons can cause serious damage, even death, and they can't go having deaths while they're supposed to be training them to deal with that kind of thing later during national disputes.

Oh, and I finally looked it up, it was 467 power cores. No where near enough for all that boasting the the beginning of the series where they were saying "men can't beat women in a fight anymore", I'm sorry? Do YOU have an IS? No? Only national representatives do? Shut the f*** up and make me a sandwich before I show you how wrong you are.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

Aoko Aozaki wrote:I might as well also add this: I watched the show BECAUSE it was "only women can use these sports-usage fighting machines". I'm not feminist, but I do like that kind of thing if it's well-done. I think Infinite Stratos pulls it off fairly well, though the anime had issues maintaining that they were only used in sports rather than anything military.
>Infinite Stratos
>Feminism

HAHAHA
OH WOW.

in all seriousness, this thread's supposed debate should have clued you in on how un-feminist this show is.
Not only that, but the characters are all stereotypical cardboard cut-outs (except for Char, and she's FAR from being a 'feminist icon').
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

nobodyknows wrote: >Infinite Stratos
>Feminism

HAHAHA
OH WOW.

in all seriousness, this thread's supposed debate should have clued you in on how un-feminist this show is.
Not only that, but the characters are all stereotypical cardboard cut-outs (except for Char, and she's FAR from being a 'feminist icon').
I hate to be the absolute nay-sayer in the group, but I'd have to disagree. Char is actually the feminist ideal, because while being strong enough to be independent she's still able to love a man as his equal instead of being the weaker or the superior sex. Sadly that ideal been forgotten by greed and mulled over time and time again by the law.

Women want to be treated as equals, yet they still expect a man to be the one to pay for dinner. When a divorce happens women will get preferential treatment, most likely gaining both majority possession of any children AND Alimony despite her being unemployed. If the roles were reversed the court would simply tell the unemployed man to screw off and get a job.

That's why I hate this so much. If you took away the last bit men have over women, and then held it over us with arrogance, we'd snap and one side or the other would be seriously mistreated.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Erranty wrote: I hate to be the absolute nay-sayer in the group, but I'd have to disagree. Char is actually the feminist ideal, because while being strong enough to be independent she's still able to love a man as his equal instead
Please, for sanitation's sake equality is fine as long as all restrooms arent unisex.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Kaori wrote:
Erranty wrote: I hate to be the absolute nay-sayer in the group, but I'd have to disagree. Char is actually the feminist ideal, because while being strong enough to be independent she's still able to love a man as his equal instead
Please, for sanitation's sake equality is fine as long as all restrooms arent unisex.
Its an all girls school... With 1 guy... I don't think they have a male bathroom... And with those dorms all having a bathroom my guess is they don't even have community toilets.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

It wouldn't be necessary to have the a male bathroom, wouldn't it? It's not like you need something like that at the school if a male student comes in.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

He's probably just supposed to use the teacher's bathroom.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

looks like there's a new girl, and she's the cadet representative of Russia, and her name is Sarashiki Tatenashi.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

I do hope they introduce a lesbian into the group. Someone needs to be "just friends" with Ichika.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Enemy alert! Evil Chifuyu clone! Her name is Orimura Madoka