Bakemonogatari

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Bakemonogatari

Post by Erranty »

Who's seen it? Did you like it, hate it, or feel indifferent?

I just finished it myself, and I really liked it, and it strangely gave off this FLCL feel. Its oddly deep, yet alienating more than involving and that just makes you focus more on it. Not saying the characters were any deeper than a puddle, but it was pretty cool.
Last edited by Erranty on Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zerokoolpsx

Re: Bakemonogatari

Post by zerokoolpsx »

I liked it. I just wished Senjougahara had more screen time on the last episode. I have yet to watch FLCL. Maybe I should try seeing if Netflix has it and what is all the rave about it.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

zerokoolpsx wrote:I liked it. I just wished Senjougahara had more screen time on the last episode. I have yet to watch FLCL. Maybe I should try seeing if Netflix has it and what is all the rave about it.
Just remember to get the English dub. Even the japanese praise it because of how much better the metaphors fit, and how the VA work was.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

The Prequel "Kazemonogatari" is going into production soon. There's already a stink getting raised about how the main character, who played the little blonde vampire, is probably going to be voiced by Aya Hirano. Fans don't like her anymore because she's batshit crazy.

(Sorry about the double post)
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

Did I just here the phrase 'Prequel to Bakemonogatari', or did my ears decieve me?
If so, I think it's time to bring out the sacrificial lamb and pay homage to whatever god is up there for his kindness!
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Its still pretty strange the way they're doing the show order. But then again, if I'd seen something action packed, then have its sequel be Bakemonogatari, I'd feel like someone just threw me another "Endless Eight"...
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Well FLCL is available on Netflix last week. I watched it asap. It's so over the top, so ridiculous, so bizarre and I loved every second of it. I watched it again a few days later, but subbed this time. The English VA actually sounds better. It's about growing up. It's now one of my favorites. <3 Haruko!
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Okay, correction on the title of the next one. Apparently its "Kizumonogatari" not "Kazemonogatari" like I thought.

And I'm glad FLCL's one of your favorites now. I really don't know anyone who's said they didn't love it, and that speaks volumes.