Tell Namco Bandai's Community Manager you want LINK! NOW!

Important Announcements, including the forum rules
Haseo364

Tell Namco Bandai's Community Manager you want LINK! NOW!

Post by Haseo364 »

http://www.facebook.com/namcobandai/pos ... 9877913903

The Community Manager of Namco Bandai is requesting fan feedback for upcoming titles! He had even given note to the demand of Tales! He is "taking notes" on our input. Connect with him via Twitter!

Now is our chance, let's make the most of it! It is guaranteed our plights will not fall upon deaf ears this time!
(Phantom) Thief

Re: Tell Namco Bandai's Community Manager you want LINK! NOW

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

I can mess with the issue on twitter but other than that I'm out. But I wanted to know, is this just fan response or are these passed onto the company president. I wish there was a way to send a private message.

EDIT: Someone else is on it. We might receive a reply soon.
EDIT: And its no longer there... Well there's our answer. Get out the trademark forms.
d5t

Post by d5t »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:I can mess with the issue on twitter but other than that I'm out. But I wanted to know, is this just fan response or are these passed onto the company president. I wish there was a way to send a private message.

EDIT: Someone else is on it. We might receive a reply soon.
EDIT: And its no longer there... Well there's our answer. Get out the trademark forms.
This is a NBGA employee, so unless Namco Bandai is doing this for smoke and mirrors, hopefully it has a bit of an impact. It's all over dothackers social networks, the front page and our campaign website, so hopefully we make some noise.
Tack

Post by Tack »

Haseo364 wrote:http://www.facebook.com/namco/posts/154709877913903

The Community Manager of Namco Bandai is requesting fan feedback for upcoming titles! He had even given note to the demand of Tales! He is "taking notes" on our input. Connect with him via Twitter!

Now is our chance, let's make the most of it! It is guaranteed our plights will not fall upon deaf ears this time!
Done, and there are 11 requests for it right now. However there's also alot of request for tales for some reason.

Is it a good series?
Last edited by Tack on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Tack wrote:
Haseo364 wrote:http://www.facebook.com/namco/posts/154709877913903

Done, and there are 11 requests for it right now. However there's also alot of request for tales for some reason.

Is it a good series?
It is, but more than being a "good series" or not, it's a series of which several games have been released in Japan long ago, and only about half of them were localized in US (and Europe and anywhere else). Not too different from .Hack//LINK, except that it's about FIVE games for them, and they've been "fighting" for the localization of those games for YEARS, going through very extreme measures sometimes (and with us...it hasn't even been a month since the Localization campaign officially started).

The "war" between Tales fans and Namco Bandai has lasted for quite a long time indeed, with NB never really replying to their suggestions or demands (only with a "We'll let you know" at best)...so yeah, now that someone from Namco Bandai has finally addressed Tales, after YEARS of not getting a single reply at all, it's obvious and understandable that such Tales fans (of which fanbase is like 20 times bigger than .Hack) immediatly reacted on that and started making all the requests they've been demanding for all along.
It's more likely that they'll localize and release one or two Tales games before working on .Hack//LINK, but that's all fine. I've never really liked the Tales fandom, mostly because of the extreme measures they'd take...but, honestly, they deserve their games far more than we do. And even i (as a .Hack fan and not a Tales fan at all) would be pissed if we get our game first than any of them do, while they've been demanding for years what we've been demanding for weeks. But it's ok, doesn't mean we should stop with our campaign or anything, and actually, it's like both the .Hack and Tales fandom have been merged into one, single, HUGE localization campaign, with both sides working for the same goals (getting Namco Bandai to localize certain games in the US), and if we help and support them in the localization of their games, they sure as heck will help us too with .Hack//LINK, so it'll all be a shared win for all of us even if the Tales games are localized first.

So yeah, don't give up on the campaign, in fact be stronger and louder than you've ever been, and let Namco Bandai now that we also want our .Hack//LINK and we'll keep "fighting" for it :D And if you have anything against the Tales fans like i do, then it's best to forget that now and work together.
hidora

Post by hidora »

On the topic of Tales, may I add that a ps3 Tales game (I think it was Vesperia) was said to be halfway done and then they never gave news about it again. Now there's a fan project to translate it and use with jailbreaker >.>
Oh, and Tales of Innocence and Phantasia were only translated by fans too.
Tack

Post by Tack »

I want to say this, I've never played tales of Eternia (Eternia, He-Man?), and probably never will. But damn, they have a cool opening (in Japan)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TU4dxjLuuk

vs. THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn4APY_148A

Also look at the different covers where you got Reid, Farah, Keele, and Meredy in a cool Japanese fantasy setting
vs just Reid and Farah doing uh.. kung-fu... fighting?
hidora wrote:On the topic of Tales, may I add that a ps3 Tales game (I think it was Vesperia) was said to be halfway done and then they never gave news about it again. Now there's a fan project to translate it and use with jailbreaker >.>
Oh, and Tales of Innocence and Phantasia were only translated by fans too.
Sounds like Earthbound 3.
TheSorrow wrote:so yeah, now that someone from Namco Bandai has finally addressed Tales, after YEARS of not getting a single reply at all, it's obvious and understandable that such Tales fans (of which fanbase is like 20 times bigger than .Hack) immediatly reacted on that and started making all the requests they've been demanding for all along.
If I was Bandai and now just listening, it wouldn't just be translating and releasing Tales of Xillia, but re-release all of the rest of the entire series in collector's set with all of the old SNES and Playstation on each disc re-translated (or not, depending on the fan's perspective, because sometimes a new translation a good RPG does not make) of the games emulated on each of the discs aalong with the art and all of the music and interviews, and tell the fans, thank you for enjoying our series, this is how we can finally thank you for your patience and dedication.

.hack related? Well I know that when I watch .hack//GIFT especially now that I've beaten the four games and Helba comes out and bows and says "Thank you for playing the four games of .hack" I know that not only that I've been through something special, but that the developers go out of there way to treat their fans well. And as a guy whose never played the series and this might be hypocritical, but maybe it's time for Tales fans to experience that too.

As long as it doesn't cut into our release of our .hack//LINK of course. ;)

Say someone wants to start trying out the tales series, which game should they start with?
d5t

Post by d5t »

Tales of Symphonia is the only game I've played in the series -- but lets not turn this into a full blown Tales discussion, more important issues are a front.

The one year anniversary of .hack//Link for the PSP being released in Japan will be coming up fast - the point of no return is when .hack//Quantum gets licensed in the U.S. After 1-1.5 years of no transparency from NBGA, we can assume that .hack//Link is dead in the water. That's why it's soooo important to pester them early and frequently. We've got an elaborate present we're sending to NBGA (still in discussion) if you've been following our Facebook page.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

@Tack

PM me if you want to know about the Tales series and such since Ive played a majority of the ones released here. Its one of my favorite series.

Anyways to stay on topic and not derail this thread... Im totallly down for the package thing d5t. Im already a follower on Facebook so I know what its about and everything. Its a very good idea that could actually do something if we get enough peoples help.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

How long would a translation take? That said I check this trademark website every so often, but only .hack//SIGN ~ G.U. are listed. Link should appear if anyone takes an interest in the project. Still for a different shift does anyone know any websites for Japanese Game/Media Registration? I've been wanting to research a few unreleased series for some time. (ToT) I drew a picture for .hack//Link just can't decide how to finish it.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/
Haseo364

Post by Haseo364 »

This is not particularly fully pertinent to .hack//LINK-and I would loathe to digress back to Tales-but deviation in this sense is absolutely necessary. Thanks to the militant efforts of Tales fans via Facebook and Twitter: Namco Bandai has listened, and are localizing Tales of Graces F. My jaw dropped in amazement and I leaped out of my seat with joy. That's one down...and one more to go!

Let that be inspiration for us! They are listening! (which seems utterly impossible at this point, I know) We need to vocalize the same with .hack//LINK! Our efforts are not fruitless, though it may seem that way initially. The .hack fanbase is smaller...so that could pose a small problem. But nonetheless, Graces F's localization is a step in the right direction! Localizing LINK would be *much* cheaper, I would imagine. Thoughts?
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Yes, you are right, they have listened. This article about Namco Bandai’s decision to localize Tales Of Graces F is very interesting :
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/02/04/al ... -graces-f/

Next week, Siliconera will publish the complete interview, and they will talk about CyberConnect2... Maybe we will learn a little more about .hack//Link ?
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Well here's hoping. If they dont release Link within this year I have a feeling we wont get it at all especially with the fact of the new NGP plus i doubt Namco Bandai would want to translate a game over a year old by that point.
Ras

Post by Ras »

l agree about the fact that they are listening, but we'll need more fans for we have their anwser.