Usernames

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

Ratsu

Re: Usernames

Post by Ratsu »

nobodyknows wrote:
Ratsu wrote:No my friend... Bionicle (the toys at least) ENDED. :( I know all about Bionicles, they are continuing the novels but they have stopped production of the toys. (Was BIG on the bionicle forum BZpower.com, hell I was on it back when it was Bionicle zone comunity and Kanohi power.)
Really? Just last week I visited my friend, and he had a massive box of about 20-25 different figures, all of which were about the size of the original turaga, all of which are reincarnations of past Toa, Rakhshi e.t.c.
According to him they'd only been released a few weeks before he got them D:
Maybe the release dates are different in the U.S... I dunno... but my eyes weren't deceiving me when I saw that box :U
Well in the U.S. it ended. (Makes me so sad!) it ended with these.
http://bionicle.lego.com/en-us/products ... fault.aspx
They are the end to bionicle (which makes me sad because I Love them, but they are now doing these new "Hero Factory" thing which are made in the same style. http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Leaf.aspx?cn=635&d=70
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

Ratsu wrote:
nobodyknows wrote:
Ratsu wrote:No my friend... Bionicle (the toys at least) ENDED. :( I know all about Bionicles, they are continuing the novels but they have stopped production of the toys. (Was BIG on the bionicle forum BZpower.com, hell I was on it back when it was Bionicle zone comunity and Kanohi power.)
Really? Just last week I visited my friend, and he had a massive box of about 20-25 different figures, all of which were about the size of the original turaga, all of which are reincarnations of past Toa, Rakhshi e.t.c.
According to him they'd only been released a few weeks before he got them D:
Maybe the release dates are different in the U.S... I dunno... but my eyes weren't deceiving me when I saw that box :U
Well in the U.S. it ended. (Makes me so sad!) it ended with these.
http://bionicle.lego.com/en-us/products ... fault.aspx
They are the end to bionicle (which makes me sad because I Love them, but they are now doing these new "Hero Factory" thing which are made in the same style. http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Leaf.aspx?cn=635&d=70
Those are the figures that Scott had....
I guess I was right about the release dates being different then.
Also, f*ck hero factory D:<
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

I was really into GU when it was just coming out. I wanted to think of a cool Japanese name and Zelkova's Japanese name, Keyaki was the first to come to mind. And now it's been my alias ever since. Not just here but everywhere.
Last edited by Keyaki on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
haseoskeith

Post by haseoskeith »

nobodyknows wrote:
haseoskeith wrote:
Erranty wrote:
haseoskeith wrote:Tuurahk
Turok?
No. Just Tuurahk. A name I came up with while signing up for the PSN. I really couldn't think of anything, so I used a misspelled version of a LEGO character name.
Don't you mean Lego Technic? I'm sure that name's referring to one of the age old Bionicle heroes/ villains. dunno why though... maybe it's the 'Rahk' in 'Tuurahk' :x...

EDIT: Also, I'm curious about the character shown in your avatar :U
Yep, it's from Bionicle. More specifically, form the red Rahkshi, Turahk (very different innit?). I loved bionicle (and still do), but I don't collect them anymore. I stopped around the Piraka series, when the toys stopped having those mechanisms to start having battery-powered light swords... But I do own pretty much everything from the Toa Nuva series to the Toa Hordika

As for my avatar, that's Black Rock Shooter, form the anime OAV with the same name.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

@HaseoSkeith- I knew it! It must be from back in the day when I used to have Takanuva, and the brown rahkshi - can't remember it's name tho'...

Also, thanks for the info. I'll give it a look see :U

Finally, here's a gift to you all; youtube link
Listen to it at max volume.
Satisfaction -most likely- guaranteed.
Azure Kite

Post by Azure Kite »

I'm quite pleased with my username. 8)
hidora

Post by hidora »

I used to play a scenario on D&D called Tormenta. In this world, the blue dragon king is called Hydora. When I was signing in for Ragnarok Online (the first MMORPG I ever played), I tried using that name, but it was already taken. Then I just changed the Y for I and it worked. Ever since then I've been using this name on every site I sign in. Also, I've started using it as a sort of middlename since 2008 (cuz I had some family problems and now I refuse to use my real middlename >_>).
Saizou

Post by Saizou »

Recently, I've found that I share my name with a Getbackers character, and a...ninja cop?

I just picked it b/c it sounds cool...

Although, I've found that Saizou's usually my forum name, and Saiz is the name I use for characters..

If Saizou's taken, I slap XIII on the end of it.

...I need to read Getbackers.
Aru
OVANZILLA
OVANZILLA

Post by Aru »

I feel so lame now after reading everyone's meanings behind their name. >w>; Mine are never anything special or deep...

My current username is just the romanization of アルカード (or 'Arukado'), which is the Japanese name for the character Alucard of Castlevania. I've been a huge fan of Castlevania since I first played Symphony of the Night, and the character Alucard has always had a special place in my heart <3
Aru just became a nickname for me by anyone who didn't want to spell out "Arukado"...plus, it's just cuter~
I also go by Arukkie and Aruka if Aru or Arukado is taken. :/

As for other nicknames, I used to go by Dot (from the dot in .hack, lol), as well as its variations, and I've been using Frau-M- in some places recently. The 'M' stands for Mozart, btw. lol~
grave robbing adept rogue

Post by grave robbing adept rogue »

i just felt like coming up with a name reflecting .hack and something totally unrelated, it was originally supposed to be something like "Drunken midget fighting grave robbing adept rogue" but i didn't want to type it ( or offend anyone on the forums) and that's how this name was born.
Chaosbahamut123

Post by Chaosbahamut123 »

The origin of Chaosbahamut:

I was about 13, 14. Going through a hugely dark (not emotionally, just fashion/music/attitude) phase of my life. I like Bahamut. Chaos seemed like a good prefix. Then I grew up and realised it looked a bit stupid. But I could never bring myself to change it. Thus, Chaosbahamut is my default username for anything - except on dA where it's MangaDan, and Wikia where it's SkeithPunisher123 (again, born from a similar phase in my life). I guess it's more nostalgia that keeps me on this name, but I kinda like it. Gives me some recognition if I ever post somewhere I don't usually visit, and someone recognises my username from where I hold a little bit more popularity/notoriety/reknown/[insert synonym for reputation here].
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I decided to use my first name.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Kaori wrote:I decided to use my first name.
Well...That's very...creative. > >
Azure Flame Knight

Post by Azure Flame Knight »

I got mine from Azure Kite's full title. Kites my fav character
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:
Well I guess Kaori isnt my real first name, I simply had it legally changed because since I'm half japanese I always did like kaori as a first name, its just that with my job and my name put together my friends call me "Doc Naomi" and I somehow dont like the sound of it.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

My favorite word is "Advent" meaning "the coming of something". I joined this site sometime when winter was coming, so that's how it stuck.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Kaori wrote:
_Tri-edge_ wrote:
Well I guess Kaori isnt my real first name, I simply had it legally changed because since I'm half japanese I always did like kaori as a first name, its just that with my job and my name put together my friends call me "Doc Naomi" and I somehow dont like the sound of it.
True, for some reason hearing "Doctor Naomi" doesn't make me feel comfortable with my prostate. It kinda sounds like one of those evil genius names from 50's movies.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Advent_Winter wrote:My favorite word is "Advent" meaning "the coming of something". I joined this site sometime when winter was coming, so that's how it stuck.
Haha for some reason, i always thought advent was an awesome word as well. One of the reasons i bought advent rising for the xbox.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Erranty wrote:
Kaori wrote:
_Tri-edge_ wrote:
True, for some reason hearing "Doctor Naomi" doesn't make me feel comfortable with my prostate. It kinda sounds like one of those evil genius names from 50's movies.
Thats one of the reasons plus it kinda reminds me of "doc naomi" from metal gear.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Azure Kite wrote:I'm quite pleased with my username. 8)
-.-'' copycat