Usernames

Discuss anything here

Moderator: Moderators

N3IWVC

Usernames

Post by N3IWVC »

Sorry if there's already a topic for this but I searched and didn't find one. Anyway, I think it'd be interesting to know where people got their usernames from. Mine, is N3IWVC and if you were to turn your screen upside down it would read DAMIEN which is my first name. I know lame right... but is yours cooler? let us all know.
I am not liable for any damages to your screen if you did attempt to turn it over.
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Re: Usernames

Post by shugo_lover »

Nothing clever or special to mine at all. When joining I had first joined the only .hack// series I had watched was Legend of the Twilight. I'm not great at trying to think of usernames. So I though Shugo was awsome and was like, I'll just call my self Shugo_lover.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

N3IWVC wrote:I am not liable for any damages to your screen if you did attempt to turn it over.
TOO LATE TT^TT ...But your username is quite interesting and curious >3>

My username directly comes from Metal Gear Solid 3. By the time i joined a certain forum, i was obsessed with the character The Sorrow from that game, the way he spoke and appeared and all about him, and simply his name was so freaking amazing in my opinion (more than simply The Pain or The Fear....Sorrow is quite a great word in itself). So, i made that my username in that forum...and since then, TheSorrow/Sorrow has been my username all around the internet. Be it for forums, PS3 account, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook even, and any other place i could identify myself with a name, Sorrow is always the name i use. Every one of my internet friends knows me as "Sorrow", even though several of them know my real name, and even my girlfriend loves to call me "Sorrow-Kun" XD And so, when i found these forums, i already knew what username i wanted to have even before i wanted to join...and thankfully, this username was taken and i made it mine sometime in December 2006 :P

I am The Sorrow, and MGS3 is the one to originally blame for that c: lol
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

I wanted to remain anonymous. Always and forever. Unfortunately, anonymous wasn't a cool name in my book, so I called myself nobodyknows.
RF: It's apparently the name of a recently formed J-Rock group.. did I somehow inspire them to be?
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

You'll never know where I got my username from. :D
haseoxth
The Pain of Death
The Pain of Death
Location: I was told to go south,so I went where it was warmest,the sun.

Post by haseoxth »

Take a guess, a wild one. C'mon, it shouldn't be that hard.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

haseoxth wrote:Take a guess, a wild one. C'mon, it shouldn't be that hard.
Hmmmmm......It's on the tip of my tongue.....
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

The first time I ever used the word as a username I misspelled it with a "ty" thanks to the buttons on the keyboard being next to each other and just kept it that way because it made my username unique.

Errant: er·rant /ˈerənt/
1. Erring or straying from the proper course or standards. "He could never forgive his daughter's errant ways"
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Erranty wrote:The first time I ever used the word as a username I misspelled it with a "ty" thanks to the buttons on the keyboard being next to each other and just kept it that way because it made my username unique.

Errant: er·rant /ˈerənt/
1. Erring or straying from the proper course or standards. "He could never forgive his daughter's errant ways"
I'm so disillusioned, I always imagined it was supposed to be the opposite of a warranty, like some sort of guarantee that something would break. Good name, though.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

nobodyknows wrote:I wanted to remain anonymous. Always and forever. Unfortunately, anonymous wasn't a cool name in my book, so I called myself nobodyknows.
RF: It's apparently the name of a recently formed J-Rock group.. did I somehow inspire them to be?
Thats what i wanted to be. Mysterious and shady, but I doubt I pulled that off.
haseoskeith

Post by haseoskeith »

I can't really remember how I got mine. It is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo original and complex I don't even remember 8)
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

haseoskeith wrote:I can't really remember how I got mine. It is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo original and complex I don't even remember 8)
Smashed your face into the keyboard 20 times, then took every letter out of each prime numbers place, then rearranged it to sound like something asian?
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

Erranty wrote:
haseoskeith wrote:I can't really remember how I got mine. It is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo original and complex I don't even remember 8)
Smashed your face into the keyboard 20 times, then took every letter out of each prime numbers place, then rearranged it to sound like something asian?
I seriouslt know people that do that.
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

cool, we have some interesting names here. lol and if you're one of the people with a .hack name but maybe you have another username you use elsewhere you could tell us about that one. I actually haven't been using n3iwvc much at all lately. Einzeln has been my handle since I stopped using n3iwvc. It's a German word that translates into something like induvidual, single, solitary. But I mainly use it cause I like the german language and I think it sounds cool. It's a bit ironic though cause it gives an impression of badassitude but my personality is more like insane, mentally challenged, laid-back, cut-up.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Mine is obvious. I just replaced H with a rarely use letter for names in the English language.
Aera

Post by Aera »

Aera is the alias ive been using since middle school. Derived from Aero, meaning air, space, wind, etc.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Aera wrote:Aera is the alias ive been using since middle school. Derived from Aero, meaning air, space, wind, etc.
Ah, so its Aero with the Spanish "Male-Female" meaning swap.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

My sister used to call me Monkey, and then I was big into anime, so I put two and two together and voila!
To be honest, it's my least favorite username out of the ones I use. This is the only place where I'm Anime Monkey too.
Azure Knight
The Sasquatch King
The Sasquatch King

Post by Azure Knight »

Mine comes from a video game that none of you have probably heard of.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

One that I actually considered (and use for female MMO characters) is Noht, which is Nail in German.