Only 3 Episodes..

Aika

Only 3 Episodes..

Post by Aika »

Doubt they will ever be dubbed.. sigh T_T They really are being awful to us North American fans.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Re: Only 3 Episodes..

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I'd say give it time. You really can't tell, especially since Quantum's not even out yet.

And the other thing about "only three episodes" is we don't know how long each episode will be. They could be standard 25 minutes, or they could be an hour long, or who knows really.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It'll almost certainly make it over in some form, and it might stand a better chance of dubbing than Returner since there aren't any returning voices in the main cast.
haseoskeith

Post by haseoskeith »

Don't complain... European and Australian fans have it worse... we haven't seen squat since IMOQ ended. If it is dubbed, I hope it is with a good cast behind it. And IF there are returning characters (or so it would seem from the trailer), I hope they use the original voices rather than new ones... That goes for the Japanese version too.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

I'd rather have three good episodes than 20+ mediocre ones.
Fallacy

Post by Fallacy »

haseoskeith wrote:Don't complain... European and Australian fans have it worse... we haven't seen squat since IMOQ ended. If it is dubbed, I hope it is with a good cast behind it. And IF there are returning characters (or so it would seem from the trailer), I hope they use the original voices rather than new ones... That goes for the Japanese version too.
I still can't understand and will never forgive namaco/bandai for not bringing GU to Europe, not even the UK. Though thankfully Beez are doing well, roots boxset just released with trilogy sub DVD next month. I'm just really hoping that what with trilogy being licensed and the link manga licensed it means, despite the game not being, the anime will.

3 really high quality episodes would be better than 26 poor ones (its already beaten Legend of Twilight anime!). But I just hope they're longer episodes, and the lack of episodes doesn't impact the soundtrack.
d5t

Post by d5t »

cough *roots*
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

FLCL has surely made a name for itself with just 6
A.R.T

Post by A.R.T »

Does anyone remember a little ole series called Liminality? Quality over quantity my dear. It was 4 episodes but turned out great...and it has SIGN quality animation, which I adore. And the lil ole Macha cat character rocks.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

That's a good point, I kinda forgot about Liminality there for a second. lol FLCL's another good example.
d5t wrote:cough *roots*
You know what I have to do, right? The obligatory "B(".

So... B(
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

ONLIIIIIIIIIIIINE JAAAAAAAAAAACK~!
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Quality > Quantity
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

It will get subbed and that is enough. Let's face it, a lot of people don't even watch the dubs anyway. They just download the fansub, watch it, and forget about it until they dig it out of their archive sometime down the road to rewatch it.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

I hope they will be about a hour each. If it doesn't go worldwide then Youtube is our friend. At least .hack stuff isn't getting taken down for copyright issues.
A.R.T

Post by A.R.T »

Liminality's first episode is 45 minutes long as I recall but I wouldn't expect it to be any longer than the standard 22 minutes for each episode. Think of this as "The World R:X-The One Sin" movie with a .hack story in there.:P
coslink

Post by coslink »

haseoskeith wrote:Don't complain... European and Australian fans have it worse... we haven't seen squat since IMOQ ended. If it is dubbed, I hope it is with a good cast behind it. And IF there are returning characters (or so it would seem from the trailer), I hope they use the original voices rather than new ones... That goes for the Japanese version too.
Exactly! I'm from the EU, and the developers forgot all about us for the g.u. games. (Probualy due to too many langs to translate and less consumers) But it was a shame. I've now bought them all and use an alternative way to play them.

(Yet saying that, .hack// roots has just released a UK box set:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/hack-Roots-Anim ... 080&sr=8-1

Even if it dosn't get dubbed, someone will sub it online. I'm sure it'll have a dvd release.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:I'd rather have three good episodes than 20+ mediocre ones.
So this! I'll take 3 high quality OVA's over 13 or 20+ poorly written fan service episodes any day of the week!
azureeagle
Ride on Shooting Star
Ride on Shooting Star

Post by azureeagle »

Well, each Liminality episode was close to almost an hour so a single OAV could be as long as around an hour to 90 min, since it's only 3 episodes and the fact that it may feature other .hack characters.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

That was really only the first one, which kinda made up for the game being shorter...
azureeagle
Ride on Shooting Star
Ride on Shooting Star

Post by azureeagle »

I guess you could think about that as well. But then again you never know what CC corp's gonna throw at us.