Original .hack games

Tack

Original .hack games

Post by Tack »

So I was wondering what's the point of inserting the flags from the old games into G.U. Do the old characters show up  other then Haseo and is En really Elk or just a coincidence? and can you play them like you could with the sign characters at the end? Or do they only exist in emails?

So I'll be fighting Hiro? ^_^

That's going to be awesome.
Last edited by Tack on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Original .hack games

Post by Kuukai »

It's just the emails and the name of the final boss, which is whatever you named Kite.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Just what Kuukai said, and i think you get some few extra items/money too. No secret characters unlocked or rare unique weapon or anything like that. Though the 2 certain e-mails you can unlock are quite interesting to read :P They don't give you anything nor help you understand anything better...but are interesting nonetheless.
hidora

Post by hidora »

TheSorrow wrote:Though the 2 certain e-mails you can unlock are quite interesting to read :P They don't give you anything nor help you understand anything better...but are interesting nonetheless.
Actually, there are 3 e-mails. The third one is like this (on spoilers, just in case >_>):

Hokuto says "Did I accidentally send you an e-mail meant for someone else?! I’m terribly sorry for the intrusion! Please ignore it!"
Tack

Post by Tack »

The one so far was
Akira emailing someone(?) talking about how she isn't letting Kazu online. I know she's his big sister and all and especially what happened, but that's a bit overprotective don't you think? Or was about it him trying to get into high school or college which is a big deal in Japan I think.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I'm not sure, but I think the email BlackRose sends is the same as the one she sends Kite at the end of QUARANTINE... I'd have to compare and contrast to find out, but I do know that they have the same love confession at the end.
Tack

Post by Tack »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:I'm not sure, but I think the email BlackRose sends is the same as the one she sends Kite at the end of QUARANTINE... I'd have to compare and contrast to find out, but I do know that they have the same love confession at the end.
So how are you getting these emails? They "accidently" send it to you? because I got one apologizing that they sent it to the wrong person.

For those who play MMORPGs, can this happen easily?
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Yes. It can also happen with any basic form of communication, like texting, but I'm pretty sure these emails were just easter eggs for those who had played the original four games.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

In the Japanese version the Hokuto one came from fragment savedata...