Movies and music

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

Tack

Movies and music

Post by Tack »

This is a problem I've had for a while now, I've gone and beat all the games include Cubia and the final Wave and that's it. The problem is I don't have all of the movies, so is it still possible to obtain them all, or do I need to play through the WHOLE thing again? The last one I have is movie 100 which is the argument between Black Rose and Terajima Ryoko (and a giant gap inbetween and after).

Same with the movies, I don't have the last batch including the final battle.

Can anyone help me, or is this hopeless? :/
N3IWVC

Re: Movies and music

Post by N3IWVC »

there's actually two requirements for the cutscene vids. 1: see them in game 2: unlock them via ryubook. and since you've apparently seen them all from beating the game. just go do some ryubook stuff.
Tack

Post by Tack »

N3IWVC wrote:there's actually two requirements for the cutscene vids. 1: see them in game 2: unlock them via ryubook. and since you've apparently seen them all from beating the game. just go do some ryubook stuff.
The problem is it's all hunt stuff down or create a certain grunty. Level grinding was better then this. :?

Oh well...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

It's not that hard, really, just time consuming. FAQs could help you, especially for the grunty-raising since they tell you the exact "recipe" to get any grunty you'd want :D http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/589682-hack ... art-4/faqs

I don't remember if i actually unlocked all the videos myself...but, i don't remember having troubles with it, and i think i fully completed the Ryu Books too, so yep, i guess i did unlock them all.
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

I still have a file with Mistral's Item King background unlocked. 100% completed everything. good stuff. not too difficult as he said. just takes some time.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

TheSorrow wrote:
I don't remember if i actually unlocked all the videos myself...but, i don't remember having troubles with it, and i think i fully completed the Ryu Books too, so yep, i guess i did unlock them all.
You can complete the books without unlocking them all.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Tolby wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:
You can complete the books without unlocking them all.
What are the other requirements to unlock all the videos, if not advancing through the story and completing the Ryu Books then?
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

The SIGN flashbacks/memory streams or whatever are unlocked by the item completion event. Assuming you also did the little mini quest to see them in game.
Tack

Post by Tack »

Tolby wrote:The SIGN flashbacks/memory streams or whatever are unlocked by the item completion event. Assuming you also did the little mini quest to see them in game.
How do you activate them and how many are there? I always assumed they were random or or just had be in the right place at the right time. :?
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Honestly I don't remember exactly. You can probably find a faq that'll tell you the details. I think after a certain point they are unlocked and you just have to Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground to see them. Then you can see fragments around town for additional items.
Tack

Post by Tack »

Tolby wrote:Honestly I don't remember exactly. You can probably find a faq that'll tell you the details. I think after a certain point they are unlocked and you just have to Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground to see them. Then you can see fragments around town for additional items.
How many are there anyway, I think I got Tsukasa's, Crim's, and Sora's maybe Subaru's .

And what is the point of the item at the end, does it unlock there character to play at the end, or is it just to mark the occastion? And do we have to keep the Grunties they give us too?