Logging back in.

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Logging back in.

Post by TheSorrow »

Hard mode of SMT: Devil Summoner. First encounter after tutorial. Zombie attacks. One-Hit KO. Game Over.
...That HAS to be illegal, or just against some sort of rule or whatever, even for the gaming world. Sure it's "Hard" mode, but that's just beyond anything i've ever seen...OHKO on the very first battle? LOL No way i'm ever touching that...i might be a gaming knight, but not some freaking RPG Super Ultimate God Beyond All Godly Gods O_x'
And as for the strategy part of .hack//QUARANTINE, it's pretty tough to strategize when you're surrounded by 15-20 enemies that deal like 50dmg per hit to your HP somewhere in the range of 3000-5000 (hitting multiple times, mind you) and take barely any damage in return... it's futile to attempt spellcasting because the only spellcasting you CAN do when you're ambushed like that is spamming Repth spells so that you don't immediately die...
Uh...you strategize so you're NEVER caught in a battle against 15 Liches or something...actually, i don't think you get to be against more than 10 enemies at once, even on the field. And you don't fight against that much enemies on the dungeons...only like 5 or 6 at the very most, and that's in the rooms with 2 magic portals. You're just exaggerating ~3~ And you don't really have to spam spells or anything...if all else fails, give yourself a Speed Charm and GTFO of there, healing Kite at least, and then try to take the enemies from a distance...or just wait until they kill the others, revive them, and attack once again, quick now before they do XD lol
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...Yeah, for some reason I still can't get into IMOQ even though I'm not even going up against that many challenges right now >_<

Level 96, got -200 EXP from a Data Drain but still level 96... and I quit after beating the second Netslum dungeon. *sigh*

For such an awesome, hyped and well-loved game (that was my first dothack game mind you, I didn't even know G.U. existed at first), how does it manage to be so... BORING? Ugh, I think something's wrong with me...
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:For such an awesome, hyped and well-loved game (that was my first dothack game mind you, I didn't even know G.U. existed at first), how does it manage to be so... BORING? Ugh, I think something's wrong with me...
I do prefer G.U.'s gameplay, myself (Mind you, I only played a little bit of Infection from the original series though so naturally I've spent more time with G.U.) I know the whole skill trigger invincibility thing takes some hate, but the thing is, it keeps battles fast paced and interesting while still letting you take a few seconds to think "hit what with which move?" if you need it. It's nice since although playing offensively is very nice (rengeki) playing defensively works very nice as well (Skill Trigger counter) and you're basically free to play however you want, with the exception of being limited to Haseo's weaponry.

And that was another thing I liked more, I'm a very fickle guy and I HATE only playing one class. Its monotonous and boring and tedious! Ask anyone who played WoW. Some of them get a few characters to 15-20 to pick one as a main and then level that main to the maximum level. I had a level 43 main and a level 30+ of every other class back when I played. Point being, as much as I'd love to play through IMOQ, I would NEED to use codes to play as non-Kite characters or I will not last till the end of Mutation.

But enough about the gameplay... the story is what counts, right?
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Story's what counts, yeah, but it doesn't matter if you can't progress the damn story XD
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Go in about 5 levels above your head. Find a place with [Element] Maidens. Use the opposite element and rape them.

Lanceor Ch on Dark Maidens equals 220 exp x4 after only one [really fast acting] spell cast.

96 to 100 just go to the endgame data bug dungeons and kill Guardians for 220-540 exp.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

If you're trying to make the game more fun for me, you're not succeeding. Easy enemies are tough to come by in higher areas, and then there's the problem of tedium...
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

They really aren't hard to come by. Not until like 96 or 97. Which is why I said Guardians which are still about 220-540 at those levels. I don't know if I still have it but I had a video of me at lvl 90 (and Elk like 88) raping lvl 95ish Maidens in the manner I just said.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I'd appreciate it if you'd give me areas to look into... I'm not really that good with finding areas, and I hate fields >_<

Also, TEDIUM.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

When you level up every 5 monsters it goes by fast.

Um for Guardians just go to the last set of Data Bug dungeons. The ones the inhabitants of Net Slum gave you. It will be on story mission history and say "Keywords given to you by Dorin/Tartuga/so on/and/ so forth.

For Maidens (which probably arent that useful at 96, though they still might give decent exp in groups) just go to high levels and run with speed charms. Trip a bunch of portals and see if they are common in that area. You don't need to go into the dungeons themselves. Just the top ground.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...Interestingly, I just went to two of the Netslum dungeons and I didn't encounter a single Guardian XD

Yeah, I think I'd have to pick an area and stick with it for the Maidens, it's easier to level up fighting with a single element XD
bloodcandylove

Post by bloodcandylove »

Ranylyn wrote:
I do prefer G.U.'s gameplay, myself (Mind you, I only played a little bit of Infection from the original series though so naturally I've spent more time with G.U.) I know the whole skill trigger invincibility thing takes some hate, but the thing is, it keeps battles fast paced and interesting while still letting you take a few seconds to think "hit what with which move?" if you need it. It's nice since although playing offensively is very nice (rengeki) playing defensively works very nice as well (Skill Trigger counter) and you're basically free to play however you want, with the exception of being limited to Haseo's weaponry.

And that was another thing I liked more, I'm a very fickle guy and I HATE only playing one class. Its monotonous and boring and tedious! Ask anyone who played WoW. Some of them get a few characters to 15-20 to pick one as a main and then level that main to the maximum level. I had a level 43 main and a level 30+ of every other class back when I played. Point being, as much as I'd love to play through IMOQ, I would NEED to use codes to play as non-Kite characters or I will not last till the end of Mutation.

But enough about the gameplay... the story is what counts, right?
Potentially stupid question: are there cheat codes that let you play as a non-Kite character?
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

Probably, with a cheat device. I can play as anyone in G.U. with codes so why not IMOQ?
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

It's possible that the games are entirely different code-wise... not to mention, it really wouldn't be any more interesting to play as any other class in IMOQ, because they all seem to have rather dull control schemes. :\

Personally, I'd rather play as Kite than anyone else, because at least he has somewhat decent attack rates.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:It's possible that the games are entirely different code-wise... not to mention, it really wouldn't be any more interesting to play as any other class in IMOQ, because they all seem to have rather dull control schemes. :\

Personally, I'd rather play as Kite than anyone else, because at least he has somewhat decent attack rates.
And Data Drain. :P
hidora

Post by hidora »

TheSorrow wrote:
Hard mode of SMT: Devil Summoner. First encounter after tutorial. Zombie attacks. One-Hit KO. Game Over.
...That HAS to be illegal, or just against some sort of rule or whatever, even for the gaming world. Sure it's "Hard" mode, but that's just beyond anything i've ever seen...OHKO on the very first battle? LOL No way i'm ever touching that...i might be a gaming knight, but not some freaking RPG Super Ultimate God Beyond All Godly Gods O_x'
To play the Hard mode on Devil Summoner you must finish the game first. On Hard mode, all enemies inflict 7 times more damage on you, you inflict half damage on enemies, items are 3 times more expensive and it takes 30x the time needed to escape from battles. It's a mode for masochists, I guess. I didn't even end chapter 1 on Hard mode and stopped playing...
GyppyGirl2021 wrote:...Interestingly, I just went to two of the Netslum dungeons and I didn't encounter a single Guardian XD
I think Guardians appear at Omega: Dreaming Moonlit Gravestone and Omega: Splendid Emerald Nobleman. Use Data Drain on it and you'll fight The Bracelet, a Lv99 monster with a glitch that makes it cast two spells at the same time (it's rare, but it happens). Yeah, I have a grudge against it -3-
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Guardians appear in all of the areas linked by the Netslum inhabitants before fighting Cubia. And The Bracelet doesn't just have assholish spellcasting - its melee attacks have killed me on a few occasions.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

And The Bracelet doesn't just have assholish spellcasting - its melee attacks have killed me on a few occasions.
Completely agreed. Sure, the spells are very tough, but a bit predictable, while the attack hits for like 2000-3000 damage as it's a constant bouncing/spinning/whatever-it-does, and it's VERY unpredictable; sure, won't hit you at all if you're any far away, but if you're close for long, you'll be soon dead before you realize it x_X

So overall...the best and most helpful thing you could do in Quarantine is NOT to data drain The Guardian. Unless you want a big challenge...that sure enough, comes with a great reward, but that's if you can beat it D8' lol
hidora

Post by hidora »

TheSorrow wrote:
And The Bracelet doesn't just have assholish spellcasting - its melee attacks have killed me on a few occasions.
Completely agreed. Sure, the spells are very tough, but a bit predictable, while the attack hits for like 2000-3000 damage as it's a constant bouncing/spinning/whatever-it-does, and it's VERY unpredictable; sure, won't hit you at all if you're any far away, but if you're close for long, you'll be soon dead before you realize it x_X
Yeah, that sucks badly if you go solo like I liked to do =/
TheSorrow wrote:So overall...the best and most helpful thing you could do in Quarantine is NOT to data drain The Guardian. Unless you want a big challenge...that sure enough, comes with a great reward, but that's if you can beat it D8' lol
I think the only monster that gave me more than 1 EXP when I was Lv98 was The Bracelet (he gave 70 EXP, IIRC), so you may want to fight it for the EXP.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Yea. You need to data drain it. I lost my flash drive. But really Elk solves everything.

Kite and Blackrose DP the guardian while Elk heals.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

TheSorrow wrote:So overall...the best and most helpful thing you could do in Quarantine is NOT to data drain The Guardian. Unless you want a big challenge...that sure enough, comes with a great reward, but that's if you can beat it D8' lol
If you use a weapon that has a Death ability on it (such as Sora's blades) then you can take 'em down with a fair bit of ease. I say it's worth it for the crap-ton of experience you gain.