Unused data?

Uberlisten

Re: Unused data?

Post by Uberlisten »

Good point, I guess I can't let go of how much I'd love this for to actually go online. ;o;'

and yeah, it greyed out their name with offline under it.

But still, just imagine the greatness of .hack if it developed into a fully functional online MMORPG

I know i'd go crazy.
TheSorrow wrote:
Uberlisten wrote:@ the online thing

Maybe at some point it was actually intended for online use?

Idk, but if that's the case that would be awesome :^D
Freaking low chance about it, considering that there's no other information regarding online gameplay in ALL the G.U. files, and if they had any intention of online gaming, enough to take it to developing an "Online" image, then you should be able to find ALOT MORE information than just a little icon, especially in the Rebirth text files which contain quite the amount of secrets we never saw in the game (Arena...TT^TT)...but, there's nothing about it D:

I still think that such Online image was a "Beta" icon-thing to be displayed in the Member Addresses section, which would either be blank or say "On Line" depending of the player's status. It's been so long since i played so i don't remember well...but i think that instead of using such image, they used simple "Online/Offline" text messages, and grayed out the names of those Offline.
jvkdsh

Re: Unused data?

Post by jvkdsh »

after looking at the prototype G.U trailer i came to a realization

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9uE1h3r2fE

it seems those dummied out images[only two] are at 1:12 and 4:06 i even begin to question why its even in the data in the first place