Rekindled love for .hack

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

netslums

Rekindled love for .hack

Post by netslums »

So, it's been about 3 years since I've played the original .hack games, and I found myself playing it yesterday. I have now fallen back in love with the games. Every time I'm out and about, everything reminds me of .hack. Does anyone else feel this way, or am I going insane?
Mistral's_Man

Re: Rekindled love for .hack

Post by Mistral's_Man »

Sort of a...dumb question, I think.
You've just developed a crush on a video-game series...No...Not insane at all...
(edges away slowly.)
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I go to a school that has the initials "CCC". Instantly that makes me think of "CC Corp".

So no, you are not the only one. I am constantly finding things that remind me of .hack, because I'm just that much of a nerd.
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

I dunno the .hack stuff didn't really effect me that much.
Don't get me wrong, I'm obsessed...but the series that had my mind for so long was...dare I say it...Final Fantasy.
Growing up in a slummy city...It's a lot like Midgar..
netslums

Post by netslums »

Yeah, it seems like every time i see the copyright logo on the names of companies i think of CC Corp. Haha. It doesn't even make much sense. I think the strangest thing though is when i first met my girlfriend 3 years ago, she had .hack//Enemy cards in her closet and i asked her about it and she said "Oh, yeah, my dad got them for me once... for some reason i never threw them away." Little did she know that i was a HUGE .hack fan. lol
netslums

Post by netslums »

Mistral's_Man wrote:I dunno the .hack stuff didn't really effect me that much.
Don't get me wrong, I'm obsessed...but the series that had my mind for so long was...dare I say it...Final Fantasy.
Growing up in a slummy city...It's a lot like Midgar..
I know that feeling. Passing by every manhole, or shady ally. lol One time i even saw a big black guy in the street with a machine gun hand.....haha just kidding....or am i? :)
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

When I'm deep in an obsession, anything and everything can remind me of it. Recently I was looking through the script for Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, and noticed that Priscilla's father was "Count Caerleon". It instantly made me think of Caerleon Medb in .hack//G.U. :P
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

netslums wrote:So, it's been about 3 years since I've played the original .hack games, and I found myself playing it yesterday. I have now fallen back in love with the games. Every time I'm out and about, everything reminds me of .hack. Does anyone else feel this way, or am I going insane?
-I play "Rengeki Tag" with my siblings.
-I pretty much earned the right to be called the "Terror of Death" at my school.
-I sometimes monolouge and role-play about awakening an avatar
-I made a twilight bracelet out of blue and turqoise painted cardbard, with a built in motor to make it open up and spin as if I was performing Data Drain
-I kick almost everything that needs opening
-Named my cat Cubia
-Nicknamed my PS3 "Shino"
-Made a kite out of orange, yellow, and red sheets
-Freaked out my grandmother by ghostly exhaling and heavy breathing
-Plan on calling my son, if I have one, Haseo.

Yeah, you're totally not insane.
netslums

Post by netslums »

Advent_Winter wrote:
netslums wrote:So, it's been about 3 years since I've played the original .hack games, and I found myself playing it yesterday. I have now fallen back in love with the games. Every time I'm out and about, everything reminds me of .hack. Does anyone else feel this way, or am I going insane?
-I pretty much earned the right to be called the "Terror of Death" at my school.
-I sometimes monolouge and role-play about awakening an avatar
-I made a twilight bracelet out of blue and turqoise painted cardbard, with a built in motor to make it open up and spin as if I was performing Data Drain
-I kick almost everything that needs opening
-Named my cat Cubia
-Nicknamed my PS3 "Shino"
-Made a kite out of orange, yellow, and red sheets
-Freaked out my grandmother by ghostly exhaling and heavy breathing
-Plan on calling my son, if I have one, Haseo.

Yeah, you're totally not insane.
How much would it cost me to have you make me one of those bracelets? Haha thats probably the coolest thing i have heard all week.

I have a bird named Balmung. I figured a bird has wings, and Balmung has wings....so why not?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Everytime i look at the word "hack", i instantly think of the series instead of any other meaning of the word, which confuses me easily. And also, everytime i see a MMO, i ask and view stuff on it while trying to compare it to The World, also wondering if events that happen in The World also would happen there XD

Other than that, it's only random minor times when i relate things to .Hack, and i don't think it's often since i don't remember any right now. I don't think i can relate things around me to a videogame since i already relate my WHOLE life to a videogame...with objectives, HP bars, boss battles, dungeons, enemies and allies, even trophies as of lately, etc >->'
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

Advent_Winter wrote:

-Named my cat Cubia
Rengeki Tag? Sounds amazing.

And last year for Christmas I got a cavamo puppy...Her name's Atoli...No joke.
netslums

Post by netslums »

I just beat Mutation earlier today (I'm making my way from Infection all the way to Redemption). I also just bought the newest .hack graphic novel, Alcor. I haven't read it yet...plan on doing that tonight, as well as playing some Outbreak. I'm dreading the day when I beat Redemption again. I remember the first time I completed each .hack series. I felt so lonely and depressed. I slept all day and didn't eat for days. Did anyone else have this feeling? The feeling that there was no longer a purpose to life? Please someone say yes, or else I'm going to have to call the hospital and have someone come and take me away to a padded cell.
Smitts

Post by Smitts »

Nothing like that.
What I felt was the same as I felt with Harry Potter and Final Fantasy X and IX.
A feeling of greed and wanting more.

It's like a never ending story. The World, the magical world, final fantasy. Those tales go on and those worlds will always exist. There is no definite ending really.

Unless we start getting very, very technical. Let's not. :)
netslums

Post by netslums »

Smitts wrote:Nothing like that.
What I felt was the same as I felt with Harry Potter and Final Fantasy X and IX.
A feeling of greed and wanting more.

It's like a never ending story. The World, the magical world, final fantasy. Those tales go on and those worlds will always exist. There is no definite ending really.

Unless we start getting very, very technical. Let's not. :)
Oh crap...thanks alot man, you just reminded me that im gonna cry whenever the final Harry Potter movie comes out. I LOVE Harry Potter. Final Fantasy X is also my favorite Final Fantasy game of all time....of course, Final Fantasy XIII isnt out yet, and im still awaiting the more anticipated title, Final Fantasy Versus XIII.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Hey, I've beaten .hack//G.U. about 8 times now. Who says you can't do the same? :P

And... wtf, Advent_Winter o_o
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I've recently rekindled my .hack love as well, though not to the crazy extent. Just playing the games again. 125 hours into Quarantine. Just beat it, about to do Mia's dungeon again. Such bad memories of that place..

Gonna try to play through G.U. again without being so harsh on it. Now seeing how harsh people are being on Link I'd like to think I'm not that irrationally harsh on G.U.

I tried to start with G.U., but got bored too fast and IMOQ kept staring at me. Man, when I played through IMOQ again something lit up inside me. For awhile I was letting fanboys get to me, thinking IMOQ isn't as great as I thought it was. Maybe I just liked the story entry, but no... amazing game. Love everything about it. It has gotten me so excited for Link. There better be some amazing happy endings in that game and not just in some Japan only info book.
netslums

Post by netslums »

Tolby wrote:I've recently rekindled my .hack love as well, though not to the crazy extent. Just playing the games again. 125 hours into Quarantine. Just beat it, about to do Mia's dungeon again. Such bad memories of that place..

Gonna try to play through G.U. again without being so harsh on it. Now seeing how harsh people are being on Link I'd like to think I'm not that irrationally harsh on G.U.

I tried to start with G.U., but got bored too fast and IMOQ kept staring at me. Man, when I played through IMOQ again something lit up inside me. For awhile I was letting fanboys get to me, thinking IMOQ isn't as great as I thought it was. Maybe I just liked the story entry, but no... amazing game. Love everything about it. It has gotten me so excited for Link. There better be some amazing happy endings in that game and not just in some Japan only info book.
Hold on, are you saying that there are people out there who are HARSH towards .hack G.U.? Who the hell are these people?! How could someone NOT like G.U.?! I love ALL .hack games, and i am very excited for Link. Though, ill have to get a new battery for my PSP, mine has been drained and now only lasts for about 30 minutes. Thats simply not enough time for me and .hack. :)
Smitts

Post by Smitts »

netslums wrote:
Tolby wrote:I've recently rekindled my .hack love as well, though not to the crazy extent. Just playing the games again. 125 hours into Quarantine. Just beat it, about to do Mia's dungeon again. Such bad memories of that place..

Hold on, are you saying that there are people out there who are HARSH towards .hack G.U.? Who the hell are these people?! How could someone NOT like G.U.?! I love ALL .hack games, and i am very excited for Link. Though, ill have to get a new battery for my PSP, mine has been drained and now only lasts for about 30 minutes. Thats simply not enough time for me and .hack. :)
When I first started playing the G.U. series I was a bit iffy on it.
The cut scenes and the voices were just...eh.

I liked the battle in it but as far as the story went for the first volume...it didn't really catch me like IMOQ and I was feeling let down.
I continued to play the other two volumes of G.U. and at the end of vol.2 I came to appreciate it more.
By the end of the final game of G.U. I pretty much loved it.
I still value IMOQ over G.U. though due to the story line and the characters and everything.

In my opinion though, the way the battle fights go on G.U. is a lot funner. Especially the avatar battles.
G.U. game series was way too easy though.
I felt like IMOQ was so much higher up in difficulty.

I wish I could try out LINK but I don't own a PSP and I don't plan on owning one anytime soon.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I liked the battle in it but as far as the story went for the first volume...it didn't really catch me like IMOQ and I was feeling let down.
I continued to play the other two volumes of G.U. and at the end of vol.2 I came to appreciate it more.
By the end of the final game of G.U. I pretty much loved it.
I still value IMOQ over G.U. though due to the story line and the characters and everything.

In my opinion though, the way the battle fights go on G.U. is a lot funner. Especially the avatar battles.
G.U. game series was way too easy though.
I felt like IMOQ was so much higher up in difficulty.
I completely agree with you. I wasn't harsh towards GU, in fact i had GREAT expectations on it, and had the mentallity that it was going to be superior than IMOQ...but as i played the games, i was disappointed in some things, and by the end i loved the games but got the feeling that they could do far more, and it wasn't as great as i expected it to be; still a great game series and one that i enjoyed and still enjoy so much...but, they missed alot, while in IMOQ i actually got far more than i expected and was fully satisfied by it, in all gameplay, story, graphics, music and even difficulty.

And i've noticed that the people who love GU so much and also love IMOQ but don't find it as "interesting" or "cool", are the very same people who have very high expectations of LINK. And meanwhile, the people who followed the series since the very beginning and enjoyed IMOQ far more, are heavily disappointed by LINK so far, and would still play it and all, but aren't as cheerful or interested in it, and would rather just end the series at GU or even IMOQ >3>'
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

TheSorrow wrote:And i've noticed that the people who love GU so much and also love IMOQ but don't find it as "interesting" or "cool", are the very same people who have very high expectations of LINK. And meanwhile, the people who followed the series since the very beginning and enjoyed IMOQ far more, are heavily disappointed by LINK so far, and would still play it and all, but aren't as cheerful or interested in it, and would rather just end the series at GU or even IMOQ >3>'
I take it I'm the exception that proves the rule? IMO, G.U. > IMOQ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LINK.

Actually, let me fix that. G.U. > IMO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LINK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Q