Help with Completing the Game

Absent Wish

Help with Completing the Game

Post by Absent Wish »

Hey everyone. I recently started a new game on the series because I wanted to see what it was like beating the game again. I also wanted to beat the game completely which meant max affection, the entire collection of Books of 1000 completed, max skills, and all the side quests finished. I'm extremely close to finishing the first volume but I've encountered some problems. As of now, I'm trying to complete the Lucky Animal Campaign, Bikman's poster, the Item Book of 1000 (where you have to collect every single item in the game), and the Driving Book of 1000 (where you have to drive around on the field). I've been trying to finish up the Lucky Animal Campaign but there's some weird problem; It says I've kicked 43/50 Lucky Animals and I've collected all of the Lucky Animals so far. I've gone to several fields and kicked at least 10 Lucky Animals and when I returned to Dr. Pao, the number remains the same. Is there something I have to do specifically?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Help with Completing the Game

Post by TheSorrow »

Seems like you've been victim of that glitch in Rebirth called "Lucky Animal Glitch". The glitch happens once you've kicked all the Lucky Animals in the list, which for some reason, causes the "times kicked" bar to freeze. There isn't any problem when you've kicked 50 animals already, since after all, the bar won't move anymore then, but if you've kicked less than 50 when you complete the Lucky Animals list, it won't register anymore kicks and you'll be unable to get to 50 kicks for the rest of the game, with no way to fix it.

But don't worry about it, since the rewards you get by kicking the animals a certain number of times are all common items you can get elsewhere...i think the reward for 50 kicks is just a Fire Resist Seal. So, even if you've gotten the glitch, you can continue getting the rest of the items in the game and everything else you'd be missing for the Ryu Books, without worrying about missing any item because of the kicks.
Absent Wish

Post by Absent Wish »

O dang it. :[ O well. thanks for letting me know! I appreciate it! I was trying to find out what was wrong but now I know. :) Is there a similar problem in Volume 2 and 3? Cause if there is, I need to be more careful.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Nope, not that i know of at least. There are many glitches in all games, and some things which aren't exactly glitches but weren't exactly made to function like that, but as far as i remember, this Lucky Animal glitch is the only glitch that would interfere with getting items or completing the game, and even so it's not that bad since it doesn't lock out any "unique" equipment. The glitch is also fixed in Reminisce and Redemption, but just to be sure, i'd recommend you to first complete all the needed kicks, and then focus on getting the list completed :P
Absent Wish

Post by Absent Wish »

Whew. Okay that's good news. Thanks again for the help then! :]

I know this is a noob question...but does anyone know where the Medic Guild shop is? I know there's the main guilds are in the fountain area; is that where the Medic Guild is at?