Outlook

What do you think about listening to OST?

Its great!
100%
Its kinda stupid if you ask me......
No votes
Whats OST?
No votes

Total votes: 20

Stryke

Outlook

Post by Stryke »

Now, I like the music from .Hack . But the thing is, most of my friends and all of my familiy think I'm sorta wierd because I'm listening to Japanese music, where I can't understand a single word. Do you have this same problem? What do you think about listening to OST?
ZKR

Post by ZKR »

...is there any japanese in any of the songs of .hack? Well, I'm talking about the //SIGN OST.

All of the songs I have that have lyrics have english lyrics to them...though I guess in some parts it does sound like Japanese voices singing.

Heheh. I'd never admit to listening to and enjoying .hack music to most of my friends or family..because..I'd sound really dorky ^^;
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

I know, oh and the theme song is in English, but the ending themes are always Japanese.
seraph

Post by seraph »

I really like the OST, it's one of the few CDs I've actually bought.
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

Yeah im in the same boat my friends and family think that im weird beacuse i dont understand the language. I like it primarely cause I can visualize seens from the show or movie..etc when the music is palying.
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

I enjoy listening to OSTs of anime and video games. A couple of my favorites are the .hack// soundtracks and especially the Metal Gear soundtracks. IMO, Harry-Gregson Williams is a genius

I don't see why your friends would think it's wierd. All OSTs are, are songs that were used in a movie or game. Next time you see them listening to music, tell thme their listening to an OST because chances are, there are a few movies their music has been used in.
Arkada

Re: Outlook

Post by Arkada »

Stryke wrote:Now, I like the music from .Hack . But the thing is, most of my friends and all of my familiy think I'm sorta wierd because I'm listening to Japanese music, where I can't understand a single word. Do you have this same problem? What do you think about listening to OST?
It's not that way for me, half of the OST's that I listen to don't have lyrics at all so my family doesen't think that it's Japanese. and even with the .Hack OST's a good chunk of the lyrical music is english anyways.
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

Same here, but my family thinks I'm wierd cause I'm listening to a song In Japanese lol. We'll that, and the fact that I can sing along in Japanese if I wanted to (I don't, but because of my memory I can sing it and sound very similiar to the wordds)
Jordy

Post by Jordy »

really where did you learn to do that? Yeah moost of my music doesnt have lyrics eather
Arkada

Post by Arkada »

Stryke wrote:We'll that, and the fact that I can sing along in Japanese if I wanted to (I don't, but because of my memory I can sing it and sound very similiar to the wordds)
The same thing happens to me. Sometimes Im listening to Edge, I start singing then wonder what the heck am I saying. most of it sounds right though.
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

Ya I sometimes wonder what the hell I'm saying lol.
Hidden Blade

Post by Hidden Blade »

... which one? liminality or sign? :? i only understand some of it (liminality) because i memorized the subtitles in the opening and closing. first line of edge, part of twilight sea, and that is it, my friend borrowed //Quarintine so i can't memorize the music for vol. 4's opening, and didn't memorise the words for one thousand nights, one night.
Phase 9

Post by Phase 9 »

Heh, you know you have been listening to the OST's too long when you're parents knock on the door because you're subconsciously singing "Obsession" in the shower. I love the music of .hack, but my dad thinks I'm a total loser for liking Japanese stuff (especially music. I have to lock my door and wear head-phones when I watch Liminality.) But "Fake Wings", wow, [tear falls to ground], so... beautiful... I put it (and a few others) on an mp3 and took it to school.
Rental Daughter
BURRNN MY BREEADD
BURRNN MY BREEADD

Post by Rental Daughter »

well...my friends have never seen my OST because barely any of them come to my house -_- and my parents have no clue I have it...but I do listen to it a lot...

sometimes I end up singing Yasahii Yoake, New World, and all those songs from //LIMINALITY ...and they're all in Japanese...I have no clue what they're saying but I think I'm saying it right...they sound pretty close to the words...but maybe to the Japanese I have a freakish accent -_-;