keeping saku *Spoilers*

iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Re: keeping saku *Spoilers*

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Mistral's_Man wrote:MY problem with Tribal Grapplers is the fact that their physical attack is mediocre, which is ironic, because you all know I use Harvest Clerics non-stop.
Well, if you were willing to spend enough time on it, what you could do is buff up their physical attack. Just imagine them doing high damage AND high combos. A deadly combination.

And personally... this is a tad off-topic, but once I got Shino I never let her leave my party. >3> Instead of using Shadow Warlocks I just buffed up Shino and let her use her low level spells. She's quite powerful now, actually. (Yes, I am a sad fangirl, shush.)
So yep, never used Saku much, even though I did keep her in the end. (Yay, brought it back on-topic!)
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Mistral's_Man wrote:You thought he did too?
Well, Zelkova will admit it in text haha.
I gifted him a World Mirror before heading into The Forest of Pain. (Which brings back sooo mant //ROOTS memories)
And his response was :

"Haseo...I love you!"
...I don't give him a lot of gifts, so the only one I've really taken note of is his promising not to mod the gift item XD (Right, we all know he'll do it anyway.)

And yeah... back on topic XD I have a horrible tendency to derail threads.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

It felt so good sending that final e-mail for some reason...I guess Saku wasn't that important since her leave didn't even effect the plot at all. :/
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

Advent_Winter wrote:It felt so good sending that final e-mail for some reason...I guess Saku wasn't that important since her leave didn't even effect the plot at all. :/
I suppose...But I still don't see any reason to get rid of her.
hidora

Post by hidora »

Advent_Winter wrote:I guess Saku wasn't that important since her leave didn't even effect the plot at all. :/
True. IIRC, after all the "I'm gonna leave" thing, she only appears 2 or 3 more times...

But I kinda like her so I never got rid of her.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

There are only two reasons I can see to like Saku: the Mushroom Hunting quest in Volume 2, and her max affection ending.
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

hidora wrote:But I kinda like her so I never got rid of her.
I wasn't a huge fan, but had she been a singular character I would have hated her. I thought she accented Bo's personality very well. That was mainly my basis for keeping her.
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

Mistral's_Man wrote:I suppose...But I still don't see any reason to get rid of her.
From a gameplay perspective, getting rid of her ceases the random personality switching at LV. 150, granting permanent access to Bo, whose combo Favorite is always better than Saku's killshot Favorite. This is manipulated easily enough, but if you wanted to be lazy, then her death would be a good choice.

EDIT: "Always" assumes affection isn't playing a significant role (they're both the same). IIRC, Saku always returns with max Affection, so if you've been lazy with Bo and have no plans to boost his, then Saku would build Morale faster than he would in that one scenario only. That will eventually cease if you use Bo enough, so it's not a good retort.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:
Devilkid3009 wrote: If you think about it, though, it's kind of wtf because, um, Gorre. Does Gorre still operate normally without Saku? Since we never get to see it in action after Volume 2, there's really no way of telling.
Bo still invokes Gorre's power to help Haseo, though, like when they're going to fight Cubia. Bo remains as Gorre's Chosen One, so he's still eligible to use it, totally unaffected by Saku's loss.
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

Master ZED wrote:From a gameplay perspective, getting rid of her ceases the random personality switching at LV. 150, granting permanent access to Bo.
Hmm, I never knew that haha. Then again I couldn't have known XD. I only used Saku/Bo for the storyline events where they were mandatory.
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:There are only two reasons I can see to like Saku: the Mushroom Hunting quest in Volume 2, and her max affection ending.
That quest made me laugh so hard. Poor Negimaru. That put Saku from "shut up you jerk" to "annoyingly epic" in my book.

And I've seen all the weddings, and I do have to say Saku's made me laugh. Pi's actually made me laugh more, for some reason. Probably due to the pre-event script and the fact that her hair is so ridiculous she needed two veils.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

At least Pi's hair isn't as ridiculous as it is in LINK... *coughcough*STRANGLINGENEMIESWITHHERHAIR*coughcough*

And yeah, Mushroom Hunting quest was pretty much enough for me to keep Saku... although I do wish that Negimaru and Grein were playable. :P
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:At least Pi's hair isn't as ridiculous as it is in LINK... *coughcough*STRANGLINGENEMIESWITHHERHAIR*coughcough*

And yeah, Mushroom Hunting quest was pretty much enough for me to keep Saku... although I do wish that Negimaru and Grein were playable. :P
I wish everyone was playable. It would make hacking my party easier ^_^

In all seriousness though, Pi should fight with her hair. Like an adept rogue, her hair could be twinblades, broadswords, etc, I mean, just look at it! Gotta admit, that would be funny.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I know that feeling, even though I don't hack...

And don't you think Pi would be a cooler hair-warrior than Bayonetta? :P (Apologies to those anticipating the game, I'm just kind of biased XP )
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Anyone who draws me fanart of Pi-onetta will win a prize.