virus core F?

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

Minion S1

virus core F?

Post by Minion S1 »

what's a good thing to drain on mutation, to get F virus cores?
i'm level 49 atm, and just got to the part where balmung gave me a virus core...but i need 3 or 4 F virus cores
_Tri-edge_

Re: virus core F?

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Minion S1 wrote:what's a good thing to drain on mutation, to get F virus cores?
i'm level 49 atm, and just got to the part where balmung gave me a virus core...but i need 3 or 4 F virus cores
Re-read the e-mail Helba sent you regaurding Data Drain and Virus cores. From memory, I believe F Virus cores come from Data Draining medium sized monsters in the ^ server.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:From memory, I believe F Virus cores come from Data Draining medium sized monsters in the ^ server.
Wouldn't it be larged sized monsters in the Lambda server? 'Cause if you think about it, the Delta and Theta servers had cores ranging from A through C, small through large respectively. Therefore, Lambda would have D through F in the same manner.

... and I guess it didn't really require such a long explanation. Oh well.
Minion S1

Post by Minion S1 »

yea, well i keep gettin Es

i've found a couple monsters that give em...but most of the time i get items; and eventually i have to wait a while b4 i can data drain again
hidora

Post by hidora »

Minion S1 wrote:yea, well i keep gettin Es
That's because these monsters aren't big enough.
MinionS1 wrote:i've found a couple monsters that give em...but most of the time i get items; and eventually i have to wait a while b4 i can data drain again
It's been a while since I've played IMOQ, but IIRC it was like this:
  • You have more chances of getting Virus Cores if your infection level is low.
  • The higher the infection level, the higher the chances of getting items, and lower the chances of getting virus cores.