QUARANTINE is driving me nuts...

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 3 and 4

Moderator: Moderators

GyppyGirl2021

QUARANTINE is driving me nuts...

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Okay, so as some of you may know, I started QUARANTINE a while back, and, well, its position as the last game in the first four is definitely being represented. I just got a game over against a party I could've normally handled because Kite got confused >.<

I'm trying to level up, you see. Around 95-96 right now, and I want to get to 99 before I advance (some mission with Piros in the Sigma server). Yeah, shoot me for being overleveled, but I don't care. XD

Anyone care to provide some help? Like, level ranges/keywords/etc.? Also, if I posted in the wrong place and/or there's already a topic covering it, feel free to lock, I'm just too lazy to look >.<
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Re: QUARANTINE is driving me nuts...

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Level 95? o3o
What level area is the mission Piros wants you to go on with him? (I don't remember myself, haven't played the games in three years.)

But seriously... uhhh, make sure your party members have spells and/or items that cure annoying status inflictions like confusion? Also, and you should know this by the time you've gotten to Quarantine, keep multiple weapons on hand for you and your party members so you can have a variety of skills on hand.

And... not sure what else to suggest. lol
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Been years literally since i played IMOQ, and so i don't remember what i did exactly, but there is some certain status besides the elemental ones for each character, and some of them are called Body and Mind or something similar to that. For some reason, i had both status at 99 by Outbreak on Kite, and i never really had to worry about status inflicting because i was immune to everything. So, you should check your numbers there, and see if you can raise them somehow.
Apart from that, yeah, carrying lots of supporting items with your team members and having a wide set of weapons to use whatever skills are needed are awesome recommendations :P Since you got confused, i believe you were fighting Liches or similar monsters, which in NO WAY are easy to handle (fast + confusion inflicting + spell spammers + revivers = x___X), so for them, keep Kite with a Speed Charm/Ap Do spell to be as fast as them, and prepare a good skill that can kill them in one hit.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Well, I'm fighting a lot of enemies with physical/magical tolerance. Now that WOULD be okay, except the ones with physical tolerance still have excellent magic defense, and the ones with magical tolerance move waaaaay too frikkin' fast for me to get a lock on them. I've been having to use Data Drain more often, which in itself isn't a bad thing but I'm paranoid to all get-out about the Infection level. I've never had it above Yellow and I want it to stay that way for as long as possible. >.<

I'd use Dek Vorv/Vorma, except that takes time to cast and it doesn't always hit (my Kite has awful magic accuracy so it probably wouldn't work that well anyhow). And I haven't come across any equipment with Ap Do that Kite can equip, it's all been heavy armor.

One more note to address: Piros' dungeon is around level 70-75. I know I'm insanely overleveled, but I like to do that >.<

Edit: Let me address my previous complaint... I do like to bring along either BlackRose or Balmung while I'm leveling, which means I still have access to Ap Do. I guess I should've thought that one over. XD Oh, and one more thing: I got past Piros' dungeon and now I'm going to (Omega) Cruel Vindictive Scars, but I don't have the right Virus Core to get there. Need to find a small-size monster I think on Omega server >.< Will Pandora's Boxes work?

Edit2: Nevermind, I actually think it's Sigma server. Gah, I'm so confused >.>
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Well, with the virus core thing, just go back and re-read Helba's e-mail about them. She basically gave you a map telling where they are. Although, this might not keep you in your comfort zone in the infection though, if your virus core hunting.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

The problem is I can never tell monster sizes apart. >.<
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:The problem is I can never tell monster sizes apart. >.<
Just use Kite to compare the sizes. XD
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

In order to deal with the tolerances, it's quite nice to just bring a Wavemaster and have Kite with many powerful skills, it's not hard even if they have a high defense in the "vulnerable" side. If what you want is overcome tolerance, use items instead of spells, they seem to do the job quicker.

And i don't remember which one was Pandora's Box, but to differenciate them, if the monster is up to Kite's size, it's small, if it's bigger but you can still see it whole without much problem it's medium, and if it's some huge bird or blob that you can't see correctly or blocks the whole screen when you do, it's big. It's a bit vague sometimes, but just Data Drain the enemies you find and you're bound to find the cores XD
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Not sure if you're going to check this thread again, but the thing about using Kite to measure monster sizes is accurate. After I decided to play Quarantine for some unknown reason, I went through a bit of testing.