Moderator: Moderators

sgtJARHEAD

What level should my team be at Skeith?

Post by sgtJARHEAD »

And who should I use?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: What level should my team be at Skeith?

Post by TheSorrow »

Somewhere around lv30. Lv26 should be the minimum possible unless you have amazing strategies to survive and alot of healing items.
And take Piros. He has alot of defense and HP, enough to survive a couple hits far better than all others.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I think you can go much lower, but whoever you take stock each of them with like 20-30 of every healing item. Use the attack skill and healing skill square-button team commands as much as possible, and don't freak out when Skeith kills someone because that's just what he does. If you're following these directions correctly and demand healing they'll be insta-resurrected by the AI anyway, and likewise Skeith's DD will have absolutely no effect... Probably want a heavy hitter and no matter what take a Wavemaster, and compliment that with a personal stockpile of Mage's Souls you should use when necessary. Wavemasters make any boss an easier target and deal massive damage, they also help to spread out your party and prevent it from being a single target. Also have your team cast as many stat-raising spells as possible before the match. In general if you offload as much of the work as possible to the lightning-fast AI, everything goes a lot faster...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I agree with everything, but...
Also have your team cast as many stat-raising spells as possible before the match
Even though it's recommendable and i usually do that everytime before i fight a Phase/Cubia, all boosting and stat-raising is resetted whenever the character dies...and with someone like Skeith, that will happen ALOT of times XD So, it's nice and will work, but only for a little as you'll only deliver 5 "boosted" hits at most before having to revive the character. This said, don't bother trying to raise stats in the middle of the battle either...you'll deliver more damage by attacking and healing often than by trying to boost stats.
bloodwolf2a2

Post by bloodwolf2a2 »

When I did it just bought up a bunch of the stat blood raising items and just used those didn't really die alot at level 25 and beat it with a wavemaster and BlackRose.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

TheSorrow wrote:I agree with everything, but...
Also have your team cast as many stat-raising spells as possible before the match
Even though it's recommendable and i usually do that everytime before i fight a Phase/Cubia, all boosting and stat-raising is resetted whenever the character dies...and with someone like Skeith, that will happen ALOT of times XD So, it's nice and will work, but only for a little as you'll only deliver 5 "boosted" hits at most before having to revive the character. This said, don't bother trying to raise stats in the middle of the battle either...you'll deliver more damage by attacking and healing often than by trying to boost stats.
I usually give someone a piece of the time armor and have them hasten me whenever I die. For Kite the added ability to evade is useful if you're playing right. The rest isn't very useful in battle, but it doesn't hurt to go in with it, especially if it's your team doing all the work and not you...
bloodwolf2a2

Post by bloodwolf2a2 »

It depends what you are doing though if you are using magic or physical attacks but it is good to have your team to do most of the work and you could be the support for them by healing.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Er, I'd actually say the opposite: the "work" is pausing the game and scrolling through menus, identifying what needs to be done and then watching your guy just sit there doing the animation for it. Offloading this to your teammates by keeping them well-equipped and quickly ordering them to heal when the time is right makes everything a lot easier for you, in my opinion. The AI can instantly do what needs to be done, and you can continue to hammer away at the boss. I guess they should also be doing a lot of the work doing damage, especially your Wavemaster, but I'd emphasize the first part.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

And remember this. Damage is not important in the first part of the battle. Your objective is to hit Skeith as many times as you can in order to set off the protect break, so use skills that issue multiple hits instead of the more damaging skills with few hits, then after he's protect broken, dish out the devastation.
sgtJARHEAD

Post by sgtJARHEAD »

I think I'll go ahead and start a new game.
bloodwolf2a2

Post by bloodwolf2a2 »

You could do that or just go to random areas and level up and like Tri Edge said all you have to do is hit it as many times as you can then just try and drop its health after you use data drain.
sgtJARHEAD

Post by sgtJARHEAD »

But the thing is...I can barely even get halfway through the dungeon without my team being continuously killed.
bloodwolf2a2

Post by bloodwolf2a2 »

What level is your team and who are you using?
sgtJARHEAD

Post by sgtJARHEAD »

Level 30
bloodwolf2a2

Post by bloodwolf2a2 »

They shouldn't be dying you might need to give them better equipment.
sgtJARHEAD

Post by sgtJARHEAD »

Too hard to manage >.<
bloodwolf2a2

Post by bloodwolf2a2 »

Just try going around to areas and open up some chests or data drain some monsters it should get you some good stuff.
sgtJARHEAD

Post by sgtJARHEAD »

I'll try later. Maybe I'm just not any good. Maybe I should just stick to the glorious manga.
bloodwolf2a2

Post by bloodwolf2a2 »

What level equipment does your party have?
sgtJARHEAD

Post by sgtJARHEAD »

Level 11 I think.