sign question, father

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

Twilisapien

sign question, father

Post by Twilisapien »

did tsukasas father try to unplug her because morgonna was possessing him somehow or is he just insane?

speculation of course
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: sign question, father

Post by AuraTwilight »

Neither, he's just an asshole. His daughter, as far as he knew, was never going to wake up, she's been a neverending problem even when she WAS awake, and her life support is a constant drain on his money.

But of course, Bear does state that according to the papers, Mr. Shoji suffered temporary insanity, but in my opinion, that's a complete load.

Morganna can't possess people in the real world, that's just stupid. Even if she could, she needs Tsukasa to be alive. Notice when Tsukasa's life support was pulled, his in-game character started having a heart attack or something?
Twilisapien

Post by Twilisapien »

AuraTwilight wrote:Neither, he's just an asshole. His daughter, as far as he knew, was never going to wake up, she's been a neverending problem even when she WAS awake, and her life support is a constant drain on his money.

But of course, Bear does state that according to the papers, Mr. Shoji suffered temporary insanity, but in my opinion, that's a complete load.

Morganna can't possess people in the real world, that's just stupid. Even if she could, she needs Tsukasa to be alive. Notice when Tsukasa's life support was pulled, his in-game character started having a heart attack or something?
by insane you can also say i ment hes an asshole too, most insane people are asses whatever your opinion of it maybe, i dont care

eugh, i know so much about dot hack and i hate asking these minor questions only to be told off like a n00b, somebody spare me the shame and delete this thread
S1lentOp

Post by S1lentOp »

It's pretty clear that Tsukasa and her father's relationship was far from ideal. He was an abusive drunkard who seemed to blame Tsukasa almost entirely for the death of her mother and seemed disgusted at the fact that he had a daughter. He didn't want her, she was in a comatose state that she didn't show signs of snapping out of, and he saw it as an opportunity to rid himself of his problems. It could be argued that he went temporarily "insane" or went through an emotional episode where he lost himself in a fit of emotions, but really he was just a scumbag of a father who really hated his daughter and saw a window of opportunity to get rid of her. Morgana can't possess people, especially people with no connection to The World.