Concerning AIs

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Re: Concerning AIs

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Midori wrote:Sad that its come to that, isnt it?
It is.
I don't want to lose out all hope just yet, considering I've only read the first four chapters. But... it really doesn't look good at all.
Talc Moirae

Post by Talc Moirae »

I have a slight doubt that Kite and Haseo are AIs, seeing as how it is alluded early that both of them are needed. (I.E. Haseo's rage). Of course, this isn't necessarily fool proof evidence, but I'm clinging on to what I can.

I don't want to think that any of them are AIs just yet, so I'll just roll with the idea that the Chrono Cores simply changed them. However, when reading the special Link chapter (with Shugo and Rena's appearance), I'm starting to have the suspicion that they are all really AIs. I hope it isn't true though. I'd rather have this whole confusing story be another one of Tokio's dreams.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Haseo's rage
Proof that he could be an AI
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I have a slight doubt that Kite and Haseo are AIs, seeing as how it is alluded early that both of them are needed. (I.E. Haseo's rage). Of course, this isn't necessarily fool proof evidence, but I'm clinging on to what I can.
That e-mail was basically an advertisement, and has no actual in-universe existence. It's not like Tokio got an e-mail from Aura.
I don't want to think that any of them are AIs just yet, so I'll just roll with the idea that the Chrono Cores simply changed them. However, when reading the special Link chapter (with Shugo and Rena's appearance), I'm starting to have the suspicion that they are all really AIs. I hope it isn't true though. I'd rather have this whole confusing story be another one of Tokio's dreams.
Crazy-crackpot theory. Tokio is an A.I., and everything he's experiencing is a dream that Schiksal is giving him because he is the Chrono Core (singular), and if they can get him in their power, they'll be able to ursurp Godhood over the Internet.

Because Tokio is created from the lost Dummy Program, and is thus the incomplete Ultimate A.I. created from the RA Plan, thus Amagi's indirect influence. Saika is rebelling against it all, and is trying to develop Tokio to defeat Schiksal so he can replace Aura.

Now let's hope it's true.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

...I wonder that would be worse though, having Tokio suddenly turn into a hero that surpasses both Kite and Haseo with all these events being true and Kite and all others being the real players that will be saved by Tokio, or having Tokio as an Ultimate AI with a power compared to that of Aura.

None seem good at all XP
Talc Moirae

Post by Talc Moirae »

TheSorrow wrote:...I wonder that would be worse though, having Tokio suddenly turn into a hero that surpasses both Kite and Haseo with all these events being true and Kite and all others being the real players that will be saved by Tokio, or having Tokio as an Ultimate AI with a power compared to that of Aura.

None seem good at all XP

If any of these events became reality, I might as well abandon the whole .hack series here and now.

Especially "having Tokio as an Ultimate AI with a power compared to that of Aura."
Now that would ruin the whole series. Permanently.

AuraTwilight wrote:Crazy-crackpot theory. Tokio is an A.I., and everything he's experiencing is a dream that Schiksal is giving him because he is the Chrono Core (singular), and if they can get him in their power, they'll be able to ursurp Godhood over the Internet.

Because Tokio is created from the lost Dummy Program, and is thus the incomplete Ultimate A.I. created from the RA Plan, thus Amagi's indirect influence. Saika is rebelling against it all, and is trying to develop Tokio to defeat Schiksal so he can replace Aura.

Now let's hope it's true.
This would truly be a god-sent plot twist.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Oh, if Tokio were an AI, that'd be a great plot twist (and would also explain the wtf hair).
But to become as powerful as Aura? No thanks.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Now, here's the twist though: He's only theoretically as powerful as Aura because of Amagi's egotism. What happens is that they'll try and tap into, and abuse that power, and it'll end up not working and they'll cast him aside as junk data after a bit of mind rape, tossing him into Net Slum.

Tokio has a heroic BSOD and falls to mental shambles, questioning his entire life, but then he's visited by Aura. "Anata wa...dare?" Tokio will ask, "I am the sunken dawn of this world; I am the goddess who could not rule. And you are a precious child of Za Warudo as well." "Precious...?" "Yes. Everyone in this world is equally blessed." "I used to believe that. I wanted to see Za Warudo so much...to live in the same world as my heroes...my friends. But they're...I'm...It's all a lie! How do I know I'm even talking to you?"

Aura will smile. "So because you are only in Za Warudo, you are not real? Is your smile real? Is your grief? What about your adventures and dreams? It is not being human that makes us real. It is having a heart. Your friends are real too, and they need you."

Tokio will gain new hope, "All this time, I've been relying on everyone else's power, but there's more to being a hero than having the cool tools and powers, and the cool adventures. I have to rely on my own power!" We see all of his powers, such as the Guardian, manifest and shatter to nothingness as he marches to the evil lair where everyone is held, about to be deleted and such. Tokio stands there, level 1, base stats. Saika tries to warn him, "Get out of here, you idiot! You can't handle them!"

Tokio charges into battle anyway, pitifully. Within seconds, he's pummeled to zero HP and collapses. Everyone calls for him, "Tokio!" "Tokio!" "Tokio-kun!" "Tokio-san! ;_;" And Saika, "Tokio...TOKIO!!!" He gets up.

"What? How are you still standing?" His body is faded out black and white as a PC corpse should, and then begins reviving in color as his costume transforms into the sworded warrior from his chapter 1 dream. "The heart isn't governed by numbers and stats. It's governed by SWEAT AND GUTS!" Then he kicks ass and saves everyone.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

AT...if you ever wrote .Hack fanfics, they'd be more interesting and make alot more sense than the actual story made by the developers o-o

It is possible and it could make it a nice ending that Tokio goes into battle at lv1 and is pwned then all what you said happens, but i still think it's unlikely that Tokio is an AI and Schicksal and Amagi's objectives and everything are all around him...it'd completely change the meaning of looking for Chrono Cores and the Akashic Records (now it'd be simply "Raping Tokio = Win"), though by just changing a little stuff, i can see the ending you mentioned actually happening. Let's just hope that it's either that, or a dream, or something like that xD

Now i kinda realize that for LINK to make the most sense...SOMETHING must be an AI >->'
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

AT...if you ever wrote .Hack fanfics, they'd be more interesting and make alot more sense than the actual story made by the developers o-o
I've been saying this Since 2004. I should be the storywriter for .hack.
It is possible and it could make it a nice ending that Tokio goes into battle at lv1 and is pwned then all what you said happens, but i still think it's unlikely that Tokio is an AI and Schicksal and Amagi's objectives and everything are all around him...it'd completely change the meaning of looking for Chrono Cores and the Akashic Records (now it'd be simply "Raping Tokio = Win")
That's the point. The idea is that the entire adventure is meaningless, and the Chrono Cores and everything were created to give Tokio a stupid little adventure. Tokio is a hamster on a wheel, running and not knowing that he's really not getting anywhere.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Now i kinda realize that for LINK to make the most sense...SOMETHING must be an AI >->
Well, the only character that we can say IS an A.I. is Azure Kite. Everyone else is still a question mark.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:
Now i kinda realize that for LINK to make the most sense...SOMETHING must be an AI >->
Well, the only character that we can say IS an A.I. is Azure Kite. Everyone else is still a question mark.
And there's been no other mention of him just yet. Tsukasa found him as Azure Kite was wandering somewhere, he chased him, AK attacked the ground before him as a "Stop chasing me!!", we saw his face, and that's it for now.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

TheSorrow wrote:
_Tri-edge_ wrote:
And there's been no other mention of him just yet. Tsukasa found him as Azure Kite was wandering somewhere, he chased him, AK attacked the ground before him as a "Stop chasing me!!", we saw his face, and that's it for now.
Poor AK. He needs more screen-time.
Midori

Post by Midori »

Well, we know the Akashic records are real because Albireo states that all activities in The World are recorded in the Akashic Records. He just never states anything beyond that.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

He was speaking in metaphor. There's no way he could've possibly known about the literal Records Schiksal are after.
The-Missing-Spade

Post by The-Missing-Spade »

I wouldn't be surprised if everyone turned out to be A.Is...or memories, or whatever. In the past Aura created replica's of Orca and Balmung as A.Is so who's to say she didn't do the same in .Link. And besides, the more I read into .Link the more i hope it's actually non-canon. The creators of .Hack have surprised us with a great story that transends time and time again. Just like LOT was a joke, so is .Link. If anything it's probably only important to introduce to us the existence of the Akashic Records, The Chrono-thingys, Schiksal's little group, AND the new and improved [The World]. It'd be happy with that.

Seriously, right now I'm ready to just blow off .Link and wait for the bigger story to come along. Then again, simply ignoring .Link wouldn't be the best thing to do either.

*sigh* I had to endure LOT...and now this? Come on... :/
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

so who's to say she didn't do the same in .Link.
Me, because she went back to sleep after GU
The-Missing-Spade

Post by The-Missing-Spade »

Keyaki wrote:
so who's to say she didn't do the same in .Link.
Me, because she went back to sleep after GU
Yea. And just like in G.U, she awakened anyways.

So she could have still awakened for some reason and brought back the A.Is.
That or in her "sleep" she is having some type of dream thats creating the A.Is in [The World].
It could be a possibility.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

And just like in G.U, she awakened anyways.
Forcefully

There is no reason for wanting to wake up on her own, nor does she want to
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

I don't think the characters are AI nor do I see much reason for it. None the less all of them. Excluding Azure Flame Kite, the characters Kite, Tsukasa, Subaru, Haseo, and Alkaid have no purpose in being anyone other than themselves. Alkaid defended by what reason an AI would be created after her. Tsukasa and Subaru backed up with their extended histories and memories. With Kite and Haseo balanced with the poem that first appeared on CC2's site.

The Chrono Core is installed inside the PC in a very complicated way. Metronome stated it to Trommel. PC means Player Character. Although this could refer to the avatar she states that the core will appear by giving stimulus to the PC while the emotional level of the PC is at its peak. If they were just AI I don't think that type of situation would apply and it would mirror what happened to Mia. Instead of waiting by having to agitate said character emotionally for the core to appear, Trommel would have probably destroyed Tsukasa there and then to get the data.

Additionally the chapter with Shugo and Rena most of you saw is actually from .hack//G.U. TRILOGY New World Guide. Its has no connection to LINK. Plus the characters in the story vanished immediately afterwards meaning if it were the same method the characters would be unstable disappear as well. There was something else I wanted to mention, however at the moment I can't recall. Anyway as I said its ones of those things that feels unlikely to me.