tokio's power

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

Tokio

tokio's power

Post by Tokio »

whats tokio's true power?
(i'm too lazy to check if this has been asked already)
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: tokio's power

Post by TheSorrow »

...N00bness?
So far, the only "power" that i've seen from him, apart from entering into The World physically (though that might not be his actual power), is being able to use Tsukasa's Guardian.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

We don't know. No one but the authors do.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

OwO! time for speculaaaation >=D!!

It's possible that Tokio could be able to use ALL of the powers that the previous heroes/heroines/anti-heroes could use, which leads onto the fact that he might have an avatar, and be able to use data-drain ¬_¬...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

nobodyknows wrote:OwO! time for speculaaaation >=D!!

It's possible that Tokio could be able to use ALL of the powers that the previous heroes/heroines/anti-heroes could use, which leads onto the fact that he might have an avatar, and be able to use data-drain ¬_¬...
Or maybe his power is to access the black box somehow, and use the powers that have been used before for a random period of time. Then his power won't be all the powers exactly, as none of them would be "his" powers exactly, his only power would be the copying/accessing of the powers.

Of course, he might be able to do crazy and f*cked up stuff if he can indeed enter the black box :P
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Tokio has a Chrono Core, obviously, which lets him do everything since he has no past self, only the stories of the other heroes.
ZelkovatheWise
Location: Netslum and sometimes at the Moon Tree 7 Council Throne Room

Post by ZelkovatheWise »

Aura so what your saying is basically Tokio is the game's ultimate hero because he can use every power available to the other hero's. Also if this is true then what about the avatars, can he use them. I haven't seen this yet so am unaware of how the series is going along. Can't find a good place to read it or the time.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

We don't know, but it's probable. He's immune to Data Drain and getting hacked, and he can summon a Guardian.
|<!73

Re: Tokio's power

Post by |<!73 »

Alright, after looking through a few websites here's what I gathered. (Keep in mind that the information I'm presenting is machine translated as well as heavy speculation on both my part and in the story)

In the fight against Trommel Tokio manages to link with Tsukasa's memories which brings out the Guardian. It pierces through Trommel however, he recovers. Then Geist appears and separates Trommel into several data blocks. After Geist leaves Tokio again begins his bragging blah, blah, blah. Trommel reforms his data once more but this time Haseo arrives and cuts him in half ending it. Hopefully. (The dude is like the terminator he won't go down.) I also read something about Chrono Cores being some form of Virus Cores but that was on one site and I didn't understand it.
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

Tokio reminds me too much of Shugo. I really haven't enjoyed the oblivious yet powerful hero in dot hack. I always thought Shugo ruined Kite's image. Luckily Azure Kite made up for it. But if I found out that Tokio can, through whatever means, use the powers of all the previous heroes then it would actually tick me off for a while.
|<!73

Re: Tokio's power

Post by |<!73 »

Shugo was aware of his power. As for Kite's reputation Legend of the Twilight only helped enhance it. He was a hero both remembered and worth reinstating in Aura's eyes. In LINK regardless of Tokio's ability I feel its a thing that is needed, and I have a hard time visualizing it any other way. Anyhow I did some more looking and I saw a passage of text from that moment. I think its more accurate to say Tokio was possessed. I'm not sure.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

N3IWVC wrote: But if I found out that Tokio can, through whatever means, use the powers of all the previous heroes then it would actually tick me off for a while.

ditto, In my opininon i see can Tokio havin Data Drain, but the powers of all the other heros would just be just plain stupid, seriously
Altre

Post by Altre »

I didn't like the way they jumped into the story. Reminded me of an anime....
The ability to use all of the other heros/characters abilities? Sounds like they got lazy.
I need the background to how this all started (the stuff right before the manga starts, not on Tokio, but the classes, servers, features, where this guild came from, ect).