The mystery behind Ovan's lost weapon.

Keyaki

Re: The mystery behind Ovan's lost weapon.

Post by Keyaki »

it's highly likely that Ovan was awakened before Pi and Kuhn did
He was the first one to awaken, what do you mean by " highly likely"?
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Keyaki wrote:
I don't think it states specifically anywhere in canon that he was definitely the first to awaken, but all evidence points to him having awakened first.

It's not a 100% thing, it seems to me more of a "more likely than not" thing. (And by that I mean easily 99% chance.) But again, we don't know exactly when Ovan awakened...
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:
Keyaki wrote:
I don't think it states specifically anywhere in canon that he was definitely the first to awaken

Well, he was the first to log in.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Keyaki wrote:Well, he was the first to log in.
The login order has nothing to do with the awakening order - Yata was the last one to awaken and he was clearly around before some of the others who awakened before him.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:
Keyaki wrote:Well, he was the first to log in.
The login order has nothing to do with the awakening order - Yata was the last one to awaken and he was clearly around before some of the others who awakened before him.
Touche then.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Most people agree that Ovan was really the first to awaken, but... no offense man, that was some pretty stupid reasoning. :P
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

yea, yea but its the only thing we can go on.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

We could also go on the much more logical reasoning that he never revealed to anyone at first that he was awakened, and even Yata had trouble tracking down Ovan...
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:We could also go on the much more logical reasoning that he never revealed to anyone at first that he was awakened, and even Yata had trouble tracking down Ovan...
Just made me think of something else.

Is it possible for an un-awakened Epitaph User to get his/her Lost Weapon?
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...that's an interesting question. I'd imagine it's theoretically possible, but I don't think Atoli is available when the Lost Weapon quest becomes available... and all of the other EUs at that point are already awakened.
hidora

Post by hidora »

Keyaki wrote:Is it possible for an un-awakened Epitaph User to get his/her Lost Weapon?
Most likely yes. On the start of Redemption, one of those mails says that the remaining lost weapons were given to their rightful owners. And Yata awakened after that.
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

I have this bad habit of using known facts to piece things together. Here's how I see the timeline. I could be 100% brutally wrong.

1) Ovan awakens, which attracts AIDA, leading to his infection. AIDA detects something not present in regular PCs: The Morganna Factor, which may be what attracted AIDA to Ovan in the first place. Intrigued by Ovan, AIDA attempts to learn more about the unfamiliar Data in his PC.

2) Over time, AIDA takes an interest in the Avatars, and as more begin to appear, AIDA sets out to interact with the Epitaph Users, targeting Endrance as a target for observation. Whether Endrance had awakened or not is unknown, but it's apparent that AIDA can tell an Epitaph user, from the events occurring surrounding Atoli's Morganna Factor. This may in fact be what CAUSED Endrance's awakening, the emotional revelation of "Mia" being back. Using Macha in the arena caused Endrance to have an overwhelming fan base.

3) Haseo gets Data Drained and shoots down to level 1. The significance of this is that apparently Skeith was sealed by Harold during the Forest of Pain (can anyone confirm this? I got it from an unreliable source: The same friend who said they were making an R:2 MMO) Events lead to him meeting Pi and Kuhn, who have both already awakened. He gets caught up in events surrounding AIDA, and this is basically where the player comes in. The rest, you all know.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

1) Ovan awakens, which attracts AIDA, leading to his infection. AIDA detects something not present in regular PCs: The Morganna Factor, which may be what attracted AIDA to Ovan in the first place. Intrigued by Ovan, AIDA attempts to learn more about the unfamiliar Data in his PC.
Ovan did not awaken until after the infection. Regardless of the time he Awakened, we know it was post-AIDA.
3) Haseo gets Data Drained and shoots down to level 1. The significance of this is that apparently Skeith was sealed by Harold during the Forest of Pain (can anyone confirm this? I got it from an unreliable source: The same friend who said they were making an R:2 MMO) Events lead to him meeting Pi and Kuhn, who have both already awakened. He gets caught up in events surrounding AIDA, and this is basically where the player comes in. The rest, you all know.
Harald did no such "Sealing." The only reason Skeith didn't awaken was because with all that rage and raw power, Haseo never had a moment to genuinely fear death. He felt this when he was Data Drained, but this still was not enough to cause the Awakening; it was merely the first step of actualization.

Other than that, you're more or less correct.
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

Told you I was wrong, haha! Though a few things

1) How do we know it was post infection? I need to replay Redemption, I forget. At any rate, since emotional shock can cause an avatar to awaken, it would make sense that perhaps Aina's condition would have helped trigger it. Unfortunately, I can't remember if it ever says when he awakens for the life of me.

2) Glad to see I worded this well enough so it made sense. I've been working long hours with little sleep these days.

3) That makes MUCH more sense, given the enemies he made as a PKK. Like I said, unreliable source, I need to go smack my friend. That and how he thought Adept rogues get 7 points for jobs because of Haseo's guns counting as a steam gunner. And I won;t even get into the rest of his idiotic ideas, heh. Point being: I'm not listening to him anymore.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Ranylyn wrote:That and how he thought Adept rogues get 7 points for jobs because of Haseo's guns counting as a steam gunner
...you ever listened to this guy? Wow.

For clarification, I believe that although Harald's curse was *technically* a seal, it wasn't *literally* one. Haseo just had no need to awaken with his immense amount of power... or so he thought.
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:
Ranylyn wrote:That and how he thought Adept rogues get 7 points for jobs because of Haseo's guns counting as a steam gunner
...you ever listened to this guy? Wow.
Actually, I told him off on the spot for being a moron on the Adept rogue point system thing. But the thing is, there's just a few things he said that I WANTED to believe and LET myself believe, such as the rumor of a "The World R:2" MMORPG. I got my own, and my fiancee's hopes up over it and we literally spent DAYS planning adept rogue combinations we could mix and match to duo together (One of my favorites was my Punisher/Dancer alongside her Partizan/Grappler)

When we realized that we had no healer for most of our setups, we turned to my friend and said "You've been demoted to heal slave, ****!" (I normally do hate that word but he's the only one I jokingly use it with) and he said hell no because he wanted to make a Haseo Clone but trading in the Broadsword for the Blade. I smacked him for that.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

XD Yeah, well, sounds like he has a tendency to make ridiculous claims.

I have a "half-original" character in my version of the G.U.-verse who's a Flick Reaper/Tribal Grappler. (Basically, she's what Mai Minase would be if she still played The World in 2017... but I was probably completely off with her character since I hadn't watched all of Liminality at the time. XD)

But anyway, thread derailed, so meh...
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:XD Yeah, well, sounds like he has a tendency to make ridiculous claims.
He also says some things that make .hack purists crack up. For example, he never beat .hack//Infection before moving on to G.U.

"That's not Sekith! Skeith was the thing with the stick chasing Aura!"

Made my fiancee laugh, at any rate :lol:
I have a "half-original" character in my version of the G.U.-verse who's a Flick Reaper/Tribal Grappler. (Basically, she's what Mai Minase would be if she still played The World in 2017... but I was probably completely off with her character since I hadn't watched all of Liminality at the time. XD)

What a coincidence, that Grappler/Reaper setup was my original rogue idea! The Broadsword/dancer idea just came recently, actually. Lapu Do + Broadswords = wheeeeee! Other ideas involved Brandier/Gunner (Blades have a high rengeki chance and guns have inbtense skill damage) etc...
But anyway, thread derailed, so meh...
oh yeah... oops? Oh well. I haven't contributed to a thread derailment in years so I won't let this get me down and try to drag this back on topic.

So, how's about them lost weapons, eh?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

1) How do we know it was post infection? I need to replay Redemption, I forget. At any rate, since emotional shock can cause an avatar to awaken, it would make sense that perhaps Aina's condition would have helped trigger it. Unfortunately, I can't remember if it ever says when he awakens for the life of me.
It's never said when he awakens, but we know he wasn't Awake before he was infected. They found the Creator's Room via hacking, and they played around in it and read the books without really having much knowledge of the bigger picture of Za Warudo. We also know that after he was infected, Corbenik "talked" to Ovan and told him about the Key of the Twilight, causing Ovan to form his master plan.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

They actually found the Creator's Room via AIDA-triggered corruption. Possibly the same route Haseo takes to get there.