Theory on the Chronos Cores

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

Resume_watcher

Theory on the Chronos Cores

Post by Resume_watcher »

Well from what I've seen in .hack//LINK I believe that the Chronos Cores distort The World and the PC that possesses them (kind of like AIDA) to make they player seem as if they are in the past lives in The World. I mean Subaruu says that Tsukasa has been acting strange and in the manga he/she is back to his/her cold self and he/she has a guardian again. Also, Haseo is hunting for Tri-Edge again and has become a Pkk again. Kite also has Data Drain back....

Chronos is also the name for the Greek(?) God of time if I'm correct, so wouldn't it seem likely that the Chronos Cores simply cause all of this in the manga?

(If this has already been solved and posted I am sorry, I don't post a lot...)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: Theory on the Chronos Cores

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's highly likely, but I personally feel it's stupid because it undoes all of this character development. My hope? AI's.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

I kinda think its AIs instead of Players, maybe the World or like Aura is trying to do the "Azure Knights" thing but messed up in the memories? She remade the Heros BUT they were incomplete?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote:I kinda think its AIs instead of Players, maybe the World or like Aura is trying to do the "Azure Knights" thing but messed up in the memories? She remade the Heros BUT they were incomplete?
I don't see why she'd be doing the Azure Knights thing, the three she already had are satisfactory, and there's really nothing to use them against as far as we know. More likely, and more AWESOMELY, Za Warudo is literally "remembering" the characters for nostalgia, causing the AI players, and the Chrono Cores, to manifest. Perhaps Za Warudo is tired of being given a facelift over and over and misses it's days of youth, back in the days where everyone was equally blessed, even you and me...

God damn, I should've written .hack.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote:I kinda think its AIs instead of Players, maybe the World or like Aura is trying to do the "Azure Knights" thing but messed up in the memories? She remade the Heros BUT they were incomplete?
I don't see why she'd be doing the Azure Knights thing, the three she already had are satisfactory, and there's really nothing to use them against as far as we know. More likely, and more AWESOMELY, Za Warudo is literally "remembering" the characters for nostalgia, causing the AI players, and the Chrono Cores, to manifest. Perhaps Za Warudo is tired of being given a facelift over and over and misses it's days of youth, back in the days where everyone was equally blessed, even you and me...

...that sound like 100X cooler
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:

...that sound like 100X cooler
Of course it does, I'm f*ckin' AT!