The 8 phases/epitaphs

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

emptyazureskies

Re: The 8 phases/epitaphs

Post by emptyazureskies »

hmm.. someone needs to wake morganna back up; morganna's job was to create the ultimate AI Aura i don't see any reason why she can't create a new improved more modern "Aura" (the concept of perfection changes and aura could become unfit as the ultimate AI) so heck to two could fight or something lol "there can only be 1" *plays highlander theme*. i do wonder what if the fake epitath survived and evolved the way the originals did?

ok what if shugo, kite, and azure kite's data combined? *pictures data drain heart canon*
Samael

Post by Samael »

My theory is that the Chrono Cores allow one access to the section of the Akashic Records that is appropriate to them, and tap into their old skills and form(if they so wish) even if it is black box related, at the price of becoming the way they were back then as well. So Tsukasa regained her Guardian complete with bracelet but in turn became the antisocial guy she was when she first had the Guardian.

So if my theory is true, and Haseo is carrying a Chrono Core, he will still have Skeith, but he may revert to being power mad/obsessed with finding Shino. Or, alternatively, because the key factor is fine(ie: Shino is on the game) he may remain himself, to a point, in that he won't be all curazy obsessed about finding her, but will still be a bit of an antisocial dick and may go back to being in love with Shino(which may or may not piss off Atoli depending on how things have gone the last couple 'o' years...be a bit of a bugger admittedly if they got hitched)

That may be why the preview said they needed Haseo's 'fury'. He wasn't particularly furious end-Redemption. But back when he first got Skeith in first form, HOO-DOGGY.

I had another theory with the Akashic Records that makes a second Morganna a worryingly feasible possibility...since it (theoretically) serves as a record of EVERYTHING in The World R:1/2/X, even black box stuff like the Phases, the Guardians and the Bracelets...the program for Morganna and in turn Morganna Mode Gone would be there. As would the code for Aura...the Goddess of The World...

Wait...if the program for the ultimate AI/World's goddess exists there...theoretically someone could edit that program into their own PC's(or just their own in an AI's case) program and become another Ultimate AI/god(dess) of The World...and since Morganna was necessary to create the Ultimate AI(apothesis and all)...

Aw ****.

MAY be jumping the gun here a bit though.

But yeah, Haseo will totally have Skeith. I wonder if Tokio will nick Skeith or bust out 'the Dummy Avatar' since his disk did possibly come from Captain Crazy McPyropants.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

...um yeah I just have one thing...for those who don't think Skeith will comeback...He waited for hiim for like 7 years between project .hack and G.U. ...so he'd just sitch him after a short like what 2-3 year thing? I doubt it...I don't even think it might have felt that long for him. One think i want to know is will Corby be back? He kicked or rather looked kick ass in G.U.

If Tokio has an Avatar...it'd have to be like Corby anyway because I doubt Ovan'll come back

Haseo Will have Skeith
If Atoli and Haseo did anything after the credits of G.U. She'll probably be back for him, just for him XDDDD since he's on like always and forever
Kuhn'd be too awesome to not bring back in anyform
Yata/Wiseman/Naoibi(Spelling?)/Nala will be back just so he can use more names XDDD and he even said it himself, "HE loves the world more than anyone"
Bo...might not be back...I mean he really has no reason to be back...but Tokio with Gorre? I'd hate that main character....
Endrancce/Elk will always want to be with Mia or even Haseo...He needs people
Pi will be back just because of that Thing in Trilogy with the mysterious man who I think is Yata...so tthere fore if Tokio has an Epitaph it should be Corbinek
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

hmm.. someone needs to wake morganna back up; morganna's job was to create the ultimate AI Aura i don't see any reason why she can't create a new improved more modern "Aura" (the concept of perfection changes and aura could become unfit as the ultimate AI) so heck to two could fight or something lol "there can only be 1" *plays highlander theme*. i do wonder what if the fake epitath survived and evolved the way the originals did?
The Dummy Epitaph didn't survive in the main canon, but Jyotaro makes use of it in GU+. And no, Morganna DOESN'T need to wake up. Even if we needed a new Ultimate AI (which we don't; you can't redefine ultimate, which is different from perfection), Morganna doesn't need to wake up; the Eight Epitaphs can do it fine, and they specifically chose not to do so.
My theory is that the Chrono Cores allow one access to the section of the Akashic Records that is appropriate to them, and tap into their old skills and form(if they so wish) even if it is black box related, at the price of becoming the way they were back then as well. So Tsukasa regained her Guardian complete with bracelet but in turn became the antisocial guy she was when she first had the Guardian.
Hm. Not sure I want to invoke that sort of mental control.
He wasn't particularly furious end-Redemption.
Heh, what game were YOU playing? Just because he's not an ass doesn't mean he didn't have fury. He was pretty pissed at Cubia.
I had another theory with the Akashic Records that makes a second Morganna a worryingly feasible possibility...since it (theoretically) serves as a record of EVERYTHING in The World R:1/2/X, even black box stuff like the Phases, the Guardians and the Bracelets...the program for Morganna and in turn Morganna Mode Gone would be there. As would the code for Aura...the Goddess of The World...
YES! Another attempt by Jyotaro to make the Ultimate AI in his own image! :D
Wait...if the program for the ultimate AI/World's goddess exists there...theoretically someone could edit that program into their own PC's(or just their own in an AI's case) program and become another Ultimate AI/god(dess) of The World...and since Morganna was necessary to create the Ultimate AI(apothesis and all)...

Aw ****.

MAY be jumping the gun here a bit though.
...!!!

"Jyotaro wished to merge with the Ultimate AI and become a new God of the network, with the Eight Pillars to support him."
But yeah, Haseo will totally have Skeith. I wonder if Tokio will nick Skeith or bust out 'the Dummy Avatar' since his disk did possibly come from Captain Crazy McPyropants.
I vote Dummy Epitaph.
If Tokio has an Avatar...it'd have to be like Corby anyway because I doubt Ovan'll come back
Tokio doesn't seem compatible with Corbenik.

And if anyone returns besides Haseo, it'll be Ovan, judging by popularity alone.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Tokio doesn't seem compatible with Corbenik.

And if anyone returns besides Haseo, it'll be Ovan, judging by popularity alone.
Welll to me there was a big thing you know...sending you sis into a coma...hurting people who cared for you...I doubt I'd ever play again if I had to go through the kind of **** ovan did I mean honestly...what if he got like more powerful? lol then TOkio'd need to pull of some major **** just to kepp on track...although tokio did get the gaurdian...and your theorys are maybe like 9000X better and more reliable than mine...I just figured using what I know about the game and what I know about people, I mean the only difference with him and Tsukasa was well Tsukasa barely hurt anyone, I mean those really short coma's he did were nothing comapred to the like what 1+ year Shino and Aina were screwed over in?
d0tti3

Post by d0tti3 »

Whoooa there~ xD
I really hope that this isn't what's to come of //Link... with the previous .hack series being thrown into a pot and just randomly stir it together to make some weird story.

I don't know if there is any implication whatsoever that there will be avatars or not, but I highly doubt that happening. It's a new version of the World, once again, and I would think that the developers would think of something more original rather than leeching on a previous series. They've been successful so far, I don't think they would comply to fan-service and bring people back to serve the same purpose as a previous series. That'd be boring~.

Whatever they do decide to do though, I'll enjoy it~
Art_Master_Gio

Post by Art_Master_Gio »

The Akashic records, the way they're looking in everyone's theories, seems to be an uber suped up version of Balbol Museum. Very uber and suped up.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Welll to me there was a big thing you know...sending you sis into a coma...hurting people who cared for you...I doubt I'd ever play again if I had to go through the kind of **** ovan did I mean honestly
That's what we all thought about Tsukasa, but he apparently came back.
I mean the only difference with him and Tsukasa was well Tsukasa barely hurt anyone, I mean those really short coma's he did were nothing comapred to the like what 1+ year Shino and Aina were screwed over in?
Ovan made peace with the AIDA, and he seemed to have no problem spending more time with Aina in Za Warudo. I don't think he's all that traumatized, as he was able to fix the damage. And as long as he's working with the other Epitaph Users, they're effectively GODS OF THE ENTIRE DAMNED INTERNET. Lord knows that'd make me feel safe.
I don't know if there is any implication whatsoever that there will be avatars or not, but I highly doubt that happening. It's a new version of the World, once again, and I would think that the developers would think of something more original rather than leeching on a previous series. They've been successful so far, I don't think they would comply to fan-service and bring people back to serve the same purpose as a previous series. That'd be boring~.
They brought back the Guardian and the Bracelet. Why leave the Avatars out?
The Akashic records, the way they're looking in everyone's theories, seems to be an uber suped up version of Balbol Museum. Very uber and suped up.
What the hell is Balbol Museum?
Art_Master_Gio

Post by Art_Master_Gio »

http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Balbol_Museum

It's exclusive to the G.U. Novels.
Balbol Museum (バル・ボル美術館) is a Lost Ground located at ΣHidden Forbidden Exhibition.

After passing through two giant bronze doors decorated with relief images of the eight Phases, a visitor will see a vast facility incorporating almost every known architectural style, including ancient Greek and Roman, medieval Gothic, several Renaissance styles, modern, east Asian, South American, and more. The displays contained within are of archetypes, and look different for each person who views them. For instance, when Kuhn looks at the display for "home", he sees Kanazawa, where he lives and works, Pi sees the fishing village where she grew up, and Endrance sees Mac Anu as it appeared in The World R:1. There are so many exhibits that it would take a lifetime or more to see everything. Beneath the museum is an enormous archive, with hundreds of rows of shelves containing books, pictures, films, and objects of all sorts.
Well, Balbol Museum just shows images of a person's desire I guess, and the Akashic records wouldn't just show a person's desire, they'd probably be able to gain it as well, or actually change things instead of just viewing it.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

Is it just me, or dose anyone else see how they seem to be bringing back all the "Keys of twilight" I mean the avatars, (maybe them no hard evidence yet) the bracelet, the gardien.in a way they are linking them together but thats just my theroy.
*bangs conspiracy gabble.*
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Oh, I thought you were referencing something from the real world like a literal museum. Dur, why didn't I think of something .hack-related? XD
Well, Balbol Museum just shows images of a person's desire I guess, and the Akashic records wouldn't just show a person's desire, they'd probably be able to gain it as well, or actually change things instead of just viewing it.
The Balbol Museum doesn't show desires, it shows archetypes. The Akashic Records are a compilation of all data that exists in Za Warudo, and apparently altering the records changes the data. It's my theory that if I hypothetically wrote "Kite's PC has a nice rack", his character would have D-cups to fit the information I added.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

AuraTwilight wrote:

Oh, I thought you were referencing something from the real world like a literal museum. Dur, why didn't I think of something .hack-related? XD
The Balbol Museum doesn't show desires, it shows archetypes. The Akashic Records are a compilation of all data that exists in Za Warudo, and apparently altering the records changes the data. It's my theory that if I hypothetically wrote "Kite's PC has a nice rack", his character would have D-cups to fit the information I added.
SO if you wrote that your character could use all the weapons of each class, or that your character had tsukasas gardien, it would be? maybe thats how they hacked their PCs.
Art_Master_Gio

Post by Art_Master_Gio »

Ratsu wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:

SO if you wrote that your character could use all the weapons of each class, or that your character had tsukasas gardien, it would be? maybe thats how they hacked their PCs.
Nuh-uh, as far as we know they haven't gotten to the Akashic records yet, which is why they're stealing the Chrono Cores so they can. If they had already been to the Records, I don't think LINK would be in existence- Shicksal would've already won.
Samael

Post by Samael »

The Akashic Records are possibly a compilation of all data that exists in Za Warudo, and apparently altering the records changes the data. It's my theory that if I hypothetically wrote "Kite's PC has a nice rack", his character would have D-cups to fit the information I added.
Fix'd.

But yeah, sounds about right.

*imagines Kite with d-cups. Laughs, then remembers he's straight and thinks of Atoli with D-cups. Nyum.*

And nah, most likely Schiskal are just hackers the old fashioned way. I mean look at some o' da crazy stuff that Zelkova and Helba could pull.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

That's my theory, anyway, yea.
Fix'd.
We pretty much know the Akashic Records are a compilation of all Za Warudo's data. It's implied in every fashion except outright admittance.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

AuraTwilight wrote:
That's my theory, anyway, yea.
Fix'd.
We pretty much know the Akashic Records are a compilation of all Za Warudo's data. It's implied in every fashion except outright admittance.
wait so what if you not wrote, but deleted every thing in it? You could in a sense rule Za Warudo.
Samael

Post by Samael »

The exact opposite actually. If you deleted everything, Za Warudo ceases to exist. Even Aura.

If you changed stuff in it THEN you could rule Za Warudo.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

Samael wrote:The exact opposite actually. If you deleted everything, Za Warudo ceases to exist. Even Aura.

well you could hold it for ransom XD
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Ratsu wrote:
Samael wrote:The exact opposite actually. If you deleted everything, Za Warudo ceases to exist. Even Aura.

well you could hold it for ransom XD
Why would you ask for ransom while you already have the power to even take over the whole internet in a modernized world where pretty much everything is managed through internet-able technology? o-O
Last edited by TheSorrow on Wed May 07, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

The exact opposite actually. If you deleted everything, Za Warudo ceases to exist. Even Aura.
No, I think Aura would figure out a way to weasel out. A God can't be defeated by some asshole who found the pen to her book.