So how is this?

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

KuroNeko

So how is this?

Post by KuroNeko »

SO what do you guys think of the new generation of .hack so far?
Compared to sign and roots how does it compare?
Shin Amakiir

Re: So how is this?

Post by Shin Amakiir »

I don't think it's as good as previous parts of .hack. Seems like it's a little fast, and it seems a little too... impossible. I mean...  Tokio getting, physically, pulled into R:X? And Kite being defeated right then and there? And Tokio having these magical powers, like not getting hurt by Flugel, for no reason? And then, why did Amagi seek him out? Maybe more answers will come in future chapters, but thus far, it seems self-serving (i.e. creators wanted their characters to be uber for no reason) and rushed.
KuroNeko

Post by KuroNeko »

Hmm that seems a bit disappointing sounds like it doesn't have the same atmosphere as the previous .hacks did,
but hopefully it will get better and they'll explain what's going on.
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

i'm enjoying this story.. but i'm unsatisfied...
Tokio enter in the game with his own body... WHAT THE? is it Digimon?? thinking better, this is the only thing that i dislike.. i wanna also see how this thing about the Time will go.. and what powers Tokio have.. but that Digimon-Like thing is stupid, really stupid. i'm scared about it, i hope it won't ruin .hack :(
FallenDragon
Location: Lost In A Sea Of Thoughts...or falling asleep in front of the monitor

Post by FallenDragon »

I'd rather wait another few chapters before I can compare it to the other series; so far seems interesting and hopefully we'll have some answers later.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm gonna wait until it's concluded before I judge, since stuff we think is **** now might turn out be plausible and satisfying, like, say, Haseo turning into Skeith in the original GU trailer and the "Kite Zombie."

But so far, WE ARE NOT AMUSED. :<
Spin

Post by Spin »

AuraTwilight wrote:I'm gonna wait until it's concluded before I judge, since stuff we think is **** now might turn out be plausible and satisfying, like, say, Haseo turning into Skeith in the original GU trailer and the "Kite Zombie."

Indeed, I think it would be unwise to pass judgement this early... but it does have a very strange digimon vibe to it that I'm not enjoying right now. It's like Tokio is the author, and this is his bad fanfic where he is uber 1337 and has to save za warudo... so far anyway.
CaveatEmptor

Post by CaveatEmptor »

I'm only reading this because it has a connection with the next game.
I don't expect much of this (I'm very sad with the trilogy movie).
Anyway, I'm happy seeing Kite & Co. =P
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Spin wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:I'm gonna wait until it's concluded before I judge, since stuff we think is **** now might turn out be plausible and satisfying, like, say, Haseo turning into Skeith in the original GU trailer and the "Kite Zombie."

Indeed, I think it would be unwise to pass judgement this early... but it does have a very strange digimon vibe to it that I'm not enjoying right now. It's like Tokio is the author, and this is his bad fanfic where he is uber 1337 and has to save za warudo... so far anyway.
That would almost be better. Atleast it would mean none of this crap ever happened. My faithful fan side is hoping this is all justified in the badass .hack style we all grew accustomed to, like this is all some elaborate trick played on Tokio for some evil purpose to like...ursurp Aura or something.
Jakal Of Twilight

Post by Jakal Of Twilight »

To think, first we had:

Tsukasa: A girl gone guy/guy gone girl attitude.
Kite: The "perfect" boyscout
Haseo: Emo badass all together.
Tokio: Digi-destined

Doesnt seem to come together does it?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Now that's not really fair. We don't even really know the plot or Tokio's full personality. If anything, he should be the Otaku. As for why the events are happening around him, he's not really being made out to be more special than any of the characters. Maybe his special abilities are due to the suspect disk he used to log in.
TwilightGod

Post by TwilightGod »

itz okay so far.... :D

um..does any kno when chapter 3 will be oout?
Jakal Of Twilight

AuraTwilight wrote:Now that's not really fair. We don't even really know the plot or Tokio's full personality. If anything, he should be the Otaku. As for why the events are happening around him, he's not really being made out to be more special than any of the characters. Maybe his special abilities are due to the suspect disk he used to log in.
True but the whole "getting physically in [The World]" is really......cheesy in a way.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Jakal Of Twilight wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:Now that's not really fair. We don't even really know the plot or Tokio's full personality. If anything, he should be the Otaku. As for why the events are happening around him, he's not really being made out to be more special than any of the characters. Maybe his special abilities are due to the suspect disk he used to log in.
True but the whole "getting physically in [The World]" is really......cheesy in a way.
We don't really know what the deal with that is yet, and we only have Tokio's own testimony. He might just think he's in Za Warudo in a literal sense since he's in a Tsukasa-like state, or the whole thing is a dream.
ShinoBee

Post by ShinoBee »

It's okay, but not really grabbing me like //G.U. I shouldn't compare, though, I'd rather wait out to see if anything shocking happens.
Jakal Of Twilight

ShinoBee wrote:It's okay, but not really grabbing me like //G.U. I shouldn't compare, though, I'd rather wait out to see if anything shocking happens.
I completely agree with you on that now since AT changed my mind about it. But my God I hope the games will be EPIC!!!