Did Anyone Else Notice Kite's Pants?

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Re: Did Anyone Else Notice Kite's Pants?

Post by shugo_lover »

Jakal Of Twilight wrote:While I was looking at .hack//Wiki, I found Kite (Link)'s page, and looked at his picture and noticed something. His pants don't have the gold/yellow symbols anymore! Did anyone else notice, and if they did, is there an explanation to this? I know it's an ungraded version of Kite, but the fact that he is a UPGRADED version, he should still have the streaks.
IMOQ Kite: Image
Link Kite: Image

well actually each version of the world the charecters look diffrent (note: balmung in sign then balmung in twilight)
so there disine is based on how the other characters look... and also kite has had a lot of siff aperences.
Dead

Post by Dead »

well that description sounds really kickass.
thanx fer the info and on a side note i like your theories ^.^
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

i think what most interests me is the symbol on kite's hat. originally it was more of a U symbol and in G.U. azure kite's was changed to the W. judging from the above description i'd say his abilities didn't change much from what azure kite could do and the symbol's match too. since azure kite was part of The World: R2's working system i wonder if maybe it still is only there's actually a person behind it now. for that matter maybe the people who asked for his return would have been CC corp.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

N3IWVC wrote:i think what most interests me is the symbol on kite's hat. originally it was more of a U symbol and in G.U. azure kite's was changed to the W. judging from the above description i'd say his abilities didn't change much from what azure kite could do and the symbol's match too. since azure kite was part of The World: R2's working system i wonder if maybe it still is only there's actually a person behind it now. for that matter maybe the people who asked for his return would have been CC corp.
the "W" WAS on azure kite's hat, but that doesn't nesescarily make the new kite a piloted AI... this is why I say the new kite might be a fusion of all the kites from then to now =]...
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It's like the power is out
...in his pants.

The new Kite is the original player, according to the official website. He's been retconned to have always had the "w."
Art_Master_Gio

Post by Art_Master_Gio »

If you look at the original symbol and compare it to the "W", you can kind of see how it changed and how it makes sense. If you put the oval inside the "U" shape closer to the "U", it looks sorta like a "W".
TripleLucky7

Post by TripleLucky7 »

did any body noticed his belt?
shiroi

Post by shiroi »

I don't think that's quite the right basis for comparison. It's definitely true that characters are depicted differently from series to series, but this is mostly due to differences in art style. I think it makes more sense to compare the Kite in .hack//Link with the Kite from .hack//XXXX if only because the two many are both drawn by the same artist: Megane Kikuya. If you look at Kite in .hack//XXXX, you also notice subtle differences from Kite in the games, the most obvious difference being that, again, Kite's pants do not have those patterns. Kite, however, does have the bracelet there, so I don't think he should be judged by a subtlety of his appearance.

A much more interesting observation is that between these two manga, Kite's appearance does have many, many other changes. He is certainly drawn taller, and his whole design seems more or less altered: the color of his sleeves, the cut of his shirt, the length of his gloves, the shape of his belt, etc. (Sorry; I can't scan the image right now. If you own volume 1, see the character chart on the first page for reference.) Since the same artist draws both versions, it's pretty obvious what the message is: Kite's character data is different. It's likely enough that it was lost in the original version change, but even if it was recovered in part, it was still altered, perhaps to be compatible with the new version. (Rather, that's my guess; R:1 Kite wore his blades in his belt, whereas R:X Kite wears them on his back, so it might have to do with compatibility.) An alternate theory is that, of course, Kite completely remade his character to look similar to the one he had previously. In this case, we have no idea what happened in the three year gap that allowed him to recover his bracelet.
Sol

Post by Sol »

My biggest concern is how tall Kite will be. He's always been one of the shortest, so it'd be interesting if he were to tower over characters like Tokio and Haseo.
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

Well Kite is pretty much one of the oldest of LINK right now. Him and Tsukasa anyway, they are around there mid 20s already.
Namihana

Post by Namihana »

I actually like the idea of Kite fusing with his AI counterpart, turning into what we see now in LINK. But then again, we can never be sure unless some information can be obtained from the manga itself. As of now...Kite's...frozen. ><

As for his height, I'd like to think that he'd be taller or at least as tall as Haseo. He isn't the fourteen year old kid from 10 years ago that's for sure. He's definately grown to maturity.