Is trilogy cannon or non-cannon?

Kefkaownsall

Re: Is trilogy cannon or non-cannon?

Post by Kefkaownsall »

The Anaconda wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote: GU+ isn't even complete yet
wait, it isnt? :shock:
No they are still making one more volume in japan.
kuroi_shinigami

Post by kuroi_shinigami »

Isn't GU+ already ended on vol 3? I also agree that trilogy is not cannon since they throw away lots of character and cut some story off. I also think the way Haseo gain his Xth form in trilogy kind of.... cheesy and I don't like it.
zandor117

Post by zandor117 »

.hack//GU Trilogy is non-canon with the exception of the scenes after the ending credits, they resume where .hack//RETURNER left off and lead into .hack//LINK.
Namihana

Post by Namihana »

Huh...yeah...that scene made me really wonder. It seems to have a connection with //LINK don't it?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, obviously, since they directly mentioned Schiksal.
ShinoBee

Post by ShinoBee »

kuroi_shinigami wrote:Isn't GU+ already ended on vol 3? I also agree that trilogy is not cannon since they throw away lots of character and cut some story off. I also think the way Haseo gain his Xth form in trilogy kind of.... cheesy and I don't like it.
//GU Trilogy is just a quick alternate sum up and fanservice, really. They just got all the major drama and the Yowkow, mixed it in, and voila!: .hack//G.U. Trilogy.

Oh, and there's GU+ Volume 4 (still ongoing btw, new spoiler about Inis also). How I know this: I just bought it two days ago. //GU+ actually shows some of the characters IRL btw, so it's sorta worth getting.