DoppelGanger help.

Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Re: DoppelGanger help.

Post by Cless »

I had the same trouble because I leveled up Haseo to his maximum but the other two in my party were five levels below. Level up your party to their max level, that way they won't get killed very fast. Also have everybody set on Rage in the Strategy menu so they will skill trigger alot that way you can get in a couple of Rengeki's or build up your Moral gauge really fast. To do that have a party that can combo very well. I used Kuhn and Piros though Kuhn doesn't quickly add up combos however Piros or Pi is a good combination.
Lucian

Post by Lucian »

i just did the cheap solo trick XDDD
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Lucian wrote:i just did the cheap solo trick XDDD
You mean the one where you use Slephnir and Smoke screen repeatidly each dealing 500 damage each time? That just ruins the fun.
Lucian

Post by Lucian »

Cless wrote:
You mean the one where you use Slephnir and Smoke screen repeatidly each dealing 500 damage each time? That just ruins the fun.
actually if you use just Sleipner it can't die cause Sleipner reduces HP to half of its total... i just use some screen get on my bike then run him over and repeat... ill use it in Vol. 3 as well
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Lucian wrote:
Cless wrote:
actually if you use just Sleipner it can't die cause Sleipner reduces HP to half of its total... i just use some screen get on my bike then run him over and repeat... ill use it in Vol. 3 as well
ah that's interesting though I never tried that. It must've made completing the monster section in the book of 1000 alot easier.
Lucian

Post by Lucian »

i did it solo...
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

How much damage does running into the doppelganger with the steamcycle do? If you had to do it a lot you problem have to max out on smoke screens to escape and repeat the process to be able to successfully wipe out his HP.
Lucian

Post by Lucian »

Cless wrote:How much damage does running into the doppelganger with the steamcycle do? If you had to do it a lot you problem have to max out on smoke screens to escape and repeat the process to be able to successfully wipe out his HP.
it normally depends on what stuff you have for it and how fast your going... i do around 100 damage each time... im gonna do that strategy in Vol. 3 and see if it works...
Angelic_Light

Post by Angelic_Light »

ok so why does Doppelganger gain so much hp when your fighting him if he is supposed to only be a replica of Haseo why doesn't he gain less hp or better yet why don't I gain more!!!?
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

Angelic_Light wrote:ok so why does Doppelganger gain so much hp when your fighting him if he is supposed to only be a replica of Haseo why doesn't he gain less hp or better yet why don't I gain more!!!?
Doppel has a custom accessory attachment that gives him permanent IMOQ-style Rig Saem. His equipment does NOT replicate yours, he really is using the Heine's series weapons and has his own armors and accessories for each game.
Ganheim

Post by Ganheim »

Lucian, did your strategy depend on Smokescreen/Steambike ramming? Doesn't he constantly follow you, which ruins any possible sneak attack/ramming opportunities? I've never been able to get the drop on the doppelganger, and demon awakening doesn't seem to be any more effective than divine awakening.

Still haven't tried beast awakening, the little bugger won't appear.
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

Ganheim wrote:Doesn't he constantly follow you, which ruins any possible sneak attack/ramming opportunities?
He would, but it takes a few seconds for his senses to start working after the encounter message appears. You don't sneak up on him by sneaking up on him, you sneak up on him by charging at him like a madman. Heck, it's actually possible to still hit him with the bike even if he can see you since he's slow to initialize battle.

Of all the enemies in this game, I think Doppel is the one who has the most misconceptions about him by far.
Angelic_Light

Post by Angelic_Light »

Master ZED wrote:
Angelic_Light wrote:ok so why does Doppelganger gain so much hp when your fighting him if he is supposed to only be a replica of Haseo why doesn't he gain less hp or better yet why don't I gain more!!!?
Doppel has a custom accessory attachment that gives him permanent IMOQ-style Rig Saem. His equipment does NOT replicate yours, he really is using the Heine's series weapons and has his own armors and accessories for each game.
Ah I see now that makes more sense, it's not fair, but it makes sense...We better get those accessories and armors then!!! I'll be one mad player if we don't!!
Mystere Man

Post by Mystere Man »

Angelic_Light wrote:
Master ZED wrote:
Ah I see now that makes more sense, it's not fair, but it makes sense...We better get those accessories and armors then!!! I'll be one mad player if we don't!!
For the record in volume 3 you do get his armor and accessory but I don't know what they do? You can also get a new weapon from them as well.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Either way they will probably be worth getting however if running into the doppelganger and escaping with the smoke screen makes it too easy. XD
It wouldn't be fun.
Ganheim

Post by Ganheim »

Master ZED wrote:He would, but it takes a few seconds for his senses to start working after the encounter message appears. You don't sneak up on him by sneaking up on him, you sneak up on him by charging at him like a madman. Heck, it's actually possible to still hit him with the bike even if he can see you since he's slow to initialize battle.

Of all the enemies in this game, I think Doppel is the one who has the most misconceptions about him by far.
Finally beat him using the Sleipnir / Smokescreen trick, which works really well. I also got a new controller (which was the reason I kept on missing the Divine Awakening). I think the problem was most of the time I just sat and waited, and the Doppel appears at a random area on the field and will walk around for a bit before warping to another random area in the field. I hopped on the bike and drove around for a bit until I found him, then hopped off and snuck in a surprise attack. Dropped his HP down to ~300 before I had to do any serious attacking, and a Divine Awakening did 500HP damage and finished him off nicely.

Haven't tried a Beast Awakening against Doppel, but when I used it against Ovan he seemed to stop all movement and my party thrashed him until he got down to the 1/3 point where he pulls the Tri-edge Sign attack.
jwgs0010

Post by jwgs0010 »

Beast Awekening works best if u only hv 1 enemy.
riku2replica

Post by riku2replica »

Easy to kill, start the battle with twin blade(doppel twin blade), keep on killing it till u get rengeki(this build up ur divine meter)... by rite, 4 time of rengeki should be able to fill up and make sure u get his hp less than 2k.... then only activate ur divine awakening.
Nihility

Post by Nihility »

If it helps my tactic was a bit barbaric but effective nonetheless. My team included Endrance, Atoli and myself all level 100 except Atoli who was 99. I had the Arena twin blades and En and Atoli both had their legendary weapons. I just engaged him and used rengeki whenever possible then followed it up with Beast awakening (The one that lets you attack none stop). And that was the end of that. Do this twice for all 3 of his weapons.
SoraTheSin

Post by SoraTheSin »

Doppel Gangers are a piece of cake, just take a party of three people, constantly attack, get full Awakening and use Beast. then all ya do is kill him before time runs out. it's a surefire way of killing one in less than 3 mins xD!

Edit: [sorry i didn't read the post before mine before actually typing this my bad =.=!]