What are the different classes?

buckethead

Post by buckethead »

The characters in this anime are supposed to be some sort of rpg characters but their armor looks silly and I can't figure out what the heck they're supposed to be..

And more importantly, what's with the cat-people? Sorry, they just wierd me out. Are they a different race, or humans with the power to turn into were-beast forms which grant them extra strength/agility?
GoZero

Re: What are the different classes?

Post by GoZero »

Okay, you have races and you have classes. There are humans, who are humans, having very leveled abilites. Mostly only humans have any story line importance, with the exception of Tabby and Gabi (?). Then there are the beast race, three different types of beast called Tribes:
Tu Tribe - The smallest tribe. Very short, Phyllo belongs to this tribe.
Lei Tribe - Medium, human-sized tribe. Tabby belongs on this tribe.
Ya Tribe - Largest and big beast type. Gabi (though not a Roots character) belongs in this tribe.

Classes, use this for help: http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Category: ... :2_Classes
There isn't really any distinct look for each class, it's just what the character design is.
Adept Rouge: A special class where there the character can use 2-3 different classes, but with less mastery. Like a jack-of-all-trades. Haseo is this class.
Blade Brandier: They use medium length swords. Seisaku is this class.
Edge Punisher: They use very large and long swords. Gabi is in this class.
Flick Reaper: They use large scythes as their battle weapon. Haseo uses this class in the later part of the series.
Harvest Cleric: They use staves (short staffs) for their weapons, they are like White Mages. Shino is in this class.
Lord Partizan: They use large drill-type weapons attached to staff weapons. No one uses this class in Roots.
Macabre Dancer: They use fans as their weapons, and use a combination of black and white type skills. Naobi is in this class.
Shadow Warlock: They use tombs as their weapons, they're like Black Mages. Tawaraya is in this class.
Steam Gunner: Use guns as their weapon. Ovan is in this class.
Tribal Grappler: Mainly use fisticuffs-type moves to attack. Tabby is in this class.
Twin Blade: They use, if not obvious, two blades to fight. Haseo uses this class for the majority of the series.
buckethead

Post by buckethead »

Thanks I guess it makes a little sense now.

These classes are pretty wierd though, why can't they just be like warrior, paladin, mage, rogue, cleric or something? O_o
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, under the different names, they basically are. Besides, those are all cliches, and don't really work in Za Warudo R:2, an MMORPG that's main appeal is being entirely new and unique.
GoZero

Post by GoZero »

buckethead wrote:Thanks I guess it makes a little sense now.

These classes are pretty wierd though, why can't they just be like warrior, paladin, mage, rogue, cleric or something? O_o
Because it's Japanese.

Alot of them were more simple in the Japanese released. Blade Brandier was just Blade, Adept Rouge was Multiweapon, Harvest Cleric was just Cleric, Lord Partizan was just Partizan, Edge Punisher was Brandish, Flick Reaper was Flicker, Macabre Dancers were Dance Macabres, Shadow Warlock was Warlock, Tribal Grappler was Grappler, Twin Blade was Iunno, the only that didn't chance was Steam Gunner.
Alkaid_loves_Haseo
Arena Empress
Arena Empress

Post by Alkaid_loves_Haseo »

Japan usually uses shorter terms for stuff like this, so that makes sense. I like the difference in weapons and classes from other games. I haven't found a game yet as unique as .hack makes the World and that's all because of the character classes.
nekoryuuha
Location: Kurenai No Guntai headquarters. (Twilight's Sacred Holy Ground)

Post by nekoryuuha »

GoZero wrote:
buckethead wrote:Thanks I guess it makes a little sense now.

Because it's Japanese.

Alot of them were more simple in the Japanese released. Blade Brandier was just Blade, Adept Rouge was Multiweapon, Harvest Cleric was just Cleric, Lord Partizan was just Partizan, Edge Punisher was Brandish, Flick Reaper was Flicker, Macabre Dancers were Dance Macabres, Shadow Warlock was Warlock, Tribal Grappler was Grappler, Twin Blade was Iunno, the only that didn't chance was Steam Gunner.
The original Japanese class name were:

Multiweapon - changed to Adept Rouge (-_-,)
Twin Sword - change to Twin Blade
Brandish - changed to Edge Punisher (-_-,)
Blade - changed to Blade Brandier
Grappler - changed to Tribal Grappler
Partisan - changed to Lord Partizan
Flicker - changed to Flick Reaper (-_-;)
Steam Gunner - didn't change
Harvester - changed to Harvest Cleric
Warlock - changed to Shadow Warlock
Dance Macabre - changed to Macabre Dancers

I still hate and will always hate the english names... Even now I still use the old names when I RP here.
EnergyBolt2

Post by EnergyBolt2 »

GoZero wrote: Ya Tribe - Largest and big beast type. Gabi (though not a Roots character) belongs in this tribe.
couldnt u just say naobi instead if one doesnt know who gabi is?
shio

Post by shio »

well im sure most know who gabi is and if not they would ask. but please dont flame me for asking this but tawaraya...is he possibly an adept rogue cuz i know he used the grimoire against sakisaka but i remember when he wanted haseo to join tan, when the door was opening and you couldnt tell what door haseo was walking into cuz it kept switching between tan and twilight brigade and it turned out that it was ender who came into tan's door and tawaraya was sitting down with a huge sword it looked like. at first i thought mabe it was just a rare weapon he had since he was a merchant but can someone clear this up for me. and also was he holding the grimoire and i just mistaked it for a big sword?