Are there two Dubs?

Kota

Are there two Dubs?

Post by Kota »

I got eps 1-17 english dub from bit torrent...its a REALY REALY good dub...then i watch my bros official dvd and the voices are slightly diffrent... so i was woundering if the dub i have is either a bad sound dub...or a team of fan subbers made this proffesional...and its realy realy good dub
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Check the credits.
Haseo-Skaith

Post by Haseo-Skaith »

It could be that they did 2 different versions of the dubbing. One for the DVDs and another for TV broadcast.

If you've ever seen an Anime on DVD and then seen it on TV you notice little differences. Because when they do it for a TV broadcast they have to sensor it for language and violence. Where as they don't have to do it on DVD, so they can stay as close to the original as possible.

I've only seen the first DVD of ROOTs, which has the first 5 episodes. And I haven't seen it on Cartoon Network because they have it on way too early in the morning. So I haven't had a chance to compare them.
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

Yuri mentions regretting being unable to play Haseo in Roots, so I doubt they did a dub with the G.U. voices.
Kota

Post by Kota »

... the credits...I try that...when I get the chance...well i can do it now...but I to lazy

???its on tv...oh ya...its on at like 5 am on cartoon network... but ya... I try and figure it out... I just see if anythings miss outtaplace when I see the tv ver. and the dvd ver...and the one on my cpu...thanks for some of the Ideas
shio

Post by shio »

are you watching his dvd on a tv and your dub on a comp, cuz there could be a difference in sound on the speakers? =/
GoZero

Post by GoZero »

They're talking about dubs not subs. Dub is the anime in English or anther language than the original if you don't know.

And I don't really care as long as Tabby's voice is different.

Is it?
kururusoft

Re: Are there two Dubs?

Post by kururusoft »

CREDITS!!! but the game voices change so maybe
Skeith of the Dawn

Post by Skeith of the Dawn »

The dubbs are different because Bandai, or sunrise, whatever sometimes does their dubbing in Canada. The voice for Tabby in GU will be different and the voice for Shino is already different. In GU it's Kari Wahlgren who is Saya in Blood+, Robin in Witch hunter Robin, ect... and in Roots its Kelly Sheridan, who does Songo in Inuyasha, and Hitomi in escaflown ect... A good caste for both versions but definitly a noticeable difference. Really the only voice that are confusing are Ovan's and Haseo's since those are characters that we hear from a lot in the Game. Wheres we don't hear Tabby or Shino too much throughout the three games. Anyways, I just hope they get a cool vioce for Tabby in the GU games. I've never heard of Sakubo's GU voice actress before this.
bredan

Post by bredan »

Skeith of the Dawn wrote:The dubbs are different because Bandai, or sunrise, whatever sometimes does their dubbing in Canada. The voice for Tabby in GU will be different and the voice for Shino is already different. In GU it's Kari Wahlgren who is Saya in Blood+, Robin in Witch hunter Robin, ect... and in Roots its Kelly Sheridan, who does Songo in Inuyasha, and Hitomi in escaflown ect... A good caste for both versions but definitly a noticeable difference. Really the only voice that are confusing are Ovan's and Haseo's since those are characters that we hear from a lot in the Game. Wheres we don't hear Tabby or Shino too much throughout the three games. Anyways, I just hope they get a cool vioce for Tabby in the GU games. I've never heard of Sakubo's GU voice actress before this.
I just love it how no cares about the dates anymore