Phallic Imagery

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: Phallic Imagery

Post by AuraTwilight »

That has nothing to do with my post, though.
Kiora

Post by Kiora »

I thought that the Guardian looked like that but I dismissed it thinking I was perverted. I'm certainly glad I'm not the only one who thought it. I never really thought to look into the subject though.... :?

The yellow ring is actually the Twilight Bracelet though?? I never knew that! That leads me to another question... Is the Key of the Twilight also Kite's Bracelet?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Key of the Twilight is Aura, the Twilight Bracelet, Xth Form, and so on.
Sol

Post by Sol »

Is it odd that this topic caught my eye? xD

Anyway, I suppose that it's perfectly reasonable that the Guardian would be such a thing. Afterall, what establishes dominance more in the natural animal than the male reproductive organ?
twilight_keeper

Re:

Post by twilight_keeper »

AuraTwilight wrote:Well, there you go. Several dicks without protection (AKA, they don't need to be Protect Broken) are running around the word, spreading around viruses and infections. And who's RECEIVING all of those infections and viruses? Za Warudo, also known as Morganna, a female entity playing the role of unwilling Mother, trying to abort an unwanted pregnancy.

PWNED.
AT, your insight that never ceases to amaze me... That kind of thinking just opens up all kinds of possiblities to the less-than-obvious. I love it, it's a great interpretation.
dominus_draconis

Post by dominus_draconis »

the data drain in the first games is phallic, too, it represents procreation

when the drain is fired, the braclet expands(flares) and the streams of energy(semen) rocket off, the monster is encapsulated in an orb, representing an egg, and the orb is penetrated by lines coming in from the sides like sperm fertilizing the egg, the monsters, being representing inferior females(the superior one being aura, or possibly morganna) are made weaker, representing how the lower females biologically can weaken a species(not making any value calls here, just trying to interpret X3) the monster then represents the child, and, even in the rare case with the guardian data drained where it becomes stronger, it represents a young as it is smaller and has less endurance, it is the child, however, of a more superior parent(which makes sense, giving the maxed stats of the guardian) finally, the monster must be protect broken(in heat/ losing virginity) before it can be data-drained(bred) showing another bit of phallic imagery

there are also bits in the phases, I noticed it the first time, but, I cannot remember what atm and I have classes and such(I first posted this right before bed, the phases part is an edit) so, it will be a bit before I analyze them
Daichi

Post by Daichi »

man. you guys can make .hack//SIGN sound sexy.....

good job.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

dominus_draconis wrote:the data drain in the first games is phallic, too, it represents procreation

when the drain is fired, the braclet expands(flares) and the streams of energy(semen) rocket off, the monster is encapsulated in an orb, representing an egg, and the orb is penetrated by lines coming in from the sides like sperm fertilizing the egg, the monsters, being representing inferior females(the superior one being aura, or possibly morganna) are made weaker, representing how the lower females biologically can weaken a species(not making any value calls here, just trying to interpret X3) the monster then represents the child, and, even in the rare case with the guardian data drained where it becomes stronger, it represents a young as it is smaller and has less endurance, it is the child, however, of a more superior parent(which makes sense, giving the maxed stats of the guardian) finally, the monster must be protect broken(in heat/ losing virginity) before it can be data-drained(bred) showing another bit of phallic imagery

there are also bits in the phases, I noticed it the first time, but, I cannot remember what atm and I have classes and such(I first posted this right before bed, the phases part is an edit) so, it will be a bit before I analyze them
Okay, that one was seriously stretching out your ass. Come on now. XD
twilight_keeper

Post by twilight_keeper »

Aw come on AT, at least give 'em points for effort. It had to have taken a small bit of otehrwise better allocated time to develop that one.
dominus_draconis

Post by dominus_draconis »

to be fair, I DID have to stretch so as to properly incorporate the original monster that is why the inferior female thing, it seemed to be the only one that would fit into the metaphor, though, the offspring argument also admittedly DOES fall apart all cause of especially one DD monster, long-lived, who could not really represent a child in any way(being incredibly old and all :P)
Kaoshima

Post by Kaoshima »

Oh my god... *facepalm* It actually makes sense... WTF!?

I leave for a few months to avoid G.U. spoilers, and this is what happens!? Jeezus...

Anyway, I actually have a wallscroll with Tsukasa on it where he's holding the staff in such a way that the bit curved around the little red floating ball thing looks like an erect p3n15...
And now I know why...

Thank you, dothackers.net, thank you.