A few more questions about SIGN

Discuss the anime series that started it all, .hack//SIGN and //LIMINALITY

Moderator: Moderators

amayon

Post by amayon »

Very good questions, I would like answers too!
Marioshinobi
The Hidden One
The Hidden One

Post by Marioshinobi »

#1 The whole speech may have affected her personally, the whole love statement and daughter such could have pinched her heart actually considering she has no love around her life really. You saw later on in the series that Crim dumped her and Bear did so as well, she's rather alone and such a speech about how he loved his daughter may have made her feel sick and broken hearted.

#2 Harold made that himself, Morganna does not control the game by portals. Only the 8 phases,she can't affect the game itself.

#3 Tsukasa has a vivid imagination at some points, he had wanted her to wake up several times like where he had a rather childish scene with both of them running in the forest and then she had stabbed him, this was the same. It was just his imagination and need of human contact.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Marioshinobi answered the first two spot on, but the third one is wrong.

3) Morganna's screwing with Tsukasa's dreams, using it both to discourage him from bonding to Subaru and waking up Aura.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

Marioshinobi wrote:#1 The whole speech may have affected her personally, the whole love statement and daughter such could have pinched her heart actually considering she has no love around her life really. You saw later on in the series that Crim dumped her and Bear did so as well, she's rather alone and such a speech about how he loved his daughter may have made her feel sick and broken hearted.

#2 Harold made that himself, Morganna does not control the game by portals. Only the 8 phases,she can't affect the game itself.

#3 Tsukasa has a vivid imagination at some points, he had wanted her to wake up several times like where he had a rather childish scene with both of them running in the forest and then she had stabbed him, this was the same. It was just his imagination and need of human contact.

Re:#2:Morganna controls ALOT more than the phases.
Where do you think the phases came from?
And how do you think she destroyed Heralds A.I.?
She can do almost anything,but focuses on Aura and Tsukasa(Lets not forget the system drain she used on Tsukasa to render him emotionless.
The series would just be very boring if Morganna said"Ooopppsss.better delete those heros PC's."and POOF!!!!!!!
The series ends.
She just didn't act in a way that would massivly make her known,that's all.
She used moderation to hid herself.

That's the only thing you didn't get right.

Apart from # 3,which may have been Morganna creating illusions to furthur taint Aura via Tsukasa's mind,but that's not proven.
Marioshinobi
The Hidden One
The Hidden One

Post by Marioshinobi »

Azure crow wrote:
Marioshinobi wrote:#1 The whole speech may have affected her personally, the whole love statement and daughter such could have pinched her heart actually considering she has no love around her life really. You saw later on in the series that Crim dumped her and Bear did so as well, she's rather alone and such a speech about how he loved his daughter may have made her feel sick and broken hearted.

Re:#2:Morganna controls ALOT more than the phases.
Where do you think the phases came from?
And how do you think she destroyed Heralds A.I.?
She can do almost anything,but focuses on Aura and Tsukasa(Lets not forget the system drain she used on Tsukasa to render him emotionless.
The series would just be very boring if Morganna said"Ooopppsss.better delete those heros PC's."and POOF!!!!!!!
The series ends.
She just didn't act in a way that would massivly make her known,that's all.
She used moderation to hid herself.

That's the only thing you didn't get right.

Apart from # 3,which may have been Morganna creating illusions to furthur taint Aura via Tsukasa's mind,but that's not proven.
First sentence: She controls the Phases..=.=; they're part of her.
Second Sentence: She didn't destroy it at all, Roots proved that
Third Sentence: She can't do much actually, she can only control her own area which is mainly Tsukasa's and Aura's little bed land. It's been seen that she can only control her own area, Sora's death proved that he couldn't warp out. Other then that she can't attribute to any other area..that's why she has Macha and the guardians do her work outside her own little place.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life

Post by Azure crow »

She DID destroy the A.I.,it just respawned,in a more messed up state.

And I was implieing that she can do more than just control the phases,which is all you incinuated that she could do.
And she can control The World to a degree/
She forced Tsukasa into the game,unable to logg out,and aflicted that condition in a regular area.
She can also damage The World,and destroy area's if she feels the need.
Even lost grounds(not large ones,but the extentions of them).
She attacked a server at the end of IMOQ.
That proves she can affect anything she wants
Bear wrote:Our enemy is omni-present in the game.
Rengeki
Location: Watch for the blue-purple lines to appear and hit R1 and any button to see me...

Post by Rengeki »

Azure crow wrote:She DID destroy the A.I.,it just respawned,in a more messed up state.

And I was implieing that she can do more than just control the phases,which is all you incinuated that she could do.
And she can control The World to a degree/
She forced Tsukasa into the game,unable to logg out,and aflicted that condition in a regular area.
She can also damage The World,and destroy area's if she feels the need.
Even lost grounds(not large ones,but the extentions of them).
She attacked a server at the end of IMOQ.
That proves she can affect anything she wants
Bear wrote:Our enemy is omni-present in the game.
*applause*
But, as stated before, the phases do most of the work, as seen with how they can corrupt areas to the point of an area being "protected".
They phases (particularily Skeith) also take on the "hits" Morganna has placed on some players, I believe.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Morganna is omnipotent in Black Box areas, but in the mainstream Za Warudo, she can only manipulate things via the Phases, which between them are effectively all-powerful.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life

Post by Azure crow »

AuraTwilight wrote:Morganna is omnipotent in Black Box areas, but in the mainstream Za Warudo, she can only manipulate things via the Phases, which between them are effectively all-powerful.
However,she CAN move the blackbox areas,link them to others,spread the viral infection,and create creatures out of data.
She can also create area's that exist as semi-blackbox areas,but most of those are given to the phases.
She can protect,hack,and destory some areas,if only gradually.
It's true that she dosn't have full power outside the blackbox,but that dosn't mean she has none.
However,Skeoth and Macha are the two she uses to most of her more serious work,such as manipulating Tsukasa and hunting down Aura,and the guardians are what she uses for less than important work(Such as hunting down and finding Tsukasa,and making sure she is safe.)

My point is that she can affect heavily outside the blackbox as well,or else Tsukasa wouldn't be trapped in the World after she left the dungeons she was attacked in.
Marioshinobi
The Hidden One
The Hidden One

Post by Marioshinobi »

Maybe Tsukasa is just a emo noob that didn't read the manual.

Morganna can do something things outside the game, but considering she only kept one kid down in a coma....

GU we have several >>; I'm not that impressed. And Skeith is mostly her Coma inducing monster since it attacked Sora and Orca. But all her phases have the coma effect.

Wow, Morganna is lazy.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yes, Azure Crow, Morganna does do all that, but she does it THROUGH the Phases. They're her hands. Without them, she can't effect the main servers at all.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life

Post by Azure crow »

AuraTwilight wrote:Yes, Azure Crow, Morganna does do all that, but she does it THROUGH the Phases. They're her hands. Without them, she can't effect the main servers at all.
My point is that she dosn't need the constant maintanance of the phases to do things outside.
Example:Once Macha trapped Tsukasa inside,Morganna had the power to affect Tsukasa in any place,regardless of if Macha is there or not.
I'm not arguing that she isn't totally reliant of the Phases.
Although,in retrospect,she COULD just use the guardians to do what she wanted,as she did in SIGN,so the phases arn't tollay nessesary.
Marioshinobi
The Hidden One
The Hidden One

Post by Marioshinobi »

Guardians only black out chars and give them a minor blackout.

Phases actually Cause people to go into Coma's and are basically invincible until the bracelet came along.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life

Post by Azure crow »

Ii didn't say they wern't.
I'm saying that Morganna could use them in plave of the Phases for small jobs(I.E.,removing a character for a few days or making them forget something that just happened)
Marioshinobi
The Hidden One
The Hidden One

Post by Marioshinobi »

You said the phases aren't necessary.

Thats like saying you can't have God without a Religion.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life

Post by Azure crow »

They ARN'T nessesary.
Just helpful.
Like how having a beater makes mixing easier.
She could get partially the same effects,but they wouldn't be nearly as good,without the phases help.
milliennium_fox

Post by milliennium_fox »

She's never done anything beyond the special areas. In them, she has control. Beyond them, she uses the Phases.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life

Post by Azure crow »

milliennium_fox wrote:She's never done anything beyond the special areas. In them, she has control. Beyond them, she uses the Phases.
And the twilight guardians.
And Data Bugs.
And custom creatures.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Her hands in Za Warudo are the Phases, which control the Data Bugs and the Guardians. Without the Phases, the the Guardians can't even manifest and the Data Bugs can't even be controlled.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life

Post by Azure crow »

Where is that said?
Just curious.
It seems logical,but I'd like to know where I can confirm that.