Phyllo *spoilers*

Rydis

Phyllo *spoilers*

Post by Rydis »

I just finished episode 25 and kinda confused. I looked it up on wiki and seen that he dies. Was it his illness why he was in the cathedral with touta and didn't seem to know anything. I am guessing that is what he was telling him before it happened, but then again, still kinda confused on how he knew he would end up there. Can anyone explain this better?
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Apparantly it was someone else playing his character delivering the bad news. Hence why he didn't know Touta and didn't know how to play very well.
Anion

Post by Anion »

I believe Phyllo asked Touta to take care of Haeso because he had cancer and wanted to die with everything settled.
dominus_draconis

Post by dominus_draconis »

he did, but, as touta was going to be going to the US for school, he'd no longer be able to access
dominus_draconis

Post by dominus_draconis »

hey, that is what he officially said, I forget what ep it is in :P
Rydis

Post by Rydis »

alright thanks.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Touta's probably pulling a Saburou.
silabus

Post by silabus »

well phllo was a 76 years old man that wanted to help his last days in the world and ,well some info he gave to TOuta but Phyllo knew the ubication of the Lost Weapon ,is this like Ovan get his ,and he said it to Antares to help Haseo ...and he did......
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, as in Touta is in the shadows, watching Haseo and secretly supporting him but never showing himself.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

I think he had cancer, I might be imagining things though.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

Phyllo had cancer,that's true.
silabus

Post by silabus »

yeah i forgotten that point
mastergods

Post by mastergods »

AuraTwilight wrote:Touta's probably pulling a Saburou.
I dont understand Would I if I saw LOTB?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Hell no. Udeden has nothing to do with this. Especially not it's shitty anime version. Just scroll up and look at my posts more carefully, I explained it already.
mastergods

Post by mastergods »

AuraTwilight wrote:Hell no. Udeden has nothing to do with this. Especially not it's shitty anime version. Just scroll up and look at my posts more carefully, I explained it already.
:oops: I did not see it, I get it now.
Zyxith

Post by Zyxith »

As far as I can tell:

Phyllo's real self was told he had cancer and had about 8 months to live.
He decided to spend that time helping out in The World and ended up wanting to guide Haseo.
Before he died he sent Touta a mail about his condition and death.
Touta gets a "Short-mail" from Phyllo's character to meet him at Hulle Granz.
Touta notices the player is acting funny and quickly reads the mail and then you see the shock on his face.
Touta then explains to Phyllo's friend how to log out.

What I don't get is that it seems Phyllo put Touta up to the task to care for Haseo, but he'd be busy in the US so he wouldn't be able to play so maybe Phyllo, knowing that, asked another friend, being Taika "Antares"

As for the statement about Touta not being able to play in the US, you can probably go to any regional server like some online games, although many stick to their region due to language. I could be wrong, only online game I really played was Phantasy Star Online and you could go to any regional server, it's merely the Japanese server had people and NPCs speaking Japanese.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, it's not his location that's the problem. It's that he's studying in some big university thing, and doesn't have the time.
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

Hrmmm....I see.
quiotu

Post by quiotu »

Honestly what they did to Phyllo was the only part that really got to me... that old coot was my favorite character. What really ticked me off was that I didn't even find out until in Vol. 2! After the mail arrives and Haseo proclaims that Phyllo should be dead, I found myself inevitably pointing at the screen going 'YOU BASTARDS'.
But yeah... Phyllo wanted to end his days doing exactly what he'd normally be doing. I remember him even saying to Touta that his dog and cat were gone, which was the first sign of bad things. We don't really know how long it is between Phyllo giving his request to Touta, and when he finally passes on. My interpretation is that Touta might've forgotten, and him finding Phyllo's character at the cathedral WAS the signal, with no mail needed. You notice that the voice was lighter, softer and more respectful; I assume it's probably one of Phyllo's grandchildren, or a grandnephew or niece.
haseoxth
The Pain of Death
The Pain of Death
Location: I was told to go south,so I went where it was warmest,the sun.

Post by haseoxth »

quiotu wrote:Honestly what they did to Phyllo was the only part that really got to me... that old coot was my favorite character. What really ticked me off was that I didn't even find out until in Vol. 2! After the mail arrives and Haseo proclaims that Phyllo should be dead, I found myself inevitably pointing at the screen going 'YOU BASTARDS'.
But yeah... Phyllo wanted to end his days doing exactly what he'd normally be doing. I remember him even saying to Touta that his dog and cat were gone, which was the first sign of bad things. We don't really know how long it is between Phyllo giving his request to Touta, and when he finally passes on. My interpretation is that Touta might've forgotten, and him finding Phyllo's character at the cathedral WAS the signal, with no mail needed. You notice that the voice was lighter, softer and more respectful; I assume it's probably one of Phyllo's grandchildren, or a grandnephew or niece.
Ok...Im not saying anything mean,but did you even watch the show?Phyllo said he wanted to "spend his last days in peace."But he wanted to look after Haseo.I believe he even said he can cancer and eight months to live,and he spent it on Haseo.